Chapter 6 – Nameless
25 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I opened my eyes and saw the place of the celebration again, I walked and looked around while weakening my presence, acting conspicuously in this place was tantamount to suicide.

After I joined the celebration yesterday, I found a way for me to obtain demon cores efficiently and safely.

That is by taking the achievements of others, when another demon wins a battle, I only need to kill that demon and obtain his demon core and the demon core he obtained from the battle.

Although this is somewhat despicable but who cares! . which is more despicable between you robbing someone and making newborn children kill each other?

And another way is to enter the celebration in the afternoon when the demons are exhausted after a day of fighting, and every demon in the afternoon is bound to bring some demon cores.

That way I can minimize the number of battles and maximize my income, but I don't know if I'm the only one who knows this trick or if other demons have figured it out.

"That's impossible, right? As smart as newborn demons are, how can they be smarter than adult humans?" I smiled as I looked at the sun, seeing that it was probably already 3pm.

"hehehe let's start harvesting" A grin appeared on my face as cruelty appeared in my eyes.

I looked at the battle around although it was still brutal but each demon's movements were no longer energetic.

The body of each demon is not spared from injuries, some are minor and some are severe, I will attack the demons that are severely injured.

I've got a few targets, there's a demon fighting with one arm missing but its opponent is on the verge of death so it's certain that the demon with one arm will win, that demon seems to have skills related to ice, I saw it freeze the place of its missing arm and its partially frozen enemy.

The other was a demon that was flying although the wounds on his body were few but I saw fatigue in his eyes, with my previous experiment when trying to fly I speculated that his mana had reached critical, his skill might be related to wind, I saw him throwing wind slashes at his enemy.

There was also a demon with a severe wound on his chest while his enemy was dead, I didn't know his skill but without thinking I ran towards him.

With such a wound, its combat effectiveness would drop to the lowest point.

Approaching the dying demon, I quickly used <Creation> to create a beam that blinded my enemy as he turned his head towards me.

"aaaaaaa..." The demon roared as it closed its eyes, without lingering I thrust a claw into its wounded chest.

The demon looked at me with hatred as the light in his eyes faded, I understood how he felt, when you have worked hard and sacrificed a lot but the results are only for others to take, but you can't blame me, blame this cruel world.

Being kind to your enemies is the same as being cruel to yourself, we must be able to distinguish between friends and enemies.

Being kind to friends is an investment, friends will help you when you need help, but enemies will only laugh when you have misfortune.

Finding good friends is also an important skill in life.

While remaining alert to my surroundings, I quickly retrieved the demon cores from the two corpses in front of me.

A pleasant surprise came when I got a total of 5 demon cores, it turned out that the demon I killed had 2 other demon cores while the enemy had 1 other demon core plus the 2 demon cores I took from the corpses so I got 5 demon cores in one fight.

"But how come the demon I fought yesterday afternoon didn't have another demon core? How pathetic is that?"

I looked at the condition of my other 2 targets. The ice demon had finished its fight while the wind demon was still fighting.

I approached slowly behind the ice demon while using <Creation> to create poison and coat my claws, even though the demon had lost one arm but with its movements while dissecting its enemy's chest let me know that it could still fight.

As I got closer, I quickly advanced and clawed at the demon, the demon turned around and used its remaining hand to deflect my claws, a small wound was visible on its arm after I clawed it.

I quickly jumped back as far as I could, I didn't use [Body Enhancement] in my attack, with the demon's strong skin, a small wound would occur if I clawed it with all my might.

However, I had applied poison to my claws, I just needed to wait for the poison to take effect without making any other moves to save energy.

"Yo... Ice Demon what's your name?" I asked to buy some time while trying to get information from my enemy.

"Name? ...ahahaha you ask what my name is? I'll give it back to you what's your name?" The demon laughed and smiled while returning my question with a disgusted look.

I frowned at the strange thing. "My name is ....." I was stunned on the spot as a void appeared in my heart.

Isn't my name Zechiro Smith? I thought as my heart and soul rejected my thoughts.

"Ahahahaha... do you deserve a name too?" the demon mocked me as it saw my reaction.

"What do you mean!!!" I shouted as anger welled up inside me.

"Are you stupid or something, don't you have an inheritance. Asking such a ridiculous question"

I frowned as I accessed my inheritance, names are designations given by creatures to distinguish one from another.

But unlike demons, names are symbols that make demons into complete beings with bodies and souls.

Names are also a source of power for demons as names are blessings from the abyss, there are even demons who have True Names that can enhance the magic aspect of demons.

Usually when a creature is born, its parents give it a name, but who are my parents? It is the abyss itself, while why the abyss didn't give me a name directly, I might know the reason.

Why give a name if you only live for a moment and die at the hands of another child.

"Only people who have evolved into low demons will be given the blessing of a name by the abyss, so do you deserve a name too? ahahaha...."

The demon laughed at me again as I fell silent, but I held back the anger burning in my heart and waited for the demon to stop laughing.

"Huh... do I deserve it? who knows, but I know that you don't," I smirked at the ice demon.

"What did you say!!! uh..." the demon was stunned to see his injured hand.

"Looks like it's starting" I smiled as the demon began to back away with stiff movements.

"What are you doing to me!!!" the demon roared with vigilance in its eyes.

"The dead don't need to know things, you won't be able to rest in peace, so calm down and die."

The demon froze its hands and waved at me as a wave of ice came towards me.

I immediately retreated to avoid the range of the ice attack. Seeing that the demon wasn't moving anymore, I calmly approached it.

"So, is this your limit, ice demon," the demon panted with sweat running down its face as its eyes turned red and its body began to sway.

Blood began to ooze from its mouth as the demon looked at me horrifyingly.

"Coward" were his last words as he fell.

I stood up without rushing over to him, in case he was just pretending to be dead.

Cowardly yes, perhaps, but this is a necessary thing, I sighed at the ice demon's words.

When I was close to the demon's body, I quickly darted over and decapitated it with my claws.

"So you really are dead, it doesn't hurt to be careful".

2