Pro: The Tomb (1)
3.6k 31 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Overlord and The Automata

Pro: The Tomb

          Kane Petrov walked on his prosthetic legs all the way to his front door. It was raining outside, and he wanted to get back in before the umbrella that he was carrying melted. After all, the only rain that fell from the sky nowadays was acid rain.

          He opened his airlocked door and stepped inside. Inside, the decontamination light blinked into existence. The LED itself was starting to no longer work. He was going to have to get that fixed. That was going to take a big dip out of his pockets.

          He looked up to the front door that led into his house, inside sat his dinner table and beside that was his neural interface. The neural interface itself was nothing special for this day and age, although, it was a rather luxury version of the basic model everyone had.

          He put away his umbrella and took off his acid-resistant coat. His hat came off next and he put it in its rightful place atop his stand. He walked into his own home that had been lived in by two people not even ten years ago and looked to his dining room table.

          His grandfather had died not to long ago trying to stop some home invaders with a musket and a cannon that he had mounted in this very room. It had worked, but he had died after taking radiation in from the outside. His grandfather had said that that would work.

          His ideas had always been based off of memes that his own father had constantly used in real conversation. What was rather confusing is that his own grandfather had hated that about his dad, but after his dad had died in the Neo-Nazi conflict that had caused the whole world to end up “all fallout” as his grandfather put it, he started to act like him.

          That is what his father used to say anyway. Kane lived in Japan, specifically Tokyo. It was one of, if not the worst cities he had lived in. But he grew up here. His grandfather had moved here after his own father died in the conflict and since then, this is where their family lived.

          Kane went over all of what had happened today at his job. He was a security guard, and he had finally come home to his house. He then sat down on his neural interface and put on the helmet that had been sitting there. He cracked his neck from side to side and plugged in his interface.

          After a couple minutes of menus, he entered the game. Said game was Yggdrasil, a VRMMORPG. He had gotten into the game after its peak, after it had turned 10 years old.

          But now as he loaded in, he wondered why it had fallen behind all the others. It still had rather good graphics, a very nice art style, and near infinite customization. Sure, the quest system and the story line were rather lacking luster, but it was an MMO! The whole draw of the game was the players’ freedom.

          And most games nowadays don’t do that. They simply had the illusion of a free and open world. It was rather sad as his grandfather had often said it was every young man’s dream to play in an open world.

          After loading in and checking around he noticed the shutdown timer had progressed to about 21:45:59. He had about 3 hours and 25 minutes to get to the tomb he wanted to raid. Well, it was less raiding and simply wanting to talk to the owner of said tomb.

          “The Great Underground Tomb of Nazarick” was once the greatest guild base on the server. It had taken a raid of 1,500 players and NPCs and survived. The surviving players had whined to the GMs, but they said it was all good. The defending players had been accused of cheating.

          He looked out the Inn’s window into the gloom of Helheim, it was rather cold in Helheim. And the number of people who played in the realm of the game was very little, even more so since the shutdown was announced. He then looked in the mirror of the Inn’s room.

          What greeted him was her. She was about 5ft 10in, with wide but not too wide hips. She had a mature, yet girly face. Her cheek bones weren’t wide, but they did give an air of a mature woman.

          Her hair was a deep red, bordering on auburn. Her hair was done up in a ponytail at the back of her head. Her hair atop her forehead had been made it braids and was tied behind her ear. Her skin had a healthy, ever so light tan, as well as freckles dappled along her cheeks.

          The uniform she was wearing was a good mix of Roman and Russian Commissar garb. The green covered, segmented plates and buttons across the front gave her a dignified appearance.

          Her bust was considered rather large IRL, but compared to the bust sizes of the game, they were on the medium side. The pair of combat boots that adorned her feet might have made a foot fetish man cry, they weren’t boots, they were sandals.

          She is a automata, and that means she is a heteromorphic being. The glowing orb of light that was her left eye was the same color as uranium glass. Her right eye was a deep green instead of the glowing green of radiation.

          She moved as he moved and the both of them nodded, this was his in-game avatar. Her name was Aeskell Peregrinus Walker. And she was his pride and joy, he had worked ever-so hard on her appearance. It was a miracle that he had even enough time to play as her.

          But that was enough of admiring his handy work, now was time for action. He walked out of the inn and looked at his mini map. On it was a waypoint, said waypoint was tagged on a very important building, it was the tomb. As he began teleporting to the local of said place, he remembered something.

          His Kamra was rather high, as a result of being a secret class of paladin, so why not kill everyone in town? It was the last day, no one would care about some rando killing all the nonessential NPCs…

          “What a wonderfully terrible idea,” he said with his voice changer on.

          He had now killed all the nonessential NPCs in the town and had teleported to the Great underground tomb of Nazarick. The action of killing all of them had taken his Karma from 300 to -150. Good thing his own paladin powers didn’t rely on Karma that much.

          He looked at the top floor of the tomb and smiled behind the VR helmet, then looked shocked as he spotted the time. 23:59:56…

          “SHIT!!!”

hey guys, i was wondering what it would be like to write an overlord fanfic, so I did! it was harder than i expected it to be so i was wondering what your opinions on thi9s was. if you guys want more i will write more. but this was hard and I'm wondering if its even worth the time. if you guys don't like it then I'll stop posting it.

do you guys want anymore of this?
  • Yes! Votes: 170 98.8%
  • no! Votes: 2 1.2%
Total voters: 172
92