chapter 2 A choice Underneath The Bright Chandler
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(POV narrator)(It is recommended to read this in dark mode)

Andraya, who from the outside looks more chipper then usual, went to where the party was being held. When he arrived at the big double door the guards, who were checking who could or could not enter, sighed and one of them said, "You may enter,"

"Cool... isn't this the part where you open the doors for me all dramatic like."(Andraya)

Both of the guards were about to reply to him but held back as they didn't want to cause a scene, and weren't paid enough to deal with Andraya's bull shit. And so the 2 guards turned around and pushed the big door, slowly revealing what was inside. In the middle there is a grand chandler that illuminated the room  with a soft yet powerful glow, elegant tables were set around the room, the floor spotless to a point where any imperfection would have been immediately noticeable; And the most interesting detail about this room was the fact that there was an higher floor, only 3 feet off from the floor, but whose stair were guarded with what looks like even more professional guards. There is also musicians who are playing in the side of the first floor that filled the room with music to entertain the room, and compared to everyone else, Andraya could see that the color from there eye seemed to spread across the musicians face, if only a little. When the door opened, many of the guests looked at to whom entered, only to immediately look away and many of the conversation began to go quieter, not wanting for 'that' to listen to there conversation.

Andraya simply smiled and said to himself "damn, gossip sure dose travel fast" and casually walks to to a servant that is handing out wine through out the party to get some "don't mind if I do," this clearly irritates the servant but keeps on handing out wine because that is his job. At first Andraya stands around a random part of the room, listening to the music that is being played; He listens to the melody that is being played by the musicians , all the different instruments in unison creating a simple yet pleasant melody. It creates a calming atmosphere, however such an atmosphere is clashing with the stares and whispers of the guests in this room. Andraya thought that by now he would have gotten used to such aura around him, yet he still doesn't like it at all, he is still human after all despite what everyone else thinks. 

So he looks around to see if there's a space where he could get rid of such ever-present stare. Maybe in the second floor, there's a lot of people there and could use my 'best fwiend is de hewo' card to get on in, no that wouldn't do. Way more judgmental fucks are there, the hero is alright but way too overly friendly for me and plus that fucking jester is there. so he looks around however because of how open this party is, there's not a lot of room to conceal ones self, until he faces to the east and sees an entrance to a balcony, not only very isolated from the angle he could see but also having a wonderful view of the night sky. So he sips his drink and heads that direction.

"I never thought I'd say this but thank god the age for drinking is only 14" (Andraya)

As he entered the balcony, he was surprised that there were 3 other people, which is odd as this is a social party where people were having conversation with other people. But on closer inspection it was not as surprising for 2 of them. One is a guard in full metal armor that is close to the entrance, surprised he didn't see them, and said guard is standing guard like a soulless machina. The other is a green-haired prissiest who is looking to the north into the darkness of the night as if dreaming for something that will never be. The last person is a red-haired noble woman, as she was wearing an elegant dress and she is leaning of the railing, looking at a flickering flame that she had conjured in her hand with a face of disappointment, like a expectation being crushed. Andraya looked at all 3 of them and sees that despite them all probably coming from different backgrounds, they still had a sense of being adrift. This sight isn't uncommon the him so he simply walked to the south because ew people and looks at the magical stars in the night sky that giving comfort to the lonely yet bright moon.

"I always forget how beautiful the night can be"

His words were initially meet with silence as the 3 look to see who made the comment but immediately gone back to what they were doing, seeing it was that person who made the comment. Another time that I get ignored, Andraya thought to himself as he drinks the wine in his hand. Shouldn't be surprised that this keeps happening, oh well, guess I'll sit back and enjoy the-

"Dose tho not know what misfortune will occur tonight"(noble lady)

...Little surprise in front of me.

"If your talking about the jumping that... the ambush that will happen my shakespearian friend, then yes."(Andraya)

The noble lady was a bit confused on the the 2 unusual words but chose to ignore it and replies, "So why dose tho still attend when you have such knowledge."(noble lady)

"Because I can, and I am itching to test out my skills on those wanabe's" (Andraya)

There was a monotoned response to that comment but it was not from the noble lady but from the prissiest who simply replied, "Liar."

Both Andraya and the noble lady looked at the prissiest and she continues with a blank face "I have seen the face of someone who loves the thrill of battle almost every day, and you don't have such a face."

Andraya mealy chuckles and says, "Didn't know this was an interrogation, but yes that is not the real reason I chose to attend this party"

This time the guard speaks as she sensed something concerning in Andraya's comment "If it puts the lives of the noble or the royalties then I will be forced to apprehend you." and puts a hand on her sword

"relax, there's like 100+ guards in this palace AND the fucking hero, the seconds I do something that stupid I'll be dead. The worst thing that could happen if I do my little show is that some of those pretentious fucks will be 'horrified' by my actions like almost anything I do."(Andraya)

"And describe what the foul mouth sailor's show is about." (noble lady)

"Why would I ruin such a spectacular surprise, after all y'all won't have to wait much longer" As Andraya said that, the doors opened and 3 men walked into the balcony. one is a relatively handsome looking fellow with a long sword on his hip and a shield in his back, another is one is walking into the balcony with hollow confidence with a spear in his back, and that last one that has a look of boredom in his face, clearly not invested into what is going to happen and unlike the other 2, he has pointy, elf ears.

