Chapter 18: Unknown Area
14 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once Luke woke up, he was shocked by his surroundings. All around him was the abyss. One second he was lunging toward the cop and hearing a loud bang, and the next second he was here in the abyss. Luke stood up, and immediately his head started to pound. Luke fell right back down to the ground and started to squirm around from the pain. After 10 minutes, the pain went away, and Luke started to remember all that had happened to him and even had a few extra memories. Looking through the memories, Luke couldn't believe what he did, but strangely enough, he didn't feel anything from the slaughter he committed. Before Luke killed the officer, he had done it out of necessity to survive and escape, so he didn't feel guilty, but the whole town was different. Even though Luke was upset about the destruction of the town and his involvement in it, strangely, it didn't affect him as much as he thought it would. Luke wanted to check the new memories he had gained from whatever that other persona in him was, but before that, Luke wanted to find a somewhat secure place. Following Luke's decision on the direction, he set off west. Unknown to Luke, the direction he was currently walking towards was the Abyssal Forest, shrouded in perpetual darkness, which stands as a sinister testament to the unfathomable depths of the abyss. Born in an era lost to memory, it exists as the apex of forbidden realms, harboring untold horrors and ancient mysteries within its shadowed confines. Within the tangled undergrowth of the Abyssal Forest dwell creatures of nightmares, twisted manifestations of darkness and chaos. Among them are the Shadow Slaves, beings corrupted by the abyssal powers, their wills consumed by darkness as they serve as pawns in its insidious designs upon the material plane. Amid the eerie silence of the forest, the Abyssal Watchers roam, vigilant sentinels of the forest's malevolent masters. Bound by ancient oaths, they scour the darkness ceaselessly, their piercing gaze alert for any intruders who dare to trespass upon the forbidden sanctum of the abyss. And looming over it all are the enigmatic Masters of the Forest, beings of incomprehensible power who wield dominion over its twisted realms. Their motives and origins remain veiled in shadow, whispered only in hushed tones by those who dare to speak of them. In the Abyssal Forest, night reigns eternal, for the concept of day holds no sway within its darkened heart. It is a realm of perpetual twilight, where time itself seems to lose its meaning amid the oppressive gloom. For those who venture into its depths, the Abyssal Forest offers no sanctuary, no respite from the horrors that dwell within. It is a place of endless peril and untold danger, where each step may lead to doom and each shadow may conceal a fate worse than death. Yet, despite the unknown perils that lie in wait, whispers of forbidden knowledge draw daring souls to its borders, lured by the promise of secrets that may never be unveiled and mysteries that may never be solved. And with each trespass into its depths, the Abyssal Forest claims more lives, its dark allure exacting a toll that few are willing to pay.

 

Back with Luke, who was clueless about what he was walking into and the consequences that would come to follow. Tracking his way toward the forest, Luke found an empty cave that he could rest in and meditate on to recuperate. While meditating, Luke discovered that he had full control over his mindscape from something that increased the strength of his soul and could now construct a mind palace using the mind palace from Sherlock Holmes he had once read as inspiration, but Luke's mind palace was a level better with it having a book on everything he has and will learn due to Luke linking it with the core. Once Luke linked the core to his mental palace, it shook, but it stopped shortly after it started. Luke checked the condition and learned that it wasn't broken, but instead, the core reinforced the mind palace, with the core floating in the middle now. Luke could only assume that his newfound control over the core was due to his spiritual control and strength growing due to the other persona taking control. Once the construction of Luke's mind palace was complete, he started to view his new memories he had gained. Luke was in a trance, learning from the memories that carried the will of the ancients, teaching Luke all about magic languages. Magic languages serve as the fundamental building blocks of the mystical fabric that binds the world together. They are the ancient and arcane tongues through which spells are woven, enchantments are cast, and realities are shaped. However, when magic operates independently from the natural energy currents of the world, it necessitates a conduit through which power can flow—the spellcaster. In such instances, the spellcaster becomes the focal point, channeling their own energies to fuel the spells they cast. This requires a deep understanding of the intricacies of magic and the ability to manipulate its forces with precision and finesse. Magic languages are incredibly versatile in their ability to accept a wide array of energy forms. Whether it be the raw elemental forces of fire, water, earth, and air, or more esoteric energies such as light, darkness, or even the emotions and thoughts of sentient beings, magic languages can harness and shape these energies into potent spells. However, the source of energy used can greatly influence the outcome of the spell. For example, a fire spell fueled by the anger and rage of the caster might manifest with greater intensity and destructive power, while the same spell powered by the peaceful serenity of a tranquil forest might take on a more tempered and controlled form. Similarly, different magic languages may have varying affinities for certain types of energy, leading to unique spell effects and manifestations. Some languages may excel at manipulating the elements, while others may specialize in mental or emotional manipulation. In rare cases, certain types of energy may be incompatible with a particular magic language, leading to unpredictable and potentially dangerous results. For instance, attempting to cast a spell of healing using necromantic energy could have unintended consequences, corrupting the intended healing effect and causing harm instead. Ultimately, the study and mastery of magic languages require not only a deep understanding of their syntax and grammar but also an intimate knowledge of the energies they harness and the consequences of their use. It is a profound and often perilous journey, but one that offers unparalleled opportunities for exploration, discovery, and mastery of the arcane arts.

 

 

Luke felt overwhelmed, making his head throb, by this massive amount of information entering his mind at once. Luke decided that from now on he would only view small tab bits of the last remaining memory from the other persona once he gained the proper spiritual strength. Before he sent out, Luke wanted to organize the new information on magic languages in his mind palace. Setting aside a section of the mind palace library for knowledge on magic languages, Luke started to read the information gained so he could properly understand it. Luke had been meditating for three days when he started to get bored just sitting around, so he started to keep heading west. Once Luke had walked for another 2 hours, he had walked 5 miles and started to see a forest in the distance. Luke started to rub his eyes, thinking he was seeing things, but once he saw the forest didn't disappear, Luke took off in a sprint towards the forest, hoping to find some sort of food growing there. Luke had only taken a single step into the forest, but instantly a cold chill went down his spine, with his very soul screaming for him to escape. It was already too late when Luke started to turn back; an abyssal watcher had found him, calling all the surrounding shadow slaves to capture Luke and turn Luke into a shadow slave. The surrounding shadowing started to rise, forming into figures clocked in the darkest cloak, with only a single glowing orb where their faces should be. The shadow slaves all started to reach out and grab Luke, holding him still and forcing him to become a shadow slave. As a last struggle, Luke turned into his half-abyssal form and forced out all his energy without controlling it, causing the surrounding area to be destroyed. Unbelievable to Luke the next second, the surrounding area had reformed instantly, and an unimaginable, incomprehensible being had formed in front of Luke, speaking directly into his mind, "Interesting, I've never seen a living half-abyssal being; I've only heard about them from legends!" The next second, Luke's vision started to fade black while he watched the being slowly move towards him.

Do you Think the Master of The forest are Friendly or Cruel/Evil
  • Friendly Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Cruel/Evil Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1
1