Chapter 10
74 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A leap of faith?

No one truly understood what his meaning was, but if they came from Glen Chu's former world, they would know he was using the infamous Assassin's Creed jump, with the crying Han Ming on his back.

Time seemed frozen in place, as countless people stood from their seats with opened eyes of disbelief.

(0□0)

Some didn't even have the guts to keep watching wholly, as they placed their hands over their faces, sometimes taking a peek through their fingers as if asking if it was over yet.

Even the Rohtang felt his pulse stop for a second, with only one thought in mind.

F***!

'What sort of crazy anchor is this? They are going to die!

They are definitely going to die or get badly injured!

But the Glen Chu they saw didn't seem to care.

As if infected with adrenaline, he spirited Ford like a spider with a determined look that spoke of his fierceness.

Jump!

Glen Chu was now over the edge, floating high with the infamous 'Leap of Faith' technique.

Everyone saw him jump over the cliffside and felt their hearts drop to their bellies.

No! No! No!

They saw him falling halfway between the tree branch and the cliff, thinking he wouldn't make it.

But just then, he curled his dashing whip with uncanny precision, allowing its tip to stretch forth like spider webs, wrapping securely around the tree branch that protruded so beautifully.

--silence--

Blink. Blink.

(○□○)

The silence in the barrage was suddenly broken, as Glen Chu had taken them through a million and ten emotions all in the span of a few seconds.

[.I... am I dreaming or did the anchor and brother Ming just make it without cracking a rib?]

[Ahhhhhhhh!!!!~... they did it! The anchor did it! I am a whip specialist, and can tell you that what the anchor did just now isn't easy.]

[Upstairs is right. To control, recoil and whiplash as one pleases takes years of practice. Anchor, you are indeed a man of many hidden skills!]

[The more I get to know the anchors the more I realize he must be a hidden master. Guide Chu, be honest, you are a master in hiding, right?]

[Ahhh! I don't care! I'm going to be the anchor's number 1 fan now.]

[Invincible! The anchor is too great.]

[Pfft!~... Did you see Brother Ming's face when they were falling mid-distance? No way. Why does my brother look like he would prefer to eat dig poppy than go through what he just went through now?]

[Bahahahahaha~... Upstairs, you are so bad, but I like it.]

Everyone was boiling with emotions watching Glen Chu swing forward.

They were even more impressed seeing Glen Chu yank his whip free, sending several leaves fluttering in the wind.

1, 2, 3...

Glen Chu had already swung across 3 different branches belonging to 3 trees using his whip.

.

Bam!

The camera captured Han Ming's clumsy fall, as well as Glen Chu's heroic landing on the ground on both feet.

With a smirk, he caught his falling hat, placing it with style over his hair, just like Indiana Jones, before flashing his whip forward, allowing it to curl in various hoops like magic.

"Hahahahahaha~... Land! Land! I've missed you so much!" Han Ming exclaimed, stopping Glen Chu's thoughts, as he began kissing the ground aggressively.

Woooooo~

You can't imagine what he has been through in just this short time.

Alas...

Who knew the human lifespan was so short?

"Okay, okay, you're alive and well aren't you? Didn't I tell you everything is going to be fine?"

"Bah! Easy for you to say!" Han Ming felt aggrieved, seeing Glen Chu's amused expression.

He has been friends with this guy for so long that it was impossible for him not to know Glen Chu was enjoying his predicament.

Well, Han Ming had to admit that after this, he had more trust in Glen Chu's abilities, especially when considering that Glen Chu was not only able to carry him effortlessly but maneuver his whip strength and precision angling to such a degree that made it look easy.

Don't think he didn't notice Glen Chu's excessively bulging veins when lashing and recoiling the whip as they swung by.

That is... do you know how heavy he, Han Ming, is? Tall less of Glen Chu beading the weight of 2 mid-air.

Words alone cannot describe just how powerful his buddy has grown to become.

---

Seeing the flicker of awe in Han Ming's eyes, Glen Chu was taken aback but understood his actions had indeed proven meaningful.

'Now, this guy will listen to me more, right?'

Inwardly, Glen Chu was bubbling with joy for his accomplishments.

Damn! He deserves a pat on his back and some really good accolades for his awesome thinking.

Well, he could've rock-climbed down while carrying Glen Chu.

Many may think he didn't choose this route since it would be free-hand without equipment and very dangerous.

But that wasn't why he didn't want to do it.

In short, he wanted the most dramatic and thrilling way of getting down, so he could make Han Ming gain more belief and trust in his ways of doing things.

Now, if something serious happened and he told Han Ming to jump left, his body might react faster than his thoughts because he, Han Ming trusted Glen Chu as a true strong man.

This was all he needed in times of danger.

Don't forget they have yet to eat the so-called big adventure the system has promised.

When the time comes he doesn't want someone who would trouble him, rather than lessening it.

6