Fortieth Encounter
4.6k 9 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fortieth Encounter

“Ah! Sam! You really are here!” (woman 1)

“Mom?! What are you doing here?!” (Sam)

“Checking on you!!! David told me what happened to you, and I had to come make sure you’re okay!” (Sam’s mom)

“Um, nice to meet you.” (me)

There were two others in the room, but they were staying back it seems and just watching. One woman, and one man. 

“Oh my, I can’t decide if you’re cute or creepy… maybe both. Are you my new daughter in law? My name’s Becky.” (Becky) 

She held out her hand to me as she introduced herself. So I grabbed it with an arm tendril and shook her hand… I don’t really have hands. Feels kinda awkward to do a handshake without a hand.

“I’m Lily, and yeah, I guess I am something like that now?” (me)

“You guess? Well, I suppose you’ve not been able to have a ceremony here, huh?” (Becky)

“Uh, mom? I’d kinda prefer to avoid having a big ceremony. Especially since it’s not just a simple marriage. It’s… it’s complicated.” (Sam)

“What, are you starting a harem? Or is she starting a harem? Are you planning on having a few dozen husbands and wives, Lily?” (Becky)

“I don’t really know what will happen, but at this point we’re already up to me, Sam, and Emmara.” (me)

“I guess you’ll need to arrange something for when she’s around too, then. Is she not living with you like Sam?” (Becky)

“I’m only able to stay here because of the life pledge. We don’t know of any way for someone else to stay.” (Sam)

“It’s not just that, even if Emmara could stay, she’s got other things to do. She’s working with the Hero to protect this place.” (me)

“If you could leave, you could join her.” (Sam)

“I… I don’t think I’d really want to. I might be strong, but I don’t really like fighting.” (me)

“That’s normal. Most people aren’t the type to pick up a sword and do battle. Though it can be rough having to stay home while your partner goes out to fight.” (Becky)

“Not that you would know anything about that. You’re the one leaving your husband behind all the time.” (woman 2)

“Tenni, don’t say that! I’ve listened to him talk about it enough to know it’s hard, even without doing it myself! Though I admit he probably knows it better than I do, that doesn’t mean I’m totally ignorant.” (Becky)

“So, who are your companions, Becky?” (me)

“Tenni, and Benny. They’re retired adventurers who are also my neighbors and friends.” (Becky)

“We weren’t about to let her go alone after we heard about her plans.” (Benny)

“Plus, I really wanted a chance to meet you, Lily!” (Tenni) She offered up a hand, and I gave her a handshake as well… or is that a tentacle shake? She didn’t seem to let go though. “Soft and slick, this must feel really nice i-”

“Tenni! Save it for when I’m not here!” (Becky) 

“Sorry.” (Tenni) She finally let go of my tentacle tendril. “I’d really like to know how you manage to make a lubricant that doesn’t rub off on everything you touch. My hand still feels dry. If I could get some of that for my store...”

“Do you ever stop thinking about your store?” (Becky)

“I like to think I get her to forget about everything when I-” (Benny)

“No, I definitely find myself thinking about how I might make a toy to try and replicate the feeling you give me then.” (Tenni)

“Ugh, I almost regret taking you with me. This dungeon really just makes you two think of nothing but sex.” (Becky)

“Oh come on, you can’t tell me this dungeon doesn’t have that effect on you too!” (Tenni)

“Yeah, but I don’t have reason to talk about it every day. I’ve been listening to you two discuss how hard it’d be to replicate the movement of the tentacles in this place with a sex toy for the past week!” (Becky)

“Sorry. I guess we get a bit carried away.” (Tenni) Benny looked like he was about to say something, but stopped when Tenni glared at him. It was like she knew he was going to say something inappropriate. 

After that, the conversation moved to more boring subjects, like how few of Sam’s childhood friends were still living in town (three), and the current state of the small farm they had (pretty good). I didn’t really pay much attention, and eventually fell asleep. Sam seemed to be encouraging me to sleep well, helping me place my head in his lap, as if he wasn’t too keen on extending the conversation. It was getting pretty long. Are they planning to chat for a whole day?

***Author Note***

What Benny would’ve said had he not been stopped, was that they also discussed how good it would feel, and which tentacles seemed like they’d offer the best stimulation. 

I had originally planned on a somewhat different outcome, but realized I had no way to get rid of Sam’s mom. She spent so much effort to see him, she’s not about to leave until after she’s talked his ear off, and time is up. So her friends don’t really get a chance to discuss what they’d really like to talk about.

107