Chapter 16
62 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Run! Run! Run!

Everyone in the barrage watched the duo was no time, plunging through the woods as though chased by ghosts.

Even Han Ming was more serious than ever.

Falling to his knees he quickly threw down the many sticks they had been gathering along the way.

"Brother Chu, what do you want to do?

Very quickly, Glen Chu took a stick, drawing his plans on the ground.

"Tonight, we sleep on the ground. So first, we need to barricade our place... At the same time, we must get the food going. Everything must get done now."

Right!

Taking up instructions, Han Ming quickly used the 6 spears they made as marking points to their home, as though pitching a tent.

Using a stone, he began forcing the sharp ends into the ground, forming a rectangular pattern.

Once done he immediately took out the many layers of rope he and Glen Chu had created during their travels.

Understand that before arriving at the fleets of Uba trees separating the safe zone from this one, Glen Chu told them to be prepared for the worst.

Thus, whenever he found something useful, he would immediately harvest and process it.

There were many herbs he found along the way, some poisonous when swallowed and others very medicinal and good for food spices.

Glen Chu kept the poisonous ones with him while giving the spices to Han Ming.

At the same time, Glen Chu also found several sturdy plant fibers that made excellent rope.

They were surprisingly sturdy, despite their relatively thin size.

Like barbed wires, Glen Chu had him wrap everything they came across these sturdy plant fibers and jungle vines.

And now, all preparations were proving worthwhile.

(×¥×)

....

As Han Ming worked, Glen Chu was even faster, setting up a fireplace, and using 2 stones to spark the flames while quickly processing the fish caught.

His hands moved so fast that many swore he was a chef in his past time.

Using the sharp fang, he scraped the scales away, most times using his hands to dissect the unwanted parts.

But rather than throw these parts away, he walked to the size, tool over several leaves from the trees before wrapping them well.

He will have to store them for later, choosing to use them as bait to catch other animals in the future.

The fireside consisted of a very big flat rock supported by several rocks placed in a circular formation; and underneath the space between the supporting rocks, Glen Chu dug the grounds deeper before throwing in the firewood.

Well, the fire had long been started and the spot chosen for it was devoid of grass.

Before starting, Glen Chu quickly rubbed the sunflower seeds he found during their travels, knowing sunflower seeds hold a good quantity of natural oils in them.

He did this so the fish wouldn't stick to the rock so much.

Like so he placed the fishes on the hot flat rock, stuffing it with crushed herbs and rubbing its surface with the herbs too.

Getting a whiff of the amazing aromas, Glen Chu already knew the meal was sure to be favorable.

(^_^)

With the fish cooking, he quickly buried the unwanted fish parts before rushing to join Han Ming.

"Brother Chu..." Han Ming was embarrassed seeing that he didn't make so much progress while Han Ming had only used no more than 5 minutes to process and get their meal started.

"What's wrong with you? Look at the time. We don't have much time left so get to work!"

"..."

Pfft~

Although time was tight, everyone was still amused by their interaction.

Azbian Forest!

Azbian forest!...

Can you believe it?

Many stayed still watching the live feed with unblinking eyes, feeling the hair on their arms stand alert with every second that went by.

The system had heightened the jungle sounds and the drone would sometimes fly a little distance away, zooming far beyond and showing the few wildlife spotted around.

The whole thing was thrilling, as many couldn't help crossing their fingers, hoping no predators would stay in.

Luckily, everything seemed alright, and within a blink of an eye, their shelter was ready.

This... this...

Han Ming fell to his butt, shocked by how fast they worked and what they accomplished.

Sure, it looked too crude and had a crooked abandoned look to it, but so what?

Looking at his trembling hands, no one could describe Han Ming's emotions.

This was the first home he made out in the wild.

The home, though simple inside, was very strong on the outside.

It was designed like an orchid, with several sharp spears and sticks poking out, in case any predator trespasses and tries to sneak in.

At least, they will be alerted by the beast's injuries before it can ever think of pulling a fast one on them.

Well, Han Ming had to admit that the home was crooked because of him.

Glen Chu had spent most of his time producing spears like an automated machine.

No joke, his buddy's carving ability was just too strong.

Within seconds, spears were processed and thrown in the pile for Han Ming to work with.

The entire shelter was made of spears tied using those strong rope fibers and vines

When he was done with the foundational look, Glen Chu finally joined in as they placed many sticking-out spears on the structure.

They also dug holes, placing spears underneath as traps before carefully suspending tied-up bushes joined together on its surface.

An enemy might think of hiding behind these bushes before springing at them but that would be a terrible mistake.

Of course, they also kept over 15 spears inside, in case they had to go hand-to-hand with some.

...

Success! It was finally over.

Like that, the duo ate in satisfaction, turning the show into a chef review show, causing the mouths of many to water.

Alright.

"Brother Ming, it's time to go in."

"Well, you don't have to tell me twice!"

With the fiery flames finally cooled off, the place was now completely dark.

Flickering his eyes, Glen Chu looked around vigilantly.

'Hopefully, the night passes fast.' He thought, leading into their haven.

Looking at the barrage who were hell-bent on watching them sleep, Glen Chu didn't know what to say.

Well, what else can he say but activate night vision mode and give them what they want?

In their safe cabin, Glen Chu decided to tell a horror tale from his former world, causing many to be so scared they felt like wetting themselves.

In this way, time passed by quickly, and around 11 PM, most of the water friends had exited the channel.

Closing his eyes, he slept last after listening to Han Ming's light snoring.

Yes...

Tonight should be peaceful.

However, at 1 AM, the scene suddenly changed!

6