Forty-third Encounter
4.4k 16 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Forty-third Encounter

“Hey, Sam, what do you know about spirits?” (me)

“Not much. There’s four famous spirits, one in each of the four directions. A spirit of fire in the desert to the north, a spirit of earth in the mountains around here somewhere, a spirit of nature in the forest, and a spirit of salt in the sea.” (Sam)

“A spirit of salt? Not water?” (me)

“There is a spirit of water, but they live in a freshwater lake, not the salty sea.” (Sam)

*creak*

“DeVito!?” (me)

“Who the hell’s Devito?” (not DeVito)

“Sorry, you just look exactly like him.” (me)

“What, is he famous?” (not DeVito)

“Not, here. He was pretty famous where I grew up, but not here. Far, far away.” (me)

“Well, I’m pretty sure I’m not famous. Name’s Danny.” (Danny, not DeVito)

… seriously? Is there some god copying things from my world when they made this one?

“Uh, nice to meet you, I’m Lily, and this is Sam.” (me)

“Hi.” (Sam)

“I’m Mark.” (Mark)

“I’m Brad.” (Brad)

And that’s all three of the new adventurers introduced! That’s a rarity. I don’t usually bother getting names. Though I suppose proper greetings aren’t common as a boss in a dungeon.

“So, what would you three like to do? We have a bath in the back room, a bed, and me… and Sam, if you can convince him to do something.” (me)

“If I do something, I’d prefer it to be with you, Lily.” (Sam)

“Oh, you flatterer.” (me)

“I’m just gonna take a bath. Sounds nice.” (Danny)

“Yeah, I like that idea too.” (Mark)

“Hmmm… yeah, you two are right. Bath is best.” (Brad)

“Well, that’s boring.” (me)

“In this dungeon, boring is a good thing.” (Brad)

“Yeah, excitement in this place often means there’s a monster approaching. Your aura isn’t nearly as strong as the other bosses, which is a real nice change of pace.” (Mark)

“Ugh, yeah, the first time I tried this dungeon, I ended up losing myself to lust and started frotting a giant Dick Snake.” (Danny)

“What’s a Dick Snake? Is that a snake that looks like a dick?” (me)

“It’s a snake that looks like a dick, and has a pair of big dicks too. It’s seriously weird to fight the first time around.” (Mark)

“They didn’t seem that weird to me.” (Sam)

“Well, it was weird to me, because that was the first time I experienced wanting to fuck a dick. Before I entered this dungeon, dick was a turnoff. It still is normally, but all the lust poisons in this place mess with me. It’s weird.” (Mark)

“Still better than risking getting gutted by goblins.” (Brad)

“Yeah, I saw a guy die to that, in the forest once. Was a slow, horrible death.” (Danny)

“You didn’t have a healer who could heal him? That’s usually fixable if they survive the fight.” (Mark)

“It was the healer who was gutted. He couldn’t stay focused enough to heal himself properly. Part of why it took so long for him to die. He did a bad job of his attempt at healing, and just ended up dying slower.” (Danny)

“That sounds awful.” (me)

“Really awful.” (Sam)

“Yeah. It was.” (Danny)

“Enough! Let’s get to the bath already! No need to drown our hosts in sad stories.” (Mark)

After that awful tale, I just kinda sat in bed a little spaced out for a while. I didn’t really want to think about that story, but nothing else really came to mind. I think Sam was suffering the same problem, as we both just kinda sat together quietly staring at nothing.

***Author Note***

Wtf are these dice doing!?!? Lacking good ideas, I ask: How familiar is Lily with the next person to come in… 20. Uh… familiar due to outside factors? That means something from her past life, right? Freaking… how am I supposed to do that?!

I suppose you’ve already seen my solution… *sigh* stupid dice. 

97