A Friendly Jester
55 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was now a few weeks after the trial of Max Midas and Calder’s attack inside of Zari’s gym.

 

Love and the others were currently sitting in Jack’s class while he was giving them a lecture on what to do when you see someone steal an old woman’s purse.

 

“Love Hart, please report to the dean’s office! Love Hart, please report to the dean’s office!” The intercom blares.

 

Love is confused, but she does as she is told.

 

Love enters Isaac Quentin’s office as he is staring out the window while drinking his tea.

 

“Have a seat, Love.” Isaac says without turning around.

 

“...But, how did you know it was me?”

 

Isaac turns around with a small smirk on his face and just taps the top of his head.

 

“...Oh…right…your psychic abilities…”

 

He nods and takes a seat behind his desk.

 

“So, Miss Hart, did they tell you why you have been called into my office?”

 

She shakes her head no, but is also starting to get a little nervous.

 

Isaac notices this and course corrects the conversation.

 

“Oh, no need to worry, miss. You aren’t in trouble. Quite the opposite in fact!”

 

“...Huh…What do you mean?”

 

“What I mean is that the school, myself included, are very glad with your ability to apprehend Calder McHail.”

 

“...Oh, thanks…I guess…”

 

“You are very welcome, my dear! The school thought a simple thank you would have been more than enough to repay you for your bravery, but I thought otherwise.”

 

“...Oh…are you giving me a reward?”

 

“Yes, I suppose that is one way to put it.”

 

Love was starting to get a bit excited. Her mind was racing with what her reward was going to be.

 

“To thank you for your efforts we are going to pay off your tuition for the rest of your time at SUPER! How does that sound?”

 

Love thought about it for a second. This was a very exciting offer, but she thought of a better idea than to take this gift for herself.

 

“...I would love to accept your gift myself, sir, but would it be alright if I gift it to one of my friends instead?”

 

“...Are you sure?”

 

Love nods her head.

 

“Alright, which of your friends did you have in mind?”

“Violet Newton, please report to the dean’s office! Violet Newton, please report to the dean’s office!” The intercom blares again.

 

Violet was in the middle of answering a question in Jack’s class as she was called.

 

She apologizes to Jack (who couldn’t care less) and leaves to go to Isaac’s office.

 

She walks in and notices that Love was still here.

 

“Take a seat, Miss Newton.” Isaac says as he takes another sip of his tea.

 

She sits down next to Love with a worried expression suddenly appearing on her face.

 

“What can I help you with, sir?”

 

“No need to worry, Miss Newton. You aren’t in trouble.”

Violet’s shoulders de-stress.

 

“Thank you for telling me that, sir. That is a relief. With that being said…why did you call us here?”

 

Isaac turns to Love.

 

“Would you like to tell her the good news or should I?”

 

“...You go ahead, sir. You are much better with words than I am…”

 

Violet’s interest was piqued and she was getting a little excited now, but she did her best not to show it.

 

“Miss Newton, I was just rewarding Miss Hart for taking care of the…Calder incident…and she declined the reward for herself because she wanted to give it to you instead.”

 

“...Thank you, Love.” Violet says as she turns to her friend before turning back towards Isaac “What is the reward?”

 

“...The reward is…a free full ride scholarship to SUPER! This means all of your classes will be paid for along with all other on campus expenses such as your dorm room. Love told me about the situation between you and your parents. I am quite sorry that you ended up in such a situation, but hopefully this makes up for that.”

 

Violet turns towards Love.

 

“Are you sure about this Love?”

 

Love nods her head.

 

“My parents are still paying for my tuition. I don’t need this as much as you do.”

 

Violet immediately hugs her friend.

 

“Thank you, Love! Thank you so, so, so much!”

 

“...Too tight…” Love says.

 

“...Oh, I’m sorry…” Violet says as she lets go of her friend.

 

“...Don’t…worry about it…” Love says as she catches her breath.

 

Violet then turns towards Isaac.

 

“Thank you, sir!”

 

“You are quite welcome, Miss Newton.” Isaac says with a small grin. “The school will update your file to waive the fees for the rest of your schooling along with the other expenses soon.”