The handsome man walk up to Andraya, which looks like the leader and asked with a smile, "Can you please come with us sir."

Andraya looks him up and down and responds, "As flattered that you chose me to dance with, your not my type."

The eyebrow of the man twitched a little, and said, "Unfortunately it's not to dance."

Andraya finishes his wine glass and puts it on the balcony's edge and replies, "Alright lead the way."

The leader nodded and the 4 man walked into the party and walked into the middle of the of the room for all to see, 'surprisingly' everyone cleared the way for them and when they went into the middle of the room the guest were in quite the distance away from the 4 of them, as if a fight is about to brake down. Everyone in the room watches at to what will happen, and Andraya could feel the stares that he wanted to get away from, but they were no long unwelcomed.

The leader turned around and asked, "unexpected companion of the hero, we challenge you to a duel."

A man from the second floor speaks up "wait a minute." This man has a fancy black and white suit with an aura around him that is so different from everyone else that it is easy to tell he is a big deal. "This duel is not fair in the sl-"

Andraya interrupted the man "I accept."

Looking shocked he said "Andraya my friend, are you sure this is the correct choice."

"Don't worry hero, I'm not your damsel in distress... for now."(Andraya)

The whispers from the crowd began intensify, but could not be heard as there was a loud voice that drowned out what anyone was trying to say

“OOOOOO what an interesting turn of events!”

A man ran and jumped off from the second floor, dose a 2 1/4 backflips, and landed with a heavy thud to the first floor, breaking the lyre on his back, clearly not landing with any sort of elegance. However he quickly got up as if nothing happened and walks to the middle of the the 3 and Andraya. He is wearing a jesters outfit and a mask on his face that only had a very odd and menacing smile on it, he is the Court Jester or just The Jester and as far as Andraya or anyone knows, that is the only name he goes by.

The Jester said "It seems that 3 weak adven- I mean somewhat special guards have challenged the mista- I mean the hero's assistant, and absolutely no one could foresee this at all." Although he looks like a regular jester and is good at his job, Andraya always feel uncomfortable when ever he is around and just hated him for no clear reason. Then the jester faces Andraya and gets a bell from one of his pocket and gives it to him.

"As the self-appointed referee of this little game, I see that I should give this to you, as you are very outnumbered and hope this will make it more fair, if that's alright with you all" The jester turns around and looks at the other 3.

The spearman speaks first "Sure, it will make a bit more fun to b-" before the mage elbows him in the side and says, "quite you dumbass at least pretend to be humble."

The leader speaks up "I'm fine with that and so dose Jeff."

The mage who was called jeff said "Wait, I thought we were using fake names and I think that's a dumb idea."

"well unfortunately it's 2 against 1 so here you go."(Jester)

Andraya takes the bell with a confused face, "Thanks... why are you giving me a bell."

while the other 2 are arguing in the background, the leader is flabbergasted, "what have you not heard of the 'toll of the dual'."

while Andeaya is inspecting the bell he replies "I wasn't expecting someone to challenge me in the middle of a party so I didn't do my research."

The leader, satisfied with his excuse, clears his throat and speaks "Over 1,000 ago, one of the hero's that was fighting against one of the demon lord's-"

ring ring ring

When the leader looks to where the sound was coming from he sees Andraya rings the bell

"O sorry just was testing the bell to see if it works, you may continue."(Andraya)

"... As I was saying due to the horrendous actions of the demon lord's general-"(Leader)

ring ring ring

The leader looks and Andraya with an annoyed face

"Sorry sorry, I just wanted to test the ringingness of the bell, not bad"(Andraya)

"... The town was set of fire so the mighty-"

ring ring ring

"Alright that enough you mentally-ill mistake!" And the leader begins to angerly approach Andraya.

"Hey come on, you gotta admit that was funny." As Andraya slowly backs up making sure the bell couldn't be stolen.

"Give me that!" The leader tries to take away from the bell, but he is unsuccessful as Andraya keeps on making sure it's out of reach. "Someone like you shouldn't be disgracing this sacred traditio-"

However before he could finish his sentence, because both of his hands were preoccupied with trying to grab the bell, he was defenseless when Andraya suddenly strikes him with the palm of his other hand, causing his nose to bleed.

"AA-" he reflexively used both of his hands to cover his face and before he could even react to the sudden pain Andraya quickly grab the leaders sword from his side and kicks him in his unprotected stomach. 

