Chapter 9 The Goddess of Autumn (9)
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Goddess of Autumn (9)

As soon as I entered the Southern Heavenly Gate, I saw Winter fighting with Guangcheng. Well, to be precise, it was Winter who mercilessly attacked Guangcheng, while Guangcheng just stood there, letting her hit him.

One of the heavenly soldiers couldn't bear to watch and wanted to persuade them. Another heavenly soldier quickly pulled him back, saying, "It's a matter between husband and wife, let's not get involved."

Guangcheng was beaten black and blue by Winter. Although it looked gruesome and painful, I knew that in fact, these injuries couldn't even harm Guangcheng's life. Winter was just venting her anger on him.

"Why did you forget me? Why didn't you remember me? Why did youlet me suffer for so long?" Winter cried with tears streaming down, wanting to release all her emotions.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry... It's all my fault..." Guangcheng looked at Winter and kept on apologizing.

Eventually, Winter got tired of fighting, she stopped and stood there weeping. Guangcheng walked over, wiped away the tears from her eyes, and hugged Winter. Winter didn't resist and, instead, held Guangcheng tightly.

Watching this couple embracing tightly, it seemed that my guess was correct, a joyful event 1wedding was about to take place in the heavenly palace.

Afterward, instead of returning to the Qiuwu Palace, I went to the Hall of Destiny because I wanted to check on Ye Wenqu's destiny.

I grabbed the Book of Fate and took a loot at it. After flipping through the book, I threw it to the ground and hurriedly ran out of the Hall of Destiny.

I had to go to the mortal realm.

"Goddess, what's happening?" The God of Destiny shouted at me from behind.

I panicked because in the Book of Fate, it's written, 'Qin Jin rebelled and Ye Wenqu died under his sword.'

There was still over a month left until that day came, and I had been in the heavenly realm for more than an hour.

'I have to be fast, even faster! Qiu! You can make it!'

Even though I moved at the fastest speed of my life, Ye Wenqu still died in front of me. The crimson sword was pulled out of his body, his clothes were gradually dyed red with blood, like a red lotus blooming.

I felt an extremely painful stabbing pain in my eyes.

"Ye Wenqu!" I shouted as I ran towards him.

Ye Wenqu looked at me approaching him, smiled, and murmured, "People say... you can see......the person...you want to see the most ...before you die....It's..... true..."

"Ye Wenqu! Ye Wenqu!" I knelt beside him, no matter how I called him, he didn't respond, he couldn't respond.

He was dead.

I knew what was written in the Book of Fate couldn't be changed, but I still wanted to try. As expected, I couldn't succeed. Ye Wenqu had completely left me.

I stood up with resentment, threw out the silk gauze in my sleeve, wrapped it around Qin Jin and dragged him in front of me.

"I killed you!" I raised my hand, ready to strike.

I didn't know when Winter had appeared in front of me. She stopped my hand and solemnly said, "Qiu, calm down, you can't kill him."

The God of Destiny also came to me and said, "Goddess Qiu, the fate of mortals is predetermined, life and death are ruled by fate. In addition, gods cannot kill mortals. Goddess Qiu, you must remember that."

"I know." I replied indifferently.

Hearing me say this, Winter loosened her grip on my hand. I seized the opportunity to break free from Winter's restraint and smashed Qin Jin's upper skull with one palm.

"Qiu!" Winter frowned at me.

"I know that gods can't kill mortals," I stubbornly looked at Winter, "but I still wanted to kill him."

Winter looked at me but didn't say anything.

I glanced at Ye Wenqu's lifeless body on the ground and rushed to the Underworld.

In the Underworld, some souls were queuing to drink Meng Po's soup.

"Why has the Goddess come here?" the King of Hell came up to me and asked.

"There's a mortal named Ye Wenqu who had just died recently, bring him here," I said.

"Wait a moment, Goddess."

Soon, Ye Wenqu's soul appeared in front of me.

"Miss Qiu, why are you here? Don't tell me..." Ye Wenqu looked at me, at first with joy, then with sadness.

"I've never told you, in fact, I am the Goddess of Autumn," I said while trying to suppress my emotions.

"So you are Autumn Goddess! No wonder you always come and go mysteriously, and no wonder... forget it, I'm just a mortal, how can I be worthy of you?" Ye Wenqu's eyes were filled with sorrow.

"No, it's me... I cared too much..." I couldn't control my emotions any longer, tears welled up in my eyes.

"Don't cry," Ye Wenqu's cold fingers brushed across my face, wiping away my tears, "how could I, Ye Wenqu, make the Goddess of Autumn shed tears for me...., I have already understood the answer from goddess's heart, I am very happy and very fortunate."

I handed him the Meng Po's soup and said, "In the next life, you must be well."

As Ye Wenqu took the Meng Po's soup, I silently turned away. I couldn't bear to watch him forget about me.

Just like that, he drank the Meng Po's soup, crossed the Naihe Bridge, which had nothing to do with me at all. 

"Let him be reborn into a good family, with a life of ease, peace, and prosperity." Before leaving, I told the King of Hell.

Back in the heavenly palace, I was punished by the Jade Emperor for killing a mortal. However, because Qin Jin's original lifespan was about to end, the Jade Emperor didn't diminish my cultivation but instead restricted me for a hundred years.

That day, when Winter came to see me, I said to her, "Winter, can you help me with something?"

"What is it?" Winter asked.

"In the mortal realm, under a peach tree, there buried a bottle of my osmanthus wine. I want to drink it."

I wouldn't ask The God of Destiny about Ye Wenqu's second life, because no matter what, he that wouldn't be the Ye Wenqu I knew anymore, he was just another mortal with the same face as Ye Wenqu.

Ever since Ye Wenqu's death, I tried to find the begonia flower hairpin he had given to me but to no avail. I've searched everywhere, whether it was the Qiuwu Palace, the mortal realm, or even the Underworld. I've asked the immortals I know to help me look for it and I've also searched for it myself, but I still couldn't find it.

Today, the Weaver Girl made me new clothes, Chang'e sent me mooncakes, The God of Destiny brought me many books, Spring went to Penglai to pick fruit for me, Summer said there were many newly arrived handsome male immortals on Kunlun Mountain... These were things I used to enjoy the most in the past, but now, I have lost all interest in them. I always felt as if something was missing in my heart, the red luan star would no longer move.

.

.

.

-

0