Chapter 19
60 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Heavy silence flooded the barrage, as many began buying their fingers in horror. 
What's going to happen? 
How will this end? 
Will they watch the bones of their newly beloved anchor and his buddy get dragged and eaten live? 
Whether it was Rohtang the Extreme Sports enthusiast, Han Ming's family, or the onlookers, everyone felt their hearts monetarily stop when watching Glen Chu and Han Ming slowly rise, gathering their things before reaching the exitway they had prepared by the side. 
"Do we go now?"
"Not yet." Glen Chu replied, raising his hand to countdown. 
The screen was divided in two. 
Han Ming and Glen Chu are on one left, the outside Wolves on the right. 
As he counted down, everyone could see the first line of wolves slowly creep closer while lowering their bodies and blending in with nature. 
Their eyes were cold and their teeth very ferocious. 
But just when everyone feared for the worst, a sharp, ear-shattering cry pierced the sky. 
Pah! 
Several people slapped their thighs with emotion, throwing their hands in victory after seeing these waves fall into the many traps around the place. 
Oh My God! 
The drone left the tiny spy window, hovering above the air, only to show the horror of the traps. 
There lay several wolves covered in blood or sharp stakes pierced through their hearts as they squirmed pitifully within the pits. 
Wooooo~
Their howls were laced with hate and unwillingness for death. 
Hahhahahahaha~
[Take that, you yellow-eyed bastards! How dare you try sneaking up on the anchor and brother Ming?]
[I… I just want to say, anchor...  You ARE AWESOME!]
[BrightAssassin has gifted the anchor with 10 sofas! — God, my hands are still shaking.]
The once quiet barrage exploded with emotions and gifts from many. 
But the battle wasn't over. 
On the contrary, everyone knew it had just begun! 
Awooo! 
The wolves were not taking this attack lightly. 
They grunted and paced left to right severally, but still didn't give up. 
No! 
Now they took it personally! They must kill the bastards hiding inside that attacked their pack. 
In a high place, the Alpha wolf stood with rippling muscles beneath its sleek fur. 
It looked like a wolf on steroids. 
With a cold stare, it gave orders and several more wolves began inching in once more. 
Everyone saw them first patting the floor every step they took. 
And when the group was halfway through safely reaching the camp, everyone suddenly heard a faint whistling noise echoing in their ears. 
Like a blockbuster movie, they watched several deadly spears twirl with vicious intent in the air, spinning with so much momentum that upon impact, it left their victims to tremble slightly. 
[Fuck, why am I watching the equal to Moon Predator? Is this still real life?]
[I offer my shoelace as a sacrifice to the anchor. The anchor is just too strong!]
[Looking at the anchor's momentum, I now believe he has fought crocodiles in a swamp before.]
[My mom asked me why I'm watching my screen on my knees in the middle of the night. Long story short, she is now on her knees, attaching with me too.]
The barrage was again going crazy, as well as the Hans, who were since again shocked by Glen Chu's strength. 
Before, they felt their son/brother might be stupid to become a spear carrier whose only duty is to run while holding the spears. 
But seeing how swift and vicious Glen Chu's move was, their hearts now bubbled with hope, feeling the duo might just be able to succeed and pull through. 
Han Miju, Han Mina and Lily Jia (Mrs. Han), all clenched their fists, daring not to blimp even more a second. 
"You two must survive!"

Fheew! Fheew! Fheew!
The spears never stopped. 
Like a computer, Glen Chu quickly analyzed the best route in seconds, before throwing his head behind his shoulders with a widened mouth. 
"RUN!"
Han Ming's body reacted so fast, knowing Glen Chu had created the perfect opening for them to flee. 
'Come on, legs, don't fail me now!'
Han Ming gritted his teeth, forcing his chubby body to run as fast as it could. 
What sleep? What foot cramps? What tiredness? 
In moments like these, one feels nothing but the pounding adrenaline that infects them. 
Awooo!~
The surviving quickly noticed their actions, chasing behind the duo with duress spitting out their eyes. 
Get them! Get those humans! 
The loss they suffered today wasn't small. 
Not all the wolves injured died. 
Only a handful were dead. 
Most were just too injured to fight. 
The hunting pack of wolves was furious, with all the remaining 13 chasing the duo with all their might. 
The hunting group was quite large in number, meaning the entire wolf pack population should also be massive.
Seeing Han Ming trying to look over his shoulders, Glen Chu quickly bellowed. 
"Keep going! Keep going!! Trust me and deny look back!"
He wouldn't want Han Ming toppling over a stomp or a plant and falling. 
Now wasn't the time for accidents. 
In movies, most people fall because they are too busy panicking and looking over their shoulders from time to time.
If Han Ming was alone, then yes. But with him here, Han Ming's only concern should be the path ahead. 
As for where they were headed, Glen Chu recalled a place not too far from here. 
There were just too many of them. 
'It's the only way.' Glen Chu thought, watching the shafts of flickering shadows about the woods. 
They are catching up too fast.
'I need to buy time… but time for us to safely reach.'
Knowing this, Glen Chu quickly took out another 2-sided spear and broke it in half. 
"Buddy, they are here. But no matter what you hear, do not stop! Keep running! I will be right behind you!"

5