Chapter 3 – Encounter Library!
1.2k 15 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The carriage ride to the viscounty wouldn’t be taking a few hours. The estimate turned out to be three days. Viscount Allen wasn’t malicious by any means, but how many questions could a man possibly ask? It wasn’t too unnatural considering my display of power, but I just responded with a state of half-consciousness that gave occasional replies whilst I focused more on Amelia’s side.

After ensuring that I remembered which floor my room was on as Amelia, I grabbed the keys to the room and left for an adventure around the campus. It looked different from the game, likely because of the sheer scale of it.

The academy was written to be an educational institution that was involved in a battle between young politicians globally. Dubbed as the best in the world, the academy is located in the neutral Theocracy of Myrell, a centre of cultural exchange on the continent for centuries.

There were often quests involving these political battles in the game. However, it wasn’t guaranteed to play out in the exact same way anymore. The strings of code that dictated fate are now gone.

Although there were no main story quests, what happened in the academy had significant ramifications for the world. There were several events throughout a player’s playthrough in the academy that could collapse certain nations.

I don’t have any certainty that the world would act according to my in-game knowledge. Wouldn’t it be easy if I just met up with my other body and began peacefully exploring the world?

“Excuse me, are you a professor?” As I was trying to find the library, a girl with short pink hair dressed in a seifuku interrupted me.

When I turned around, I realised that it wasn’t just any girl- she had oddly coloured hair! It just had to be one of the most notable protagonists in the academy, Alice Swain- a typical poor commoner girl with insane talent who got involved with an otome-game plot. However, the plot twist is that the otome-game plot only existed in the prologue quest, with every subsequent quest leading to a global war against demon cultists.

“Yes, do you need some help?” I responded like an egg. I don’t remember any quests related to taking Alice to a library, so the butterfly effect has already happened.

Please don’t ask for help. I don’t know anything.
Please don’t ask for help. I don’t know anything.
Please don’t ask for help. I don’t know anything.
Please don’t ask for help. I don’t know anything.
Please don’t ask for help. I don’t know anything.
Please don’t ask for help. I don’t know anything.
Please don’t ask for help. I don’t know anything.
Please don’t ask for help. I don’t know anything.
Please don’t ask for help. I don’t know anything.
Please don’t ask for help. I don’t know anything.

“Yes, I need help with finding where the library is,” Alice innocently smiled. Of all questions, it just had to be this.

“Sure, why don’t we take this time to tour the campus as well? We might chance upon the library soon,” I replied with a strained smile, saving my useless dignity.

I doubt I’ll get roped into the plot from just this. Normal interactions with important characters should be fine as long as I don’t get too involved with them. I’m just overreacting as I resist my urge to join the chaos.

“That sounds great. Ah, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Alice Swain; I’m a first-year student who just got here today,” Alice politely introduced herself.

“I’m Professor Amelia, I teach Magecraft Ethics and Magecraft Combat,” I replied, still in search of a library as Alice began unravelling her life story before me.

I’ve achieved a new state of brain power. I could handle two conversations at once, utilising the heavenly technique of just replying with “yes,” “that’s cool,” and “no” occasionally.

Luckily, unlike Allen, my journey with Alice only took a few minutes before she pointed out to a familiar large marble mansion near the gates to the academy. The building was a natural relic, with six levels that had restrictions based on your position in the academy.

“Thank you for your help professor,” Alice bowed before she headed into the towers of bookshelves on the first floor. As expected of a studious protagonist, she’s studying before the semester starts.

“Oh, aren’t you the new professor who joined yesterday?” Another voice called out to me. As I turned around, I saw an oddly familiar old lady dressed up as a librarian. Does she happen to also work as a professor?

“Yes, I’m Amelia. Nice to meet you,” I greeted her.

“Nice to meet you. I’m the head librarian. Do you have your access card yet?”

“No, I don’t think so.”

“Then take this temporary card. It’ll only last for a few days. You’ll receive your card soon.”

"Oh, thank you."

"I hope you find what you want."

With that, I waved goodbye to the enigmatic librarian and finally began my grind. Although it would be wise to leave the academy and avoid complications, I still wanted to reap the benefits of being a professor.

First, I must mingle amongst the first-year students with their basic theory books. Magecraft Ethics was 100% theory-based whilst Magecraft Combat was only 10% theory-based. This meant that most of my studying would be for the former.

“Viscount, do you happen to know which country this is?” I focused back on Marcus. I wasn’t sure if where I had logged off was the same place as my Marcus account.

“Interesting question. We’re in the nation of Aincrad right now. Oh, speaking of which, have you heard of this rumour about-” Allen replied before he moved on to another topic of gossip, prompting me to return to my zombie state.

The next three days were a topic that brought anxiety and excitement. As insane as it may be, whatever this disastrous world has to offer is quite thrilling. When there is no fear and attachment, fun is all that’s left to seek.

 

ty everyone for your support!

50