Chapter 1: Darkness
3.4k 7 142
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the depths of eternal darkness, the protagonist found themselves trapped. "How long has it been dark?" they mumbled to no one in particular.

 

Desperation gripped them, urging them to remember something, anything. Gradually, fragmented memories started to piece together.

 

"All I can recall is something about an emperor, battle tactics, and a gladius," they thought. "But what's a gladius, anyway?"

 

Suddenly, a blinding light engulfed their senses, leaving them momentarily disoriented.

 

"I was observing her, alright?" admitted a red-haired girl. "She seemed like a perfect candidate, but I didn't want to take her life. So, I waited. Then, one day, she was struck by a drunk driver. She suffered severe brain damage and passed away before I could restore her."

 

A woman with black-blonde hair and a monkey tail chimed in, "I was worried you'd killed her just to reincarnate her."

 

"I'd never do that," the red-haired girl exclaimed.

 

"Hi?" the protagonist cautiously interjected.

 

The room, filled with women of significant physical power, turned their gaze to the source of the voice before focusing their attention on the red-haired girl.

 

"They seem...strong," the protagonist observed.

 

"I didn't do it," the red-haired girl repeated.

 

"How long have you been in the void?" inquired the woman with the monkey tail.

 

"The void? The dark place? I've lost track of time," the protagonist confessed terror of the endless dark clear in their wavering voice.

 

"It's your call, Kyra," the red-headed girl said.

 

"The standard cycle of reincarnation?" Kyra questioned.

 

"Their soul has been in the void for far too long," a black-haired woman remarked.

 

"Shirone, can you grant additional wishes?" Kyra asked, turning to the girl with silver hair and wolf ears.

 

"I can't for a while. Rath depleted a considerable portion of my power. And I have unresolved issues with him," Shirone replied, her gaze directed at the red-haired girl.

 

"Lisa, do you want to step in, or are two wishes enough?" Kyra inquired, addressing the tall, black-haired woman among them.

 

"I'm fine with two wishes," the protagonist replied, a touch of panic evident as they realized they were surrounded by gods.

 

"So, what do you wish for?" Kyra asked, waiting for their request.

 

"I wish for knowledge of the world you'll send me to, as well as any worlds I might visit," the protagonist answered.

 

Kyra nodded, and the protagonist felt a sudden headache as information flooded their mind. They had knowledge of magic, witchcraft, dungeons, science, music, and even anime. The overwhelming influx of information left them with a throbbing headache.

 

"What can I offer you?" Sandstorm asked.

 

"You can decide," the protagonist replied.

 

With an eerie smile, Sandstorm declared, "Dungeon master it is!"

 

And just like that, everything plunged into darkness once more.

 

"With all this knowledge, I could become a sage," the protagonist mused.

 

(Skill: Sage acquired.)

 

"A skill, huh? I didn't ask for a system, but I'm heading to another world."

 

(Skill: Oracle acquired.)

 

"I wonder if any of my previous life's skills will be of use."

 

(Skill: Short Sword Mastery.)

 

(Skill: Shield Mastery.)

 

"The system is nice, but I may not need it," the protagonist thought as their vision turned white once again.

142