Chapter 8 – Failed Plan
18 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a floating feeling I reappeared in the cave, walking into the cave I took out the demon cores from my hunt today.

I had 39 demon cores, 37 demon cores from my hunt today, and 2 demon cores from my hunt yesterday.

My body was still full of wounds because my manaku was only 30%, I didn't use the <Creation> skill so that my head wouldn't hurt more.

I sat down and took the demon core that I had absorbed some of its energy and absorbed it to recover my mana.

My mana started to recover and my wounds also started to heal, the vitality inside the demon core can heal wounds and increase energy as it contains life energy.

30 minutes passed and I was back in top shape, my mana was full again, and my wounds healed perfectly.

"Demon cores are great, but 1 demon core also symbolizes 1 demon life". The 39 demon cores I have means 39 demons have died, but I've only killed 7 demons.

"With this efficiency, I should be able to evolve safely"

I lay down and began to close my eyes to sleep, although my energy had fully recovered but the demon cores couldn't cure mental fatigue.

Time passed as I opened my eyes, morning had arrived as the cave's visor glowed reddish.

"Good morning myself"

I stood up and stretched my body.

"My body should have adapted already"

I sat back down and picked up one of the demon cores that still had full energy and absorbed it.

3 hours passed quickly as the third demon core in my hand turned to dust.

"My body has become lighter but I don't know the exact difference, and my mana has increased by 3%."

I stood up and did some light combat moves to feel my body become stronger.

"With the demon cores I have, I can stay in the cave for 10 days without entering the celebration grounds again."

Although the more demon cores I had, the better, but if I couldn't absorb all the demon cores, there was no point either.

Entering the celebration area is also fraught with risks like yesterday, if I'm unlucky, my head could fly off without me realizing it.

But if I stay in the cave and absorb all the demon cores I have at least when I enter the celebration grounds, my strength will increase, and my safety will also increase.

"This seems like a good way, I can have time to train while increasing my strength."

I picked up the demon core that I had absorbed energy from while thinking of the idea that had crossed my head yesterday.

"I hope my idea works, if it does then my combat power will increase."

What hinders my <Creation> skill is the amount of mana I have, to make something I need mana and the more powerful and complicated something I make, the more mana is needed.

With the mana I currently have, I can make a knife as a weapon, but my claws are stronger than the knife I made.

So with the amount of mana I have, I can't make anything more useful than my fists and claws.

But with a demon core that can recover mana, this gives me access to a large amount of mana depending on how many demon cores I have.

"With that much mana, I can create great things."

I thought about making a sword or spear as a weapon.

"Spears have a wider range, but swords are cooler ehehe"

I held the demon core in my left hand and started using the <Creation> skill in my right hand.

<Creation> can create anything I know, although I don't know what I'm creating in detail but as long as I know what I want to create, I can create it with more mana.

A golden light appeared in my right hand as I envisioned a simple yet sharp and powerful sword beyond my claws.

My mana began to decrease rapidly as the tip of the sword appeared very slowly.

Damn the mana I need is so much, I start absorbing mana in the demon core.

This is very hard, absorbing demon cores requires high focus and using skills also requires focus, but I can do it by slowing down the speed of absorbing mana so that I can split my focus to use skills.

Damn it looks like this doesn't work, the speed of losing mana is many times faster than my speed of absorbing mana, even my speed of absorbing mana when I'm 100% focused is many times slower than the speed of losing mana.

With me splitting my focus which made my already slow mana absorption speed even slower, my mana was quickly left at 30% when something bad happened.

ahhhh damn, my head started spinning as I lost my concentration, my skills were interrupted as the golden light disappeared from my right hand, but the bad thing was just beginning.

The control over the foreign mana that I had absorbed but not yet refined into myself was lost as it began to interfere with the mana inside my body.

"aaaaa..."

I dropped the demon core I was holding and spat out a mouthful of blood as my mana started to get out of control and damage my body, I endured the pain in my body and concentrated on controlling my man.

My manaku began to calm down as I regained control of the foreign mana in my body and refined it into my manaku.

"hah... hah... hah... shit"

My body swelled in various places as blood flowed out of my pores, and my head hurt as my mana dropped below 30%.

While enduring the pain, I picked up the thing I made.

"Ahahaha what is this?!"

A metal sword tip with a length of 5 cm that I managed to make, I frustratingly threw away the metal and closed my eyes.

Damn, looks like my plan didn't work. I opened my eyes again and picked up the demon core that I dropped.

I carefully absorbed the demon core to recover my manaku, 20 minutes passed as the demon core in my hand became dust.

My manaku recovered 80% as I started using <Creation> to recover my injured body, slowly my body recovered as I picked up another demon core to recover my manaku again.

20 minutes passed and I was back in top shape.

"Looks like I'll still be using fists and claws"

I walked over and picked up the metal I had thrown away, scraping it against the wall, I felt no resistance, I scratched my skin as my skin opened up and blood flowed.

"This thing is indeed sharp, but if it's this small, it's useless."

Storing the metal in my soul space, I sat down and thought about what I was going to do.

"I have 10 days to strengthen myself".

1