2.enter
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It all started on that day a year ago.

Looking back now, it feels like a nightmare.

After graduating from college, Li became an online novelist despite his parents' objections. Of course, it is definitely not because of any dream, ideal or other reasons, and it is just that you can make money by doing this line.

There are very few who write online novels as a day job, and Li Yin is one. In fact, his remuneration income is not too high, it can only barely make a living. Moreover, it is unlikely that his new works will continue to be popular in the future. In this era, there are more and more readers who love the new and hate the old, not to mention the fast food literature of network novels, which is just a tonic for people.

Li Yin was also confused for a while. I always feel that the future of life is very directionless. In K City, a person rents a house to live, just get up every day to open the computer code word upload, daily shopping is basically through the network, it has become a "house man" in general.

Most of his novels were about war, even though he didn't know much about war himself. And his novels are losing popularity online. This month, fewer and fewer people are subscribing to novel chapters, earning less than 800 yuan a month. Let alone daily life, even rent is going to be a problem.

Total feeling, life has come to a very embarrassing road.

That day...

Li Yin is strolling along a commercial street in K City. Usually at this time, he is updating his novel at home, but now... He was thinking about the rest of his life.

After all, I was too naive, although I had expected this day, but I thought that as long as after a period of time, with some savings, I could invest in stocks, and maybe I could start my own business in the future.

But the truth is not so simple at all.

To get a job? He does not have any working experience, what unit does not pay attention to experience now? College students just entering the society, as many as a cow hair, will not be paid special attention to.

Holding a job hunting weekly in his hand, Li Yin's brow became tighter and tighter.

As he walked, he had unwittingly entered a neighborhood and entered an alley.

"Or... Let's find a job first, "Li Yin really can't go back home to ask his parents, even if it is hard, we have to overcome the difficulties first.

After all If this month's rent is late, the landlord will have to evict himself.

At the beginning, I moved out of my home and lived alone, but also because my parents' ideas were not compatible, and I wanted to go home again one day when I had achieved something. But... And now it's like this.

As he walked, he suddenly felt a cold sensation on his back.

He took away the job-hunting weekly in front of him, and in the sun, reflected on the ground, his shadow...

But still hold that job weekly in front of you!

Then, in his shadow, a more terrible change took place.

Li Yin, clearly is not moving now, but the shadow under your feet has begun to move! The shadow, leaving Li Yin's feet, moved across the ground toward the corner of the alley in front of him!

Li Yin suddenly froze on the spot, after a few seconds to react!

He has no shadow now!

Desperate, his mind was blank at the time, and he just ran away, following the direction of the shadow's escape! In this alley with seven turns and eight turns, the shadow moved very fast, and Li Yin also spent a lot of effort to catch up with it.

Finally, crossing another alley, Li Yin saw the shadow enter a very empty space. In the middle of this clearing... There is a very tall apartment.

The apartment, roughly speaking, should be no lower than 20 floors. The apartment covers a large area, about more than 200 square meters, the wall is white, and the outer floor is lined with neat balconies.

And this apartment, there's something really weird about it.

It's midday, the sun is shining straight down, and this huge apartment... On the ground, there were no shadows!

How is that possible?

Li Yin rubbed his eyes desperately. He strongly suspected that he was dreaming.

But what I saw was an incontrovertible fact.

The entrance on the first floor of the apartment is a revolving door. His own shadow, on the ground, moved to the revolving door and went through on the ground.

At this moment, many ghost stories heard as a child, all in Li Yin's mind revived.

He was only 30 meters away from the apartment, and the seemingly ordinary apartment was like a monster that wanted to eat people, and would devour him at any time.

But, for some reason, he was walking toward this apartment.

As if... something was calling to me.

Walking to the revolving door, Li Yin reached out his hand, pushed the revolving door, and walked in.

What comes into view is a spacious lobby. Floors are polished marble, crystal chandeliers hang from the ceiling, and a staircase can be seen on the left side of the lobby, while three elevators are located on the right.

I saw his shadow floating on the ground in front of an elevator, and then the elevator door opened, and the shadow floated in, and the elevator door closed.

Li Yin immediately ran to the elevator door, nervously looking at the elevator floor display board.

Elevator, stopped on the fourth floor.

Li hurried to the other elevator, pressed the button, the elevator door slowly opened, he lunged in, and pressed the button for the fourth floor.

As the number of floors rose, Li Yin's heart was also suspended.

My shadow... My shadow...

Li Yin felt strongly in his heart that if he lost his shadow, it would mean something terrible.

Finally, on the fourth floor, when the elevator doors opened, he stepped out and stood on a long corridor.

