Chapter 19: Stuck in a Jail Cell
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everything around was pitch black, leaving Luke feeling around, trying not to run into anything after waking up. Luke decided that the best course of action was to use this time to try and sense abyssal energy with the method he found in the core "AꚶɌĬtዛᙏiᕔᙁ ĬnꕷĬgዛt." Luke had no clue what the name truly meant, but the core had transmitted the principles of the technique directly into his brain. Over the next hour, Luke used AꚶɌĬtዛᙏiᕔᙁ ĬnꕷĬgዛ to sense the magic energies flowing around him. Luke wasn't successful on his first attempt and even suffered a backlash, injuring his insides with blood coming up out of his mouth. Luke knew his situation was dire after injuring himself, but he also knew that the only way out of this was to gain any sort of power he could through mediation. On Luke's second attempt, he had a little more experience, so he was able to slightly feel the magical energies around him, with the abyssal energy being the strongest, but to be successful, Luke had to truly connect to and sense the energies. Even after two attempts and slightly feeling the magical energies the second time around, Luke still had no clue what it meant to truly connect to and sense the magical energies. Over the next three days, Luke attempted to connect with and sense the magical energies around him but was unsuccessful, and all the while, no one had come down to check on him, not even to give him food. During his meditation, Luke's stomach started to growl. Luke had never gone this long without eating and was starting to feel weakened. Another five days had gone by, and Luke still had no luck with his meditation. Luke was slowly losing strength and didn't think he would last much longer.

 

On day ten of being in the cell, Luke thought it was all over and lost hope. Placing all his hopes on one final attempt at sensing the magical energies, Luke sat down and focused on the energies around him. There were a few different kinds of energies that flowed through the forest. Not knowing what the energies and their properties were didn't help Luke at all. This whole time, Luke has had to use his instincts to determine what each energy was based on the feeling. The only thing Luke had gained this whole time was the ability to see the magical energies flow around him, but he still couldn't fully connect to and sense them. The few magical energies flowing around, Luke had classified them to his best knowledge in hopes he would be enlightened on his problem.

 

The dark purple, otherworldly, and eerie energy was the most abundant around Luke. This energy instinctively drew Luke into it, but from the technique, Luke learned he knew that the true mage path to strength wasn't only one energy but to utilize them all. Even though the energy drew Luke in, Luke was able to see a heavy death aura associated with this energy. Luke was undecided about this magical energy; he needed to look into it more if he survived.

 

The second most concentrated magical energy in the forest was an all-black, smokey-like magical energy. For some reason, Luke felt like he had interacted with this energy before. When one of the roots breaking through the prison died, Luke noticed that this started to produce black, smoky magical energy, so he started to call it death energy.

 

Strangely, the last energy Luke came across in this forest gave off a yellow glow, almost holy-like. This energy was the weakest and smallest in amount in the forest Luke was in. During meditation, Luke had been interrupted by a mouse, but he noticed that the mouse was breathing out this energy. After catching a few mice, Luke determined that this energy was some sort of life energy that all beings gave off.

 

After Luke had documented the different magical energies present, another three days had passed. Luke was on the brink of collapsing from starvation and dehydration. Amid Luke standing at the end of death, he entered a sudden enlightenment. This was a once-in-a-lifetime chance; most people never experience enlightenment in their whole lives. Out of nowhere, Luke turned into a black hole, sucking in all the magical energy around him without discrimination. Once life energy was absorbed into his body, Luke's body started to heal. The core activated and started to take all the abyssal energy to repair itself, leaving only just enough for Luke to complete his awakening. The remaining abyssal energy started to rush towards Luke's heart. The energy slammed into the heart causing Luke's chest to start heating up. In a matter of seconds, Luke's chest started to burn him up. The pain was unimaginable, with the magical energies reconstructing Luke's heart over and over until it was fully changed. Luke started to frown from the pain and almost gave up there, but he knew that if he let this chance go, there would never be another. The pain lasted for what felt like hours to Luke, but once the pain started to die down, Luke noticed that the core seated in the center of his mind palace started to form a connection to his heart all on its own. Luke wanted to go to the core to see what had changed, but he was interrupted by that monster, who appeared and told him, "Wow, impressive! You caused quite a ruckus when you absorbed all the surrounding magical energies. I would like to chat with and study you, but right now I have a few more important matters to take care of. Just stay in the cell, oh wait, you can't leave hahahahaha."

 Before Luke could ask any questions or even process what was happening, the being disappeared just as fast as it had appeared. Getting up off the ground, Luke had never felt stronger. One single look at his arms made Luke shocked; they weren't skin and bones anymore; they finally had some muscle on them. Once Luke came back from his shock, he planned his next steps. Luke thought of how helpless he was in front of that being and knew that the best option was to try to learn offensive spells first, followed by utility, then defensive. Luke would have chosen defensive second but decided not to due to assuming that the being had enough power to break any shield he could make. Before any of this could happen, knowledge was key, so Luke sat back down in a meditation position and accessed his mind palace. Once in the mind palace, Luke felt a deeper connection to it than ever. Making his way toward the center, Luke noticed all the shelves of books were already organized by section. Luke made it to the core and reached out to touch it, and once he touched it, he understood what had happened. The core had fused with the mind palace, giving it a semi-intelligent AI to run the mind palace, growing in intelligence and giving more features once the core is repaired." Welcome, master; the core is currently at 5%. Please supply more energy to repair the core.

Available features

  • Library: Forms a library using accessible knowledge in the sea of knowledge and organizes it into sections.
  • Arcane Heart: Forms a connection to users Acrane Heart to become a devouring acarne heart.
  • Core Feature: Seven Sins
    1. Pride: Error
    2. Greed: Greedly ingest all in the dimensional stomach, turning it into one's own property or power.
    3. Gluttony: Devours targets everything and store it in a dimensional stomach.
    4. Sloth: Error
    5. Lust: Error
    6. Envy: Error
    7. Wraith: Error

Luke stared in awe at his newfound knowledge and couldn't wait a second longer to drive into it. The first section Luke checked out was the basics section because, besides knowing what a magical language is and what a spell is, Luke had no clue about anything else. Picking up a random book in the basics section, Luke read the title, "Introductions to Magical Energies." And he started to read it.

0