HUMBLING THE HULK
209 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

SORRY FOR THE WRONG CHAPTER:YOU PEOPE SHOULD TELL ME WHEN THIS HAPPENS..NOW YOU HAVE YOURSELF TO BLAME FOR THE SPOILER...THIS IS CHAPTER 15

****

It was Natasha. 

She was quickly joined by the doctor.

"Oh oh!.. Looks like we have already stirred the hive, dear," Lucifer smirked as he pulled Gamora towards the open door.

"I knew something was off with this dude, but none of you would listen to me," Doctor Banner yelled to Natasha as he shook his fist towards Lucifer's direction.

"Careful, Doctor, we are quite high, you know, and I highly doubt the floor will hold you once you transform into that... thing," glancing aside, he winked to Natasha. 

"Hello, darling."

The Black Widow wasn't smiling, though, and the menacing pistol in her hand was a contrast against Lucifer's lighthearted jokes. 

A shot rang out, and Lucifer clasped his thighs in momentary pain.

"Call me darling again," she hissed, with the pistol now trained on his head.

Recoiling from the momentary stupor, Lucifer cursed,

"fuck... it's a good thing you aren't the detective, but you should know, love, that your pesky bullets cannot stop me."

"Maybe not you," Natasha snarled," but she takes another step, and I swear I will put a hole through her brains."

Her gun was now trained on Gamora.

 An angry growl from her colleague made her look sideways for a second, and Lucifer took that opportunity to step in front of Gamora.

He wondered why the rest of the team was not here yet, but judging from Natasha's behaviors, she was probably trying to buy them time, which could only mean they were not in the immediate vicinity.

That was a good thing for Lucifer. He was aware that it would only take a short while for all of them to assemble, by which time he did not plan to be here. 

Although he could still take on the entire group, his plan had not involved violence, at least not this early into things. Still, they had to move; the doctor was now transforming into the big, angry green guy. Lucifer had witnessed this a couple of times, and despite their differences, he still desired a selfie with that dude.

I mean, who would believe it if he just told them that he had taken a picture with the Hulk? 

The looks on Natasha's face, however, were ones of worry; it was obvious that she, too, feared the guy in his angry state. 

Lucifer did not wait to see more; Hulk's transformation was almost complete. 

He slowly guided Gamora towards the edge of the hallway; he was aware that there was a balcony at the far end.

"Stop," Natasha's voice rang out as she struggled to keep her eyes on both Lucifer and the now fully transformed Hulk, who was now roaring and stomping madly, making the floor tremble dangerously. 

Lucifer kept backing; his body now fully shielding Gamora from the weapon that was still in Natasha's hands.

"I swear...I will shoot..." Natasha began.

"Oh, I believe you, darling... I would say save your bullet, but I think 'watch out' would be more helpful," Lucifer smiled, nodding towards her rear. 

The Black Widow, however, had no time to react before Hulk's massive fist swept her out of the way, sending her flying into the cell where Gamora had been locked.

Lucifer, too, had no time to prepare.

Hulk had not stopped to look at his handy work. 

Taking a huge leap, he instantly closed the gap between him and Lucifer.

 Lucifer had less than a second to react; he threw Gamora further back, and at the same instance, his wings unfurled.

Time appeared to have slowed down as Hulk's fist descended on the devil. 

Lucifer did not sidestep as would have been the wisest move. Instead, his own fist rose with insane speed to meet that of the green man.

The clash of knuckles was terrific, but shockingly enough to Natasha, who was still recovering from her own ordeal, she watched in awe as Lucifer seemed to hold his own against the raging beast.

 She knew the guy was powerful, but seeing him go toe-to-toe with the Hulk was something else entirely.

 The effect of the clash was much more evident on the Hulk; his buffed up flesh rippled with shocks of the clash, sending waves through his entire body.

Lucifer wasn't done, though;

 His fist unclasped, and his palm wrapped into those of the Hulk, or just a part of it, seeing that the thing's hand was almost the size of an island. 

It was now a showdown. 

The tiny room in the hallway they were in had restricted Lucifer's wings from fully unfurling, but they had at the same time given him an extra stamina.

"The fact that you hit me last time and I let it slide shouldn't get to your head, dear," Lucifer snarled as slowly and, to Natasha's shock, he began pushing the Hulk backwards.

 "Your anger is nothing," he purred.

Suddenly, his wings went back, and he withdrew his hands just as fast. The sudden lack of resistance met the green man unprepared; his own momentum made him stumble forward and was met halfway by a sudden blow from Lucifer's knee. 

There was a momentary pause as the Hulk stared down at the tiny figure that now stood before him, buttoning his suit.

"That should do," Lucifer sighed as the huge guy dropped to his knees. 

The impact of the blow appeared to have sobered up the man, and he was now resuming his normal self.

"What the hell?" the familiar voice rang out, and Lucifer suddenly realized that the rest had arrived.

"Lucifer!" Tony Stark yelled in confusion mingled with fury. 

Lucifer just had a glimpse of the man's suit as it formed on him before turning and fleeing.

"A wise man knows when to run, dear," he said as he reached the balcony where Gamora had stood watching his struggles against the Hulk. 

"That time is now."

 His wings suddenly unfurled, and he scooped Gamora and plunged downwards, a second before a swoosh sang past them. He did not have to look to know that Thor's Mjolnir had missed.

He wasn't waiting for the damn thing to rendezvous and come for a second go. Closing his eyes, the world shifted.

CHECK OUT patreon.com/realmsinus TO READ 7 CHAPTERS AHEAD

7