Before the leader could even fall down from both of Andeaya's strikes, he made a mad blitz to the spearman and more specifically the wizard, not letting them even have time to breath. The 2 of them were surprised by the sudden shift but the spearman is able to react in time to run towards Andraya and try to attack him.

"Cheap tricks will only get you so far 4-eyes!" As the spearman yell this, he get's his spear ready and thrusts the spear attempting to strike Andraya, but he made the attack too low to the ground. So Andraya lifts his foot of the ground and rise it as high as possible and wait until the tip of the spear is under his foot, the once it is stomping it causing the spear tip to hit the ground.

"There taking me farther then you ever will." And Andraya jumped with the foot that was on the spear and tried to knee him in his face with the other leg. This attack was unfortunately dodged by the spearman but Andraya's main goal wasn't to attack him anyway, it is to get closer to the mage. Upon realizing this the spearman tries to turn his spear to attack Andraya, however when he tried to move it, the spear was not moving at all as if invisible hand were are grasping on the spear preventing him to do anything.

While that was happening, Jeff was preparing and once it is ready he spoke, "Aqua Jet!" And water began to manifest around his fingers. But before he could fire, Andraya throws the sword at Jeff. Didn't expecting him to throw his only weapon, Jeff dodges out of the way, causing his Aqua Jet to miss. Jeff tries to shot out another Aqua Jet but he is too late as Andraya is in striking distance and immediately punches him in the face.

"Ow fuck, I thought he couldn't amplify is hits!"(Jeff)

"I can't well, but I was right that you suck at hardening your mana."(Andraya)

"Shit." Jeff tries to be in a more guarding stance and defend himself from Andraya but as he isn't a frontline fighter, he can only do so much as his assailant keeps striking him. With enough force, the spearman is able to force the spear of the ground with a surprising snap sound that thankfully didn't come from the spear.

He runs to where Andraya is and gathers his mana the the back of spear and yells out "Explosive Thrust!" A small explosion propels the spear and the spearman at an alarming speed, but not so fast the Andraya couldn't react to the explosion and yelling. So steps back causing him to miss, however as he steps back, he sees blooded nose leader running towards him and exclaims, "Ground Bound." The pristine floor of the party begins to brake and morph into some sort of quicksand that tries to trap Andraya's feet. Luckily for him, he jumps and tumble out of the way to a non-quicksand area.

Realizing that tempo of this battle is on there side, all 3 of them began attacking the thing in front of them, The spearman thrusts his spear with precise ferocity, the elf mage quickly got the leaders sword and threw it at him while also pressuring it with countless aquatic attacks, and the leader attack with slow but powerful slashes and kept making the floor uneven and limited to that. Even with evasive monoverse from Andraya, he receives small cuts to his suit and eventually, trips on the uneven floor. Upon seeing him fall, all 3 of them aimed there weapons to Andraya, taking there revenge. while in Mid-air, he retches his hand towards the radiant chandler, as if hoping to grab on to something that will save him from the stampede of attacks that is heading his way, and contrary to almost anyone's expectations, his hand grab on to something, or rather gets pulled.

From his hand, Andraya begins to speedy flies to the sky as if an inviable force grabbed his hand and pulled him, avoiding all 3 attacks and flies on the the top of the chandler. He stands on the chandler for a few seconds then jumps of it and delicately lands on the floor, but now an unknown bag in his hand

"Not gana lie, y'all are a bit more harder then I originally thought, but turns out being outnumbers and out-armored really puts me at a small disadvantage. Almost regretted my choice to fight you all at once, almost." Once he said that, he threw the bag onto the air and all of the contents spilled out revealing, 20 daggers. While the bag slowly fell to the ground, the daggers stayed in the air and float around Andraya, as if dancing to an invisible tune around there master.

"Wha- how is- what is..."(spearman)

"Look with mana in your eyes, he must be really not know or stupid to do that"(Jeff)

Once they do that, they all see purple strings connecting him from his finger to the daggers, and even him to the ceiling and floor. With a small flick of his finger, the dagger connecting the string flew into Andraya's hand and he grabs it as if it was apart of him.

"I know it must have been an easy choice to accept this job, to beat up a nobody that is abusing of the hero's authority and getting your names known by hollow people in this hollow party. But this nobody is not scared to make a choice that might end badly for me, cause it will absolutely end badly for you first." He walks closer to them causing all 3 of them to step back. His eyes glows dimly with a purple hue and color slowly spreads throughout his body, it doesn't completely spread and is not as vivid as it should be, but it still noticeable in the monochrome background around him.

Andraya makes a sinister smirk and tells to his opponents, "Soooooo, I'll give you 2 options to chose from. You can escape from this spider's web you have found yourselves in and save your self physically and mentally, or you take a step and dance with me and we can see how close you can be to death's door before you fall into it's dark, cold abyss. The choice is ultimately yours, chose correctly."

0