CH4: The Art of Healing
31 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the intense battle with the mimic, I found a relatively safe corner in the cave to rest and recover my strength. The weariness weighed heavily on me, and I realized that I needed to be more cautious and strategic in my approach to avoid unnecessary risks.


[Ferdinand Tamadito]

[Human]

<Mage-Class X>

Level 2

[XP:0/632]

[Status]

<HP:30/42>

<Stamina:21/52>

<Mana:215/850>

<Satiation:94/104>

Weariness: 65.65%

High weariness. Fatigue is evident, and the individual may struggle to sustain prolonged activity. Adequate rest and recovery are essential to prevent exhaustion and burnout.

Injured

Wounded. Regeneration rate [75%]

[Attributes]

[You have 5 free attribute points]

Strength: 10

Dexterity: 10

Agility: 10

Intelligence: 10 [1,000]

Constitution: 10

Charisma: 10

[Buffs]

<Magician's Blood>

[You hail from a lineage of renowned magicians.]

[Intelligence multiplier +100%]

<Arcane Insight>

[Attains a heightened state of awareness, granting the ability to perceive and comprehend one's own stats with extraordinary clarity.]

[You have unspent skill points]

 

Sitting down against the cold, stone wall, I examined my surroundings. The mimic had left behind a pile of loot, scattered around its former hiding spot. The gleam of treasure caught my eye, and my curiosity piqued. However, I reminded myself that rushing into things without proper preparation could lead to dire consequences.

 

With that in mind, I turned my attention to the skill points I had gained from leveling up. Assessing my current situation, I decided to allocate all of my available points to my Constitution attribute, seeing as how it pretty much dictates everything when it comes to survivability.

 

[Attributes]

Strength: 10

Your physical power and raw might. Crush obstacles and overpower foes with your incredible strength. Affects Satiation and Base Damage.

Dexterity: 10

Your nimbleness and precision in movement. Swiftly dodge attacks and perform intricate maneuvers with ease. Affects dodge rate and the usage of weapons.

Agility: 10

Your exceptional speed and reflexes. Navigate treacherous terrain swiftly and evade danger with lightning-fast reactions. Affects Movement Speed and the rate of Stamina exhaustion.

Intelligence: 10 [1,000]

Your vast knowledge and intellectual prowess. Solve complex problems and unravel mysteries with your genius-level intellect. Affects learning rate and amplifies the effect of magic-based abilities.

Constitution: 15

Your endurance and resilience. Withstand physical and mental challenges, shrug off injuries, and recover quickly. Affects the overall limit of Health Points, Stamina, Mana, Satiation, Weariness, and Regeneration Rate.

Charisma: 10

Your charm and magnetism. Persuade others effortlessly, influence their opinions, and leave a lasting impression with your captivating personality. Affects the overall cohesion of a party and communication skills.

 

As the weariness gradually subsided and my mana and stamina slowly replenished, I recalled how pure offensive spells were draining, and I realized that I needed to diversify my skills to conserve energy for prolonged battles. Healing magic became my priority, not only to mend my wounds but also to sustain myself in the face of future challenges. I opened my Magic tab and studied the elements, carefully weighing on their nature.

 

[Fire Magic]

Harness the destructive power of fire. Unleash devastating flames to burn your enemies and engulf your surroundings. Master the art of controlling heat and incinerate everything in your path.

[Water Magic]

Become one with the element of water. Manipulate its fluidity and adaptability to heal wounds, create powerful tidal waves, or freeze enemies in their tracks. Harness the flow and tranquility of water to your advantage.

[Earth Magic]

Embrace the strength and solidity of the earth. Shape the terrain, summon mighty boulders, and create impenetrable barriers. Unleash the force of the earth to crush your foes and protect your allies.

[Wind Magic]

Harness the power of the wind and become one with the air currents. Manipulate gusts to unleash slicing winds or create powerful cyclones. Use speed and agility to outmaneuver your enemies and control the battlefield.

 

After focusing my attention on the skill tree, I noticed the evident healing properties of [Water Magic]. Theoretically, all the other magic types would be able to heal me as well, but with varying results and effects. I'm not pretty sure about it, seeing how different this world's magic logic is. I expanded the [Water Magic]'s tab and found out a set of spells which had different purposes and processes.

 

[Water Magic]

<Aqua Bolt>

Level 1

Hurl a bolt of condensed water at your target, dealing moderate damage.

Damage: 30-40

Mana Cost: 20

Casting Time: 1 second

Duration: Dissipates after 5 seconds.

Cooldown: 10 seconds

 

<Healing Stream>

Level 1

Channel a stream of healing water energy, restoring a small amount of health over time to yourself or a targeted ally.

Healing: 2.5 health per second

Mana Cost: 25

Casting Time: 6 seconds

Duration: 12 seconds

Cooldown: 30 seconds

 

<Aqua Lance>

Form a sharp lance of water and hurl it at your target, inflicting piercing damage.

Damage: 40-60

Mana Cost: 60

Casting Time: 3 seconds

Duration: Dissipates after 10 seconds.