There was plenty of light on the long corridor, but the more you walked, the more you had a deep feeling. On both sides of the long corridor, there are doors. The door is marked with the number, "411", "410", "412" and so on...

When Li Yin walked to the door of Room 404, he suddenly saw his shadow floating out from the crack of the door and back at Li Yin's feet.

However, the shadow continued to do what Li Yin had not done.

The shadow seemed to be holding something in his right hand, but could not see it clearly. Immediately, the shadow stuffed the object into the shadow's pants pocket. When he had done this, his hands dropped and he did not move.

Li Yin tentatively waved his right arm, and to his surprise, the shadow followed him to start waving his right hand!

Shadow of Are you back?

At this point, he put his right hand into the pants pocket where the shadow had just put something, and felt something hard.

That's a key.

The key also looks very ordinary, except that the number "404" is engraved on it. Li Yin therefore looked at the door of Room 404 next to him, shivered, inserted the key into the lock, turned it gently, and the door opened.

He walked into room 404.

To the eye, is a fairly large living room, placed with coffee tables, sofas, wardrobes, TV, even TV with karaoke, stereo stereo, seems to be quite expensive on the market. Next to the TV is a row of floor-to-ceiling Windows that connect to a balcony.

On closer inspection, there are also two bedrooms, a study, a bathroom and a kitchen. And the rooms are very well decorated, the furniture is very new, and most of it is brand name. The room is about 70 or 80 square meters, in terms of current house prices, this house even if it is a second-hand house, it is definitely not cheap. At least With his current income, such a house is simply out of reach.

It is What the hell is going on?

"You... Are you, the new resident?"

When Li Yin heard the voice, he immediately turned around and saw a pretty girl in a green dress.

"You... Who are you?" Li Yinsuddenly asked warily.

"You, don't be afraid," the girl quickly waved her hand and said, "I, I am just like you... All of a sudden, the shadows automatically run into this apartment, and then they become the residents of this apartment. You, too, have got the key?"

Li Yin was startled, then took the key, strode to the girl, and asked: "What is going on?" It is This apartment, after all..."

"Since you are a new resident, according to the custom, I will take you to see our building manager." He is our unanimous choice, and when you go to see him, he will inform you of the situation, and then register your arrival."

"Building... The floor master?"

"There are thirty-nine people living in this apartment, forty with you. All of us... All of them, forcibly bound to this apartment and forced to live here forever."

Li Yinsuddenly flew into a rage: "You... Are you kidding me? How can I live in this shithole!"

The girl smiled bitterly and said, "There is no way... I... I was scared when I first came into this apartment, but... There's really no way. Once our shadow enters the apartment and is given the key, it represents becoming a resident of the apartment, so... There will be no escape from this apartment."

At this point, the girl also had a pained expression on her face.

"No... Can't escape?" Li Yin felt more and more strange at the moment, and asked: "Why can't you escape?"

In the past, there were people who were selected as residents but did not live in apartments. People like that... Will be killed by his own shadow."

"What... What?"

Li Yin suddenly dumbfounded.

"You... Are you kidding?"

"Didn't you see it? The shadow has been completely manipulated by this apartment. On a normal day, the shadow is completely at your disposal, but... If you do something against the rules, the shadow will manipulate your own body to commit suicide. I've lived in this apartment for two years... I have seen many people who committed suicide because they violated the rules of their apartments and were manipulated by shadows.

People, in turn, are manipulated by shadows?

Such absurd words, but Li Yin could not refute. Because he had just witnessed the extraordinary changes in his own shadow!

Li Yin began to feel that the apartment was completely beyond his common sense.

"This is... This apartment... Who built it? Why on earth were we chosen as tenants?"

The girl shook her head and said, "I don't know... I have thought about it many times in the past two years, but I can't understand it, really can't understand it! The apartment itself is incomprehensible! But only one thing is certain. We can't meet the people who built it, and for people who aren't residents, the apartment doesn't exist in this world."

"You... What do you mean by that?"

"Did you come here through an alley?"

"Yes... Yes..."

"Actually, it's a dead end. Only those who have been chosen as residents have access to this apartment through that alley. The vacant lot the apartment occupies doesn't even exist. It's land that doesn't exist!"

"No... Doesn't exist?"

Li Yin looked at the balcony outside the floor-to-ceiling window. Outside, rows of tall buildings were visible.

"We can see the outside world, but the outside world cannot see us." The girl saw Li Yin's doubts and explained to him, "When you leave the apartment and walk out of the alley, you will not see the apartment at all." People who are not residents do not even know that this apartment exists."

But this apartment does exist.

And once entered, it is equivalent to stepping on a very dangerous and terrible road of no return!

0