Chapter 5 – First Day
27 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The feeling of drifting back, I looked back to see that the cave's visor wasn't glowing reddish anymore, was this what signaled night time?.

With an exhausted body I walked into the cave while carrying the five demon cores from my battle today.

My body was still as healthy as before due to the use of <Creation> to heal all the wounds I suffered during the battle, but my mana had entered critical territory with only 20% mana left.

It made my head hurt and my eyes feel heavy. This started happening when I had 30% mana left, maybe when I ran out of mana I would faint.

I made a note to minimize my mana usage, "If I faint in the middle of the celebration, maybe the next day I will reincarnate into another being."

I said as my body and mind were exhausted, it was a hard day, reincarnating into a demon, gaining foreign powers, fighting to the death, and the first kill.

At the end of the cave I sat down and leaned against the cave wall and closed my eyes, let's end my first day in the abyss with a deep sleep.

I don't know how much time had passed when I opened my eyes, a familiar scene appeared before my eyes. A dimly lit cave with a reddish glowing cave mouth, a sign that morning has come and the time of celebration begins again.

"Good morning Myself"

I yawned and relaxed my stiff body as hunger and thirst filled my body.

My mana was full again after sleeping all night, I used <Creation> to make water to quench my thirst while turning my head to look at the five demon cores beside me.

I picked up one of them and looked carefully, it was just a blue crystal the size of a chicken egg with a round shape.

"So this thing can make me stronger?"

I began to sense the mana and vitality in the demon core with my perception magic and began to draw it in using my mana.

The flow of mana and vitality enters my body as it goes to my demon core, my demon core will assimilate the foreign mana and vitality into my body before it is released to the rest of my body, this takes time depending on the individual demon's talent.

I felt a sense of freshness as the flow of mana and vitality was released from my demon core, my hunger diminished replaced with satiety, after 1 hour had passed the demon core in my hand crumbled into dust indicating the energy it contained had been depleted.

"1 hour has passed huh" I felt the time pass quickly, when absorbing the demon core I had to focus all my concentration to draw the mana and energy in the demon core and then purify it into my own mana and energy, this process is very complicated and requires concentration.

"I can't absorb it in such a dangerous place." Only when I was in the cave, I felt a sense of security without any threat from anyone, I could focus on absorbing the demon core.

I felt my body filled with energy after absorbing 1 demon core, I felt no other difference in my body.

"Am I really getting stronger?"

I started absorbing another demon core I had, 2 hours had passed by the time I finished absorbing the third demon core.

"I feel like if I absorb any more, my body will explode" There seems to be a limit to how much I can absorb demon cores, my body needs to adapt to become stronger.

I feel like my body is getting lighter and my mana has slightly increased by about 3%.

"Do I have to absorb 97 more demon cores to evolve when my mana increases by 100%? If so, I will need more than a month to absorb all the demon cores I need" I began to feel how difficult it was to evolve "It seems like it will be a very long journey to become a god"

Without being able to reabsorb the 2 demon cores I had, I put them in the cave to free up my soul space, after all no one can enter the cave other than me so there was no way anyone could take my demon cores.

"I have to think of a way to minimize mana usage and find a way to make <Creation> more useful in battle".

Without rushing out of the cave, I thought of ways to maximize the way I fight.

"Maybe I should minimize the use of [Body Enhancement] magic even though this non-magic magic only requires a little mana but with the way I fought yesterday always using it when fighting will consume a lot of mana as well"

I should use it only when it's important, it can also create an element of surprise for my enemies.

"For <Creation> I should make a bag to store the demon core to make it safer when I store it in my soul space, if there is an anomaly at least it won't affect my soul directly. As for making weapons with my current state, I doubt I can make weapons stronger than my fists and claws"

I thought of the various anime battle scenes I had seen in my previous life as inspiration.

"Hooo I can make a flash of light to blind my enemy to create the element of surprise, that way I can kill the enemy without having to always rely on my trump card"

My eyes lit up when I came up with that idea and began to recall the battle scenes I knew more seriously.

"Poison! Yes, I can make poison to coat my claws that way I can poison my enemy while waiting quietly until my enemy is helpless, it can save a lot of energy."

I'm glad I came up with the idea of how to use <Creation> to make it more useful in battle.

I started making a simple bag while thinking again about what I should prepare, a golden light appeared in my hand as a simple bag formed in my hand, I kept the bag in my soul space so as not to hinder my battle.

"Oh yeah yesterday I saw a demon hovering using its wings at the celebration." recalling yesterday's battle scene, I remembered the winged demon that hovered and threw a fireball at its enemy below.

Looking at my wings curiously I flowed mana into my wings, previously I had tried flapping my wings and the result was just a waste of energy without me floating at all.

Mana began to envelop my wings as I flapped my wings, a feeling of lightness appeared as I began to float slowly off the ground. moving slowly I began to fly slowly towards the mouth of the cave and back into the cave.

"woww wowww" a feeling of excitement filled me as I felt one of the human dreams of flying.

Humans did create airplanes to fly, but it can't compare to the feeling of flying alone like a bird flying freely in the sky.

"ahahahaha but unfortunately for now flying can't be included in my strategy"

I started to land slowly and felt that I only had 60% mana left, I frowned at how wasteful it was to use mana to fly.

"Damn, what a waste of mana" a feeling of disappointment came over me as I looked at my small wings.

"If wings can make me fly and claws can be used as weapons, then what good are my horns and tail?"

I touched my horns while looking at my tail, in battle I had never used my tail to attack or take cover, because as a former human without a tail, using a tail in battle was foreign to me, while I never knew what the use of horns was.

"Should I attack with horns like a bull?" I laughed, imagining myself attacking the enemy with my horns.

I sat down and rested while waiting for my mana to replenish.

"If I absorb the mana in the demon core, will I be able to recover my mana?" I realized and picked up one of the demon cores I had. I started absorbing it as my mana started to recover quickly. After 10 minutes, my mana was replenished.

"So the demon core can recover my mana and strength and then strengthen it when it's full until my body reaches its daily limit?"

I came to my senses and various ideas came to my mind.

"I need more demon cores"

I walked towards the mouth of the cave feeling excited.

"Alright, let's rejoin the celebration," I grinned as I passed through the cave barrier.

 

"

Hello Riudhan here,

I reduced the increase given to [Body Enhancement] magic from three times to only 30%, for my next storyline if the increase on [Body Enhancement] is three times it will destroy my story, so I changed it.

Punctuation,

""         : Someone's dialog

Italics  : Someone's inner monologue

<>        : Skills

[]          : Magic

{}         : Art

"

1