Cooldown: 15 seconds

 

<Drenching Spray>

Level 1

Unleash a wide spray of water droplets, damaging all enemies in a cone in front of you.

Damage: 25-35

Mana Cost: 20

Casting Time: 5 seconds

Duration: Instant

Cooldown: 12 seconds

 

<Submerge>

Level 1

Engulf your target in a swirling vortex of water, dealing damage over time and slowing their movement speed.

Damage over Time: 1.5 damage per second

Movement Speed Reduction: 30%

Mana Cost: 30

Casting Time: 10 seconds

Duration: 7 seconds

Cooldown: 20 seconds

 

[You have unspent skill points]

[Skill points available: 1]

 

Examining the different spells of [Water Magic], I pondered which ones would be most beneficial for my current situation. Considering the need for healing and sustainability, I decided to focus on mastering the [Healing Stream] spell.

 

<Healing Stream>

Level 1

Channel a stream of healing water energy, restoring a small amount of health over time to yourself or a targeted ally.

Healing: 2.5 health per second

Mana Cost: 25

Casting Time: 6 seconds

Duration: 12 seconds

Cooldown: 30 seconds

 

Channeling the mana within me, I visualized the gentle flow of a stream, its soothing properties intertwining with my intentions. As I cast the spell, a shimmering stream of water energy enveloped my hand, emanating a serene glow. The healing properties of the spell surged forth, ready to mend wounds and restore vitality.

 

[Ferdinand Tamadito]

[Human]

<Mage-Class X>

Level 2

[XP:0/632]

[Status]

<HP:46/63>

<Stamina:42/77>

<Mana:195/875>

<Satiation:92/154>

Weariness: 67.92%

High weariness. Fatigue is evident, and the individual may struggle to sustain prolonged activity. Adequate rest and recovery are essential to prevent exhaustion and burnout.

Injured

Wounded. Regeneration rate [75%]

[Attributes]

Strength: 10

Dexterity: 10

Agility: 10

Intelligence: 10 [1,000]

Constitution: 15

Charisma: 10

[Buffs]

<Magician's Blood>

[You hail from a lineage of renowned magicians.]

[Intelligence multiplier +100%]

<Arcane Insight>

[Attains a heightened state of awareness, granting the ability to perceive and comprehend one's own stats with extraordinary clarity.]

 

With my newfound skill in healing magic, I turned my attention back to the battle-scarred mimic that lay before me. It was now just a lifeless husk, but its presence continued to remind me of the danger lurking in this forsaken castle.

 

A notification bar appeared, taking my attention away from the mimic. Unlike the other holographic bars that I've opened, this one was rather different.

 

[Magic Eye] has leveled up!

 

As I read the notification, a surge of anticipation coursed through me. The leveling up of [Magic Eye] meant that its capabilities were evolving, promising new possibilities and insights. I eagerly accessed the upgraded interface to see what enhancements awaited.

 

[Magic Eye]

Level 2

<Abilities>

<<Third-Person View>>

Gain a wider perspective of your surroundings by switching to a third-person view. This enables you to detect hidden objects, traps, and enemies more easily.

<<Insightful Gaze>>

Allows you to observe and assess the basic information and capabilities of creatures, objects, and spells within your line of sight. You now have the ability to inspect objects for their information.

 

Looking back at the mimic, curiosity gnawed at me, and I couldn't resist the temptation to inspect the mimic's remains. Kneeling down, I activated my [Magic Eye], focusing on the creature's corpse. Although the [Magic Eye] couldn't assess detailed stats of other creatures, it allowed me to see some basic information about their capabilities and weaknesses.

 

[Inspecting]

<Mimic>

Level: 5

HP: 0/80

Stamina: 5/20

Mana: 2/2

Weaknesses: Fire, Light, Blunt Attacks

Resistances: Piercing, Poison

 

As I reviewed the mimic's information, I realized that my initial assessment of the creature's strength had been accurate. It was a formidable opponent for someone of my current level, but I had managed to overcome it through careful planning and quick thinking.

 

Knowing that mimics were notorious for guarding valuable treasures, I cautiously approached the mimic's remains, ready to claim the spoils it had been protecting. Rummaging through its grotesque form, I discovered a small pouch hidden beneath its maw.

 

Carefully opening the pouch, I found a handful of shimmering gems and a worn parchment with intricate markings. The gems radiated a faint magical aura, indicating their potential value, while the parchment appeared to be a map of the castle. It detailed various rooms, corridors, and possible hidden chambers within this vast structure.

 

Realizing the significance of my find, I stored the gems and the map securely in my inventory. They would undoubtedly prove valuable in navigating this labyrinthine castle and unraveling its secrets. I also realized that my inventory wasn't like those in videogames where I could just stash items out of thin air, and I had to use whatever pockets that my equipment had, leaving some of the items as I could no longer fit them inside the tiny pockets.

 

With the mimic's remains looted and its presence behind me, I took a moment to assess my own condition. The weariness lingered, but I felt a renewed sense of purpose and determination. My health, stamina, and mana had recovered partially, allowing me to continue my exploration with caution.

