Chapter 11: No Going Back
22 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luke's parents walked into his room while Luke was getting dressed and packed to go train. Clyde had a serious but mad expression on his face, while Gwen had a worried expression on her face. Clyde yelled while telling Luke, "If you don't go to school today, then don't even think about coming back tonight!" After Clyde said that, Gwen chimed in and exclaimed, "This isn't what you told me. You said we would slowly talk to him about this." In response to this, Luke told his parents, "I guess this will be the last time you see me home then. I don't need school; it won't help me with my future plans." Luke then got up with what he needed and walked out of his room and the house. Luke's parents tried to stop him, but Luke ignored everything that they said.

After Luke walked out of his home for the last time, he started to go towards his hidden mage lair with his starter supplies he had gathered. While Luke was on his way to his mage lair, Luke made sure to be extra vigilant in case anyone was following him. Luke took a whole bunch of unnecessary twists and turns on his way to throw anyone off his track, even if it was unlikely anyone was following him. Luke ran into his friends walking to school while he was going in the opposite direction of the school. Luke's friends asked him, "Where are you going? Isn't school the other way?" Luke also ignored his friends and kept walking past them, but they followed him and wouldn't leave him alone. Luke was fed up by his old friends annoying him, so he said, "Go away. This will be the last time you see me." Luke's friends were noticeably shocked by what Luke said. They all asked in order, "What do you mean?" "Is everything okay?" "What's wrong? This isn't like you." Even after all his ex-friends asked him those questions, Luke still ignored them and kept going. Eventually, one of Luke's friends who had enough of him ignoring him ran up to him, grabbed his shoulder, and said, "Luke, come on, just answer us." In response to this, Luke turned around, but right before he did, he switched to his half-abyss form, knowing humans can't withstand seeing it. Luke turned around, scaring all his friends to the point of collapse, and then turned around to keep going to his lair.

It took Luke twenty minutes to make it to the ravine, and this time he wanted to go down to find an open area to settle down in. Luke looked around to find a way down but couldn't find one. Luke thought for a few minutes, trying to figure out how to get down. A few ideas went through Luke's head, but he settled on using a rope to go down with. Luke decided that he was going to go to the nearest store and steal the rope. Luke started to walk back into town with his bag.

Meanwhile, back where Luke scared his friends, causing them to collapse, someone called the police and an ambulance for them. While waiting for the help they called to arrive, the people who called for help waited with the friends to make sure they were okay. After waiting ten minutes, the police and ambulance arrived, taking the patients away. The police questioned the people who called them, "Excuse me, miss, can we ask you a few questions?" The caller said, "Yes, you can, but can you make it quick? I have to get to work." The police went ahead and started asking their questions, "What were you doing when you saw the boys outside?" The lady answered, "I was getting ready for work." The next question was asked, "Were there any suspicious people around?" The lady rescinded, "No officer; I didn't see anyone." The officer nodded and wrote all this down. The officer said, "Thank you for your time; you may go now." The lady walked to her car and went off. The officer went over to his supervisor and told him what he learned: "She didn't have any information of use." His supervisor told him, "Go see the boys in the hospital and question them when they wake up." The officer saluted his supervisor, went to his squad car, and drove off to the hospital.

When the officer arrived, he went to the front desk and asked the lady, "Excuse me, can you tell me where the three boys who came in passed out are? I'm a police officer, and I have to ask them some questions." When he said that, the officer showed his ID, Detective Smith, to which the nurse responded, "Of course, Detective Smith just give me a moment to find their rooms." Detective Smith waited for the nurse to find the kids' rooms, and it didn't take long, "Detective Smith said. " I found out which room they were in. They are in room 4 on the fifth floor, but they haven't woken up yet." Detector Smith went to the elevator to go to floor five. After Detective Smith got to the fifth floor, he found the fourth room and waited outside for the kids to wake up.
Going back to Luke, he was currently going into a hardware store to find a rope and flashlight he could steal. Luke started to look around for the best rope he could find and for a flashlight that would last for a while. After looking around for five minutes, Luke settled on a 50-yard rope, one of the most expensive ones. After grapping the rope, Luke went to the flashlight he wanted. The flashlight Luke grabbed was one advertised for caving. After grabbing the flashlight, Luke ran out of the store, right past the clerk. After running out of the store, Luke made sure that the clerk wasn't running after him. After Luke was sure he was safe, he ran back to the ravine to start exploring. Luke started the twenty-minute walk back to the ravine. Once Luke made it to the ravine, he tied the rope onto a sturdy tree, then around himself, and started to descend down the ravine…

2