Chapter 3: Battle of Canre village, part one (8)
1.5k 5 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: Battle of Canre village

          After the whole thing with telling everyone that Aeskell was to be brought into the guild of Ainz Ool Gown, they surprisingly didn’t get any grumbles. What they did get though, was a very satisfied looking Demiurge, and an angry Albedo that did a very poor job of hiding it from Aeskell.

          What was rather strange about the whole thing was the fact that Demiurge seemed to be under some sort of misinterpretation about her and Momonga’s relationship. She didn’t know what all the NPCs were thinking exactly, but whatever was going through Demiurge’s head was definitely NOT going to end up a strange and over complicated plan.

          That was simply silly to think about. It was like saying that, for instance, a mentally stapled individual that just so happened to be a paladin guessed the maker of the plan purely based on luck stupidity. But that was simply a brainfart of Aeskell’s, nothing major.

          Right now, they were walking down the hallway to the surface of the tomb. Aeskell had been too distracted to see the sky, or any major details for that matter when she was up here. But right now, Momonga wanted to see the surface of the tomb, he wanted to see the sky.

          They had to tell the servants outside of the room that they didn’t need any guards to look out for them outside. She felt pretty safe while being around Momonga. That was pretty weird though, right? She had just met him, but she already thought really highly of him.

          As they reached the entrance of the ground floor, they saw some evil lords standing there. She had seen these evil lords before, when she had made the announcement that she was now a part of the guild, but she didn’t know why they would be here.

          She looked over to Momonga for confirmation of the confusion and he seemed more intrigued than anything else. It was likely that this wasn’t expected. She was starting to think as to why they would be here when she saw Demiurge behind them.

          He strolled to them, the evil lords parting for him so he could meet them. He looked at them with an inquisitive gaze, then smiled. It seemed like he had come to a strange conclusion once more. Aeskell wasn’t even going to tell him otherwise.

          “My lord, my lady, what are you doing here if I may ask?” he inquired.

          Like Aeskell had thought and noticed before, she could tell he was simply asking out of want and such. Like the question was an improve joke and they were out of the loop. Or maybe he thought they were onto it? That was probably it, after all why would he do that if they weren’t in the loop.

          “We simply wish to see the outside. You see Demiurge, the skies of Helheim were always covered in dark clouds, so we wanted to see the sky,” Aeskell told the archdemon.

          He nodded contentedly in understanding. This look suited him rather well; it was like he was always supposed to have that look. It also seemed that it was the look of someone else, like he had inherited it. It made Momonga smile, that was the look of Ulbert Alain Odle. It made Momonga’s non-existent brain tingle with nostalgia.

          “But my lord and lady. You have no escort; we cannot have the divine beings in danger!” he proclaimed loudly, and his evil lords nodded their heads collectively.

          Momonga sighed internally at this. It looked like they weren’t going to be able to leave the tomb alone. They really wanted to do so, but demiurge’s words seemed to be the final nail in the proverbial coffin.

          “Fine, but only Demiurge can come with; the rest of you stay here. Oh, and I think I can sense Albedo further down the tomb, would you kindly tell her that we don’t want to be interrupted?” Aeskell ordered.

          The evil lords nodded their heads and looked at their other lord, Momonga. He seemed confused as to why Albedo would be close, so he looked at Aeskell questioningly. She simply shrugged and let the matter go.

          He then looked at Demiurge and urged him with a hand wave to follow them. He nodded and began to walk behind the two of them. As they left the doorway of the tomb’s entrance, Momonga looked up and saw the stars in the sky.

          At first, he wasn’t all that impressed by them, but he then realized something, the entire sky was covered in them, like speckles of paint splattered onto the sky by a god like painter.

          They were so beautiful, so utterly awe inspiring, it was like seeing gems in a jewelry box for the first time. Like he was gazing at a clear, unpolluted pond, with a bottom littered with jewels and crystals. Aeskell was also taken aback at the beauty of the night sky.

          But what caught her attention wasn’t the stars themselves, but the idea that those dots in the sky were themselves stars. Those stars had planets surrounding them. They pro had worlds capable of bearing life. They had planets like this one, not polluted by the waste of man. Safe from the idiocy of their actions, their greed, their lust for power and might.

          The two of them glanced at each other and a silent message was sent not by magic, but the intent of their looks. They both cast the fly spell, and up they went. Demiurge meanwhile had to shift his form to that of his frog-like-self.

          Up they flew till they breached the clouds. It was then that the two of them fully realized the sight before them. It was even more glorious than they had thought, than they had seen on the ground.

          “Each star is like a perfect jewel. Like an uncut, yet perfect gem,” Aeskell breathed out with her breath taken away.

          “I… agree Aeskell, these stars are truly beautiful,” sighed Momonga, “they’re like glittering jewels in a jewelry box. Just… awe inspiring. I think blue planet would love to see this, he spent so long making the sky of the sixth floor, this one would surely bring tears to his eyes,” he said.

          “Blue planet? I assume he was the one to make the skybox of the sixth floor?” she asked.

          “Yes, and he would love this sight.”

          It was then that this perfect mood for romantic relationships that the author would love to put here was ruined.

          “It is my belief that these gems and jewels are for you to put in your own jewelry box my lord and lady,” spoke up Demiurge.

          “Yes, but that would be the height of selfishness,” said Momonga, his mood ruined.

          “And we can’t even go to them, the stars and the worlds beyond our sight. It would be the height of idiocy to claim them as ours,” reiterated Aeskell.

          But the ruined mood was brought back up again by Momonga, or at least he tried.

“Well, it would probably be the most entertaining thing to try and get to them. Would you agree with me Aeskell?” he asked.

And in jest, she responded.

“I would have to agree, it would be the very entertaining indeed my new friend,” she responded with the kindest smile he had ever seen.

It was so captivating he couldn’t even be mad at the thought of replacing his friends with her. After all, they wouldn’t be mad at him for helping this lost girl find kinship in others. They looked at each other, their friendship growing. But in the background, no one heard the archdemon say:

“Sasuga Momonga Sama.”

hey guys, i will be taking a break from writing the fanfiction for now. i will probably go back to only writing the rewrite for now, bye bye

57