 

[Ferdinand Tamadito]

[Human]

<Mage-Class X>

Level 2

[XP:0/632]

[Status]

<HP:59/63>

<Stamina:75/77>

<Mana:400/875>

<Satiation:90/154>

Weariness: 46.62%

The person experiences some fatigue but can still handle regular activities without significant strain. Rest and recovery may be required after intense efforts.

Injured

Wounded. Regeneration rate [75%]

[Attributes]

Strength: 10

Dexterity: 10

Agility: 10

Intelligence: 10 [1,000]

Constitution: 15

Charisma: 10

[Buffs]

<Magician's Blood>

[You hail from a lineage of renowned magicians.]

[Intelligence multiplier +100%]

<Arcane Insight>

[Attains a heightened state of awareness, granting the ability to perceive and comprehend one's own stats with extraordinary clarity.]

 

As I ventured deeper into the castle's depths, the air grew heavier, and the surroundings became more foreboding. The sound of distant echoes and eerie whispers filled the corridors, heightening my senses and putting me on edge. I'm quite used to the dark during graveyard shifts in my office, but this world is way different from that menial life I used to have.

 

However, I remained steadfast, drawing upon my magic and newfound healing abilities to sustain myself. The healing stream spell proved invaluable, mending my wounds and alleviating the weariness that threatened to impede my progress.

 

Navigating through the darkened hallways, I encountered another hostile creature. It was a menacing creature with glowing red eyes and razor-sharp claws—a Shadow Stalker, according to my [Magic Eye]. I have no idea what this creature can do.

 

Instinctively, I activated my [Magic Eye] to gather information about this new foe.

 

[Inspecting]

<Shadow Stalker>

Level 7

HP: 100/100

Stamina: 80/80

Mana: 30/30

Weaknesses: Light, Fire, Water

Resistances: None

 

With the knowledge of its weaknesses in mind, I prepared myself for the encounter. Conjuring a protective barrier around me with a basic [Earth Magic] spell, I fortified my defenses and readied a spell in my other hand. Due to not using a specific spell and instead casting a generalized magic spell, I've realized that basic magic spells costs a lot due to its fluidity and uncontrolled variation.

 

The shadow stalker lunged at me with blinding speed, its claws slashing through the air. Reacting swiftly, I sidestepped its attack, narrowly avoiding its lethal strike. In that moment, I unleashed a focused blast of fire with [Fire Magic], capitalizing on its vulnerability to fire. Again, because I casted a basic magic spell, I've felt a tremendous pull on my mana reserves.

 

The flames engulfed the shadow stalker, scorching its dark form and momentarily disorienting it. Sensing an opportunity, I channeled [Healing Stream] towards myself, mending my minor wounds while remaining vigilant to the creature's next move.

 

The shadow stalker, slightly undeterred by the flames, lunged at me once more. This time, however, I was prepared. Using my agility and dexterity, I evaded its attack and retaliated with an elemental assault. While healing myself, I remembered having been burned by steam from a boiling kettle once, and it was strange as of why I thought of that during this moment. Surprised by another attack from the shadow stalker, I accidentally combined [Healing Stream] with a basic [Fire Magic] spell, managing to release blasts of water and fire combined, which created a scorching steam that enveloped the creature, causing it to stagger and recoil in pain.

 

Seizing the moment, I unleashed a final burst of magical energy, exploiting its weakness to light. A radiant beam of light erupted from my outstretched hand, by using a milder spell of [Fire Magic], piercing through the creature's shadowy form. The shadow stalker let out a chilling shriek, dissolving into nothingness, leaving behind a faint glimmer of experience points.

 

[+LEVELED UP!]

[You have unspent skill points]

As the battle subsided, I took a moment to catch my breath and assess the situation.

 

[Ferdinand Tamadito]

[Human]

<Mage-Class X>

Level 3

[XP:0/948]

[Status]

<HP:47/63>

<Stamina:29/77>

<Mana:230/875>

<Satiation:88/154>

Weariness: 66.30%

High weariness. Fatigue is evident, and the individual may struggle to sustain prolonged activity. Adequate rest and recovery are essential to prevent exhaustion and burnout.

Injured

Wounded. Regeneration rate [75%]

[Attributes]

[You have 5 free attribute points]

Strength: 10

Dexterity: 10

Agility: 10

Intelligence: 10 [1,000]

Constitution: 15

Charisma: 10

[Buffs]

<Magician's Blood>

[You hail from a lineage of renowned magicians.]

[Intelligence multiplier +100%]

<Arcane Insight>

[Attains a heightened state of awareness, granting the ability to perceive and comprehend one's own stats with extraordinary clarity.]

[You have unspent skill points]

 

As I surveyed the aftermath of the battle, I realized that the encounters in this castle were growing more dangerous. My survival would depend on my ability to adapt, strategize, and utilize my magic wisely.

 

Gazing down the dimly lit corridor ahead, I steeled my resolve. There were more secrets to uncover, challenges to overcome, and answers to find. With my healing abilities, newfound loot, and growing understanding of this enigmatic world, I pressed forward, ready to face whatever lay ahead in this mysterious castle of wonders and peril. Things are just starting to get promising, and I sure do acknowledge that it's a lot better than my life ever was.

 

3