Chapter 17
67 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1 AM. 

Han Ming was still lightly snoring away, while Glen Chu was on his back, laying in rest, as still as a statue. 

A few people in the livestream were still chatting among themselves, truthfully dividing their attention between watching the duo sleep and doing other personal activities of their own. 

Don't ask why these people were watching others sleep. 

Many just wanted to see if the duo could truthfully make it to the next day alive in one piece. 

Hey... some had already placed bets on this matter, so of course they had to attach

What's more, they felt that should anything go wrong, they should at least keep a lookout to alert the local authorities if the scene gets too dangerous. 

So far so good, no troubles have appeared in sight.

Several people in the barrage were still communicating when suddenly, they heard faint sounds of rustling getting louder by the second. 

If not for the drone's high-tech sound amplification system, many wouldn't have noticed a thing. 

Heck! 

Even Han Ming in the forest, might never hear the faint rustling noises that seemed like the wind blowing in the distance. 

But Glen Chu who had the system also noticed the weirdness from the sounds just like the others watching the live feed.

With brush movements, he placed one hand on Han Ming's mouth, causing the big guy to open his eyes in worry.

Don't mind as he was snoring earlier. 

How can one truly sleep deep in the jungle? 

With this disturbance from Glen Chu, he was up like a morning bird, knowing something was wrong. 

But Glen Chu didn't say a thing, placing a finger on his lips while slowly retracting his other hand covering Han Ming's mouth. 

With a few gestures, Han Ming understood his intentions.

{Get your things. Grab a weapon... We have company.}

.

Gulp~ 

Han Ming swallowed hard, knowing he couldn't make noise and alert the enemy. 

But what exactly were they up against? 

Glen Chu slowly crouched like Tarzan, moving close to the spy window he created that was the same size as the baseball-sized 360 tiny drone. 

And soon, the barrage only saw the screen split into 2. 

The left side showed Glen Chu and Han Ming in their fortress, while the right side showed the dastardly intruders that surrounded their camp.

Hiss!~

Many sucked in their breaths, almost fainting from horror when seeing the ghoulish enemies that bombarded the scene. 

[Wolves! Wolves! The Anchor is dead!]

Awoo~

A sigh, haunting howl sliced through the air on cue, as one by one several burly wolves revealed themselves from the shadows with glowing eyes and sharp teeth that drilled with menace. 

And with how fierce the system was in captivating their true essence, many watching quickly dropped their phones in fear, very scared to look at these wolves through the screen.

Mommy... 

[Wipe! The picture quality left me soaking in urine, I'm nervous.]

[Damn, are all wolves thus scary looking?]

[I decided to see what the hype is about with this anchor my friend recommended... Unexpectedly, I enter and see this scene.]

[Fuck! What sort of evil operation is this? Anchor, anchor, what will you do now?]

[Seeing the wolves come up, I immediately dropped my phone in the toilet. But can I say I'm too scared to reach in and grab it? Why do I think this toilet seat looks like a wolf's mouth?]

[Praying for the anchor...]

[Anchor, please be safe.]

-----

Wolves! Wolves! 

They were watching real and alive wolves prepare themselves for a late-night snack.

What's on the menu, you ask?

Of course, it was Brother Ming and the anchor.

Everyone knew the anchor was strong. 

But how can he alone fight a pack of wolves and survive? 

Already, many were contacting their local police stations, wanting someone to hurry up and save their anchor. 

But even if the police get dispatched now, they can't arrive before the battle begins. 

Oh my God! 

The tension was killing them, watching both sides prepare to attack/defend. 

Butterflies in their tummies and sweat forming on their foreheads, everyone could only pray that the duo somehow hold on before help arrived!

[Please, please, don't die just yet, anchor.]

Glen Chu:... 

Don't die just yet? So when are you expecting him to die? 

Glen Chu ignored them, gripping his spear hard and nodding to Han Ming who was carrying so many spears on him that he looked like a weapon rack. 

"When I give the signal, we will leave through the side door. Remember, leave everything to me and just run!" Han Ming nodded vigorously, having built a great reliance on Glen Chu. 

He knew he wasn't as strong as him, so why be a drag and delay his brother's good deeds? 

Nodding like a peacock, Han Ming knew his role as a weapon carrier, who would hand over weapons to Glen Chu when needed. 

He knew his buddy top well. 

If Glen Chu truly needed his help, he would have made a plan that involved him fighting too. 

Sometimes, reality was more unbelievable than fiction. 

Han Ming felt it would be impossible for his buddy to handle everything on his own, but intuition told him otherwise.

"Got it!" Han Ming agreed, not knowing his older sister watching on the other end almost puked blood in fury, wondering how such a stupid person like him had grown up in society till now. 

7