CH1: I Spawned In A Fantasy World
196 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

I am Ferdinand Tamadito, but everyone calls me "Fyrrdie", which was my previous username on a repetitive MMORPG I used to play back in my previous life. I was just an ordinary middle-aged salaryman living a dull and predictable life in my previous world. Little did I know that my existence was about to be transformed in the most extraordinary way possible.

 

It was an evening like any other, with the weight of the world on my weary shoulders. Exhausted from the never-ending grind of my monotonous job, I yearned for an escape from the drudgery of my existence. Little did I know that my wish was about to be granted in the most unexpected manner.

 

As I closed my eyes that night, seeking solace in the realm of dreams, I felt an inexplicable pull, as if being yanked away from the familiar and thrust into the unknown. When I opened my eyes again, I was no longer in my mundane world. Instead, I found myself standing amidst a breathtaking world of fantasy and wonder.

 

Gone were the towering office buildings and bustling city streets. Instead, I was surrounded by enchanting landscapes, resplendent with vibrant colors, and bathed in the warm glow of a foreign sun. Castles loomed in the distance, their turrets reaching towards the heavens, as if beckoning me to embark on a new adventure.

 

Confusion and awe overwhelmed me as I realized that I had spawned in a fantastical world beyond the realm of my imagination. I could hardly believe my eyes. It was as if the pages of the countless fantasy novels I had devoured over the years had come to life before me.

 

But as the initial awe subsided, a sense of trepidation took hold. I soon discovered that this new world had its own rules and challenges. It was a place where magic was real, and extraordinary powers were within reach. Yet, I also learned that everyone, myself included, was bound by an affliction known as "Weariness." It was a constant battle against our own limited stamina and energy reserves. How I came to realize that fatigue exists in this world, would be explained by how I got into this magical world.

 

I had always been known as a hard worker, putting in long hours at the office to meet deadlines and push my career forward. Little did I know that one fateful night of overtime would lead to an extraordinary chain of events.

 

So there I was, just doing my thing, working overtime like a typical salaryman. Exhaustion had become my constant companion, and that night was no exception. I must have dozed off on my desk because the next thing I knew, I woke up in an old castle.

 

Now, picture this: dark, abandoned halls and a weird silence hanging in the air. I had no clue how I ended up there, but hey, life is full of surprises, right?

 

As I cautiously wandered around, I noticed something floating in front of me. It was like a holographic bar or something, displaying all these numbers and symbols. I was amazed, as it had my name on it. This was familiar to me, as I had played countless MMORPGs.

 

[Ferdinand Tamadito]

[Human]

<Mage-Class X>

Level 1

[XP:0/316]

 

[Status]

<HP:42/42>

<Stamina:52/52>

<Mana:850/850>

<Satiation:104/104>

 

Weariness: 0%

The individual is full of energy, highly resilient, and capable of enduring extended periods of physical and mental exertion. No applicable debuffs are acquired.

Uninjured

Regeneration rate at normal level [100%]

 

[Attributes]

Strength: 10

Dexterity: 10

Agility: 10

Intelligence: 10 [1,000]

Constitution: 10

Charisma: 10

 

[Buffs]

<Traveller's Blessing>

[Grants immunity against all damage]

<Magician's Blood>

[You hail from a lineage of renowned magicians.]

[Intelligence multiplier +100%]

<Arcane Insight>

[Attains a heightened state of awareness, granting the ability to perceive and comprehend one's own stats with extraordinary clarity.]

 

Apparently, I am a level 1 Mage with an absurd amount of mana. Who knew I had magic in me?

So, curiosity got the better of me, and I started poking around the floating bar. It showed a bunch of skills I could try out. Being a Mage and all, I thought, why not give it a shot? I explored the skills bar and it showed an extension of available skills.

 

[Fire Magic]

Harness the destructive power of fire. Unleash devastating flames to burn your enemies and engulf your surroundings. Master the art of controlling heat and incinerate everything in your path.

[Water Magic]

Become one with the element of water. Manipulate its fluidity and adaptability to heal wounds, create powerful tidal waves, or freeze enemies in their tracks. Harness the flow and tranquility of water to your advantage.

[Earth Magic]

Embrace the strength and solidity of the earth. Shape the terrain, summon mighty boulders, and create impenetrable barriers. Unleash the force of the earth to crush your foes and protect your allies.

[Wind Magic]

Harness the power of the wind and become one with the air currents. Manipulate gusts to unleash slicing winds or create powerful cyclones. Use speed and agility to outmaneuver your enemies and control the battlefield.

 

There were four magic elements on my skill screen. Feeling bored, I chose [Fire Magic] and cast a simple [Fire] spell like a boss. Flames burst out of my hand, and I felt like a total badass.

 

But here's the thing: Using that magic stuff took a toll on me. I felt drained, like someone sucked out all my energy. Casting a simple fire magic spell consumed about 150 Mana points.

 

Not one to back down, I decided to try another spell. This time, I went for [Water Magic]. I recited the incantation for [Water], and a ball of water started flowing out from thin air. It was pretty cool, I won't lie. But just when I was getting into it, fatigue hit me like a ton of bricks. I couldn't keep my eyes open, and before I knew it, I passed out.

 

3