LUCIFER MEETS THE GOD OF MISCHIEF
526 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the neon-lit streets of New York City, Loki found himself on a dimly lit and rather desolate street. But he wasn't alone. Two intimidating figures were approaching him with calculated steps. What made it worse was that he knew them all too well – Proxima Midnight and Cull Obsidian, two of Thanos's fiercest henchmen.

Loki's heart sank as he thought about their presence. He wasn't sure if it was just the two of them, and he hoped that the entire Black Order wasn't closing in on him. If they were, his well-thought-out plans could be in real trouble. He quickly scanned the dimly lit street, searching for a way out. He was trapped against a wall.

Loki had come to Earth with his secret agenda, one that had nothing to do with the looming threat of Thanos. But he couldn't deny the importance of the scepter he'd received from another of Thanos's loyal servants, The Other. That scepter had played a crucial role in his successful infiltration of SHIELD.

He believed that if these annoying pursuers had just given him a bit more time, he would have secured the Tesseract already, even though he had no intention of giving it to the Titan. But he couldn't dwell on those regrets. His plans were still in motion, carefully being orchestrated by his puppets. 

His top priority at the moment was to keep hold of the scepter.

Proxima Midnight, a lithe and agile enforcer of the Black Order, was just a few steps away. Her gleaming spear was ready for action, and it had a malevolent glint in the dim light. She had a wicked grin on her face, making her silver armor look even more ominous.

"You should have stuck with Thanos, godling," Proxima taunted, circling him like a vulture closing in on its prey.

Cull Obsidian, a massive warrior, stood nearby, holding a huge double-edged glaive. His eyes were fixed on Loki, full of anticipation for the battle to begin.

Loki had to think fast. He raised his scepter, its glowing blue gem pulsating with energy. When Proxima came at him with her spear, he made several decoy versions of himself, sending them in different directions.

Proxima's spear struck one of the illusions, momentarily confusing her. It was the distraction Loki needed. He used his magic to teleport behind her, taking her by surprise. He aimed the scepter at her and fired a burst of energy, forcing her to dodge.

Amid the chaos, Loki shifted his focus to Cull Obsidian, but the massive warrior had seen through his illusion. Loki barely had time to react before a powerful punch knocked the wind out of him, sending him crashing to the ground. He watched helplessly as the scepter slipped from his grasp, narrowly avoiding a strike from Cull Obsidian's glaive, which shattered the concrete where he had been a moment ago.

Suddenly, a voice interrupted the commotion, catching everyone off guard.

"Well, well, this seems like quite the party, doesn't it?"

For a moment, they all tried to figure out who the stranger was. Eventually, it was Proxima Midnight who turned to face the newcomer.

"And you are?"

Lucifer didn't seem fazed by the tension. He flashed a confident smile, "The Devil, darling, but you can call me Lucifer. I believe I've arrived fashionably late."

Loki seized the opportunity presented by the distraction caused by the newcomer. He was grateful for the interruption, even though he believed the newcomer might be underestimating the danger. Proxima Midnight was about to make quick work of the stranger, which was a shame because Loki detected a vibe from him that he wouldn't mind being around. 

his eyes were busy scanning for the scepter, which had seemingly vanished into thin air.

"Whether devil or not, you should learn to mind your own business, human," Proxima declared, releasing her spear at lightning speed, directed straight at the stranger, who strangely did not attempt to dodge the projectile.

*********

Lucifer had been meandering his way back to his apartment after a late night out. It was true he was a bit tipsy, but it was nothing he couldn't handle. The week had been a dull and frustrating one, filled with endless research that yielded little significance. Every time he felt like he was making a breakthrough, he found himself right back at square one. Tonight, however, he had decided to hit a nightclub, his first in this mysterious dimension. It felt incredibly good to momentarily cast aside his worries.

As he strolled through the dimly lit streets, he couldn't resist the temptation to take a brief detour for a less-than-conventional restroom break. Why not, after all? But as he relieved himself in the quiet corner of the street, his solitude was suddenly shattered by the unexpected rush of three figures hurtling past him. 

Their utter disregard for his presence didn't sit well with him. He may have lost most of his powers since arriving in this peculiar dimension, save for his devil face, but still, he expected a bit more courtesy.

What piqued his curiosity even further was the size of one of these mysterious figures. He was certain that even in this outlandish dimension, such creatures didn't exist. If they did, he would have stumbled upon them in his initial days of research(that was of course not counting the green guy with an anger management issue).

What's more, it was the gleam of a scepter in the hand of the figure being pursued that caught his attention. This was the very reason he had decided to follow them. 

it was a choice he shouldn't have made, as he was about to learn as he watched the confrontation that ensued. but it was also a choice he would never regret.

In an instant, the tranquil night had taken a thrilling turn. Lucifer couldn't help but relish the unexpected excitement.

read chapters ahead in my patreon below

13