Chapter 11
98 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, he did it.

Coughing to hide his sneaky thoughts from leaking out, Glen Chu faced the drone with a confident smirk.

"Okay, everyone, now that we are here, we have to hasten up our actions of finding food and water and making a secured shelter before nightfall."

Looking around, Glen Chu paused.

"I'm not entirely sure yet, but this place is a pretty good sight to set up our first shelter home here. When deciding to set up a temporal camp, it is important to evaluate the area."

"Try to choose a location that is naturally protected from the wind, and be sure that water is not going to flood or run through the area if a storm hits."

"Of course, this much isn't enough to prove this spot is a good location just yet since later on, we will scout around the area, tracking and identifying any animal prints of potential creatures inhabiting the site."

"We shouldn't take shelter near a home of any ferocious beasts. This is a key point to secure our survival!"

Once again Glen Chu made everyone marvel at how knowledgeable he was.

"Everyone, all these are important, however, there is something we must first do before our search begins. Does anyone know?... Note that the first person who guesses right will have a mysterious souvenir by the end of our tour trip."

What? A souvenir?

[Anchor, we must first learn how to make fire, right?]

[No way! Upstairs, are you stupid? Why make fire when they haven't fully settled the matter of where they will live yet? Anchor, you want to make weapons first, right?]

[Bathing!]

[Sleeping!]

[Calling the 119, police!]

[Calling your crush to say your last words.]

[Collecting stones for protection!]

---

Looking at the barrage, Glen Chu didn't know whether to laugh or cry at how ridiculous their thoughts were.

The one that said Sleeping isn't a serious matter at all.

Sleep and then wake up in unchecked lands in the belly of a beast?

And you who said bathing, how will he do it if they haven't located a clear water stream yet?

Immediately, Glen Chu chose to turn a blind eye to almost all answers popping up.

In less than 2 seconds, over 300 answers appeared.

Luckily, he didn't have to filter through them all, as the system immediately notified him when someone got it right.

That was the first person to get it right.

"Congratulations Outdoor_Floater77. You are right. The first thing we must do is determine our direction, or else once out in deep search, we will only get lost within the thick confines of the Azbian forest."

Many felt it made sense but still had doubts.

[Find their direction? But how? Anchor, how can you do this without a compass?]

Not only the barrage was confused, but even Han Ming was scratching his head, not understanding how Glen Chu would do it.

Hehehehehehe~

Glen Chu chuckled, slowly crouching down before a peculiar plant. The drone quickly flew beside him, capturing the scene without a moment's waste.

"Indeed. Without a compass, how can we know? This is very simple to solve."

[Wow! Teacher Chu is back to suit some godly information on us again.]

[Everyone, we must all listen attentively to teacher Chu. Hey, I wonder how he will let us know the direction without a compass?]

Now, the drone also captured Han Ming moving closer to his friend in wonder.

"Experts in navigating jungles without compasses, typically rely on a combination of natural sights, observational skills and knowledge of the environment to lead them forward."

What Glen Chu said was true.

There are many techniques available, like observing the sun and the stars, knowing that the sin generally rises in the east and sets in the west.

One's shadow can also tell them a lot about your positioning more than they think.

Again, vegetation and water flow can also show one the way.

"Igranus Quagola... also known as the sleeping beauty."

Glen Chu was talking about the specific snow-like tip of the plant that had reddish-pink stalks, sleeping in a slanting manner before his legs.

So pretty!

Many females watching instantly fell in love with this cute plant.

How cute!

How come they haven't seen it before around their homes? Sure enough, all pretty things grow close to danger.

Is that why it's home to the Azbian forest? Or wait!... is it also harmful too?

Glen Chu shook his head, gently caressing his fingers on its sleeping snow-tip head.

"It is harmless but very useful to travelers wandering in the forest. Why? Because during certain times of the day, its top will sleep leaving in different directions."

"In the Morning, it faces the EAST. Midday, it faces the SOUTH, late afternoon it faces the NORTH, and by Night time during pitch-black periods when the moon is swollen and high, it faces the WEST."

Really? Han Ming couldn't help blinking severally, supposed to learn something during his 'fun adventure trip.'

It was so easy to memorize that even if he forgot its name, at least knowing what it looked like and knowing its slanting and sleeping patterns would be so helpful to him should he ever find himself stranded in the areas having such plants.

Morning, East... Midday, South... Late afternoon North... Night time, West.

So simple, he felt even a 5-year-old could remember.

"Then, Brother Chu, its head should be facing North now, right?"

"Correct."

The camera showed not just this single plant, but a few others scattered around also sleeping in slanting positions facing one direction... the cliff they just jumped from.

So, they came from the North? Good to know.

"Han Ming." Glen Chu called out, blowing on the white flower tip, causing many snowflake-like seeds to blow out and fly away.

"That is how they spread their seeds and grow in other regions. It's estimated that around here, there should be many of them. So we should be able to see them once in a while during our search for food and water."

But of course, they couldn't just rely on this alone.

Thus, Glen Chu took note of their shadow positions while also marking their locations, carving Xs on trees with stones for easy backtracking.

Great!

Now that it's done and over with, time to locate water, get some food and make shelter before it's too late!

4 hours and a few minutes left before the sun completely sets.

"Let's go!"

6