 

Isaac nods his head and goes back to his paperwork as Love and Violet leave the room.

 

“...So, Love…”

 

“...Yes Vi…”

 

“I am happy about this of course, but why didn’t you accept this gift for yourself? You have more than earned it.”

 

“...If I am being completely honest, I get a little bit of a kick from my parents spending their money on me to go to school even though they would retract that money as soon as they figure out I am trans. Sure, if they figure out things will probably be bad, but what they don’t know won’t hurt them.”

 

“...I suppose that makes sense…but if you want to tell them I am more than willing to come with you and protect you from anything bad they might do to you.”

 

“...Thank you Violet, but I don’t expect to have to do that anytime soon if I have anything to say about it.”

 

“...Well, if you're sure…” Violet says with a slightly worried expression.

The next day in Jack’s classroom, Jack has an announcement to make.

 

“As you all know, since Calder is no longer attending SUPER I have an open slot on my class roster. So let me introduce you to your new classmate, Fang Jenks.”

 

“It is wonderful to meet you all!” Fang says with a theatrical bow.

 

He was wearing a green jumpsuit and a beanie…no…I think it’s actually a green jester’s cap. He had medium length black hair. He also had curled shoes with bells at the end of them.

 

“Hello Fang!” Candi says as she zips toward Fang with a hand outstretched for a handshake. “My name is Candi! It is nice to meet you!”

 

“Likewise!” He says as he reciprocates the handshake.

 

*ZAP!*

 

“Ouchie!” Candi yells as she retracts her hand.

 

“Ha! Oh, I am sorry miss! I couldn’t help myself!” Fang takes the buzzer off of his hand and places it back into his pocket.

 

“Are you okay, Candi?” Violet says as she approaches her friend to make sure she is okay.

 

“...I’m alright, Violet…” Candi says as she recalibrates herself and turns her attention back towards Fang. “Now that I know you are a prankster I can finally use my backlog of prank ideas!”

 

“Now that's what I like to hear!” Fang says with a wide smirk on his face.

 

“...Wait a second…” Violet says with a confused look toward Candi. “...If you love to pull pranks, why have you never pulled any on us?”

 

“Because you don’t pull pranks on people without their consent!” Candi states matter of factly as she glares at Fang with a small yet mischievous smile.

 

Fang giggles at this. He is more than up for this challenge.

 

Suddenly, Fang feels an arm around his shoulders.

 

“I think I am gonna like this guy!” Maka says as she tries to give Fang a noogie.

 

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you!” He says with a small but knowing grin.

 

“Why is tha…” Maka is cut off by the ears on Fang’s cap suddenly moving and aiming towards Maka. It seemed like his hat had mechanical parts inside that created some sort of defense mechanism.

 

Maka is then shot in the face with a torrent of seltzer water.

 

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you!” Maka mocks Fang as she uses her powers to redirect the water back towards Fang.

 

She splashes him over the head with it. Fang currently looks like a sopping wet sad clown.

 

“Good one!” He says as he gives Maka finger guns. “You are next on my hit list!”

 

“Bring it on, buddy!” Maka says with a devious smile. “Bring it on!”

 

Fang takes a seat in between Ash and Love.

 

“I am glad that I am not you right now.” Ash says. “I hate water.”

 

“What is that guy’s problem?” Fang says as he leans towards Love with a whisper.

 

“...Oh…that’s Ash…He has fire powers…”

 

“By the way! I noticed you weren’t paying attention to my introduction a minute ago!”

 

“...Uh…What do you mean…I was…paying attention…” She lied.

 

“...Uh huh…Then what is my name?”

 

“...Pennywise?”

 

“...Yup…you totally missed it…The name’s Fang by the way! Put ‘er there!” He says as he extends his hand towards Love.

 

“...Oh…uh…sure…my name is Love Hart…” She says right before she is shocked.

 

“Ouch!”

 

“You would have seen that coming if you were paying attention!”

 

Love doesn’t say anything. She just folds her arms and puts her head down onto her desk.

 

“I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship!” Fang says with a small laugh.

2