Twenty-sixth Encounter
5.7k 8 119
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Twenty-sixth Encounter

Waking up in Sam’s arms, I noticed the room was back to normal, and we were lying together in the bed. It’s like the whole room gets reset to how it was when I first woke up in this world.

“Emmara’s gone, huh?” (me)

“Yeah. I’m sure she’ll be back though.” (Sam)

“I hope she doesn’t get disgusted by what she gives birth to.” (me)

“Maybe it’ll be different. Maybe who or what you lay your eggs in changes what is born.” (Sam)

“Hmmm… I suppose the whole thing isn’t exactly logical. I mean, I know I laid multiple eggs inside myself before, yet only gave birth to one creature.” (me)

“Right. There’s no real way to know how your reproduction works without experimenting and finding out. Maybe we can find a way for you to have proper children someday.” (Sam)

*sigh* “I hope so… my foolish desire for kids hasn’t gone away. I know it’s a bad idea, and I shouldn’t ask for it. Raising kids is not something I trust myself to do.” (me)

*creak*

“Time to get revenge now that the hero is gone.” (fake priest, Mason)

“Awww, I was hoping you’d be gone for good.” (me) I got up and took Sam with me as I retreated towards the bath. It’d be easier to fight with the doorway as a chokepoint, so I don’t get surrounded.

“I’m not so easy to get rid of, monster. Time to slay this servant of the dark god! May the light be with us!” (Mason)

“““““Light be with us!””””” (all 5 other men)

Retreating was a good call. It was far easier to defend myself when they couldn’t all attack at once. Though, with the fake priest in the back providing support, this was going to be a long fight. Though I do wonder: If he’s not a real priest, then where does his power come from? At least his healing doesn’t seem as potent as Emmara’s was.

This turned into a battle of endurance. I got few if any good hits in, and they got even fewer good hits in against me. Neither side had much injury, yet we were both visibly slowing as we got more and more tired. 

“Fuck! Can’t you guys handle one monster?!” (Mason)

One of the men collapsed, finally, and it looked like the others wouldn’t last much longer. The fake priest, however, was beginning to look frantic. This clearly wasn’t part of his plans.

“Damn! Keep her busy, your sacrifice will not be forgotten!” (Mason) he then took out some kind of paper and ripped it, vanishing. He must have brought one of those escape talismans.

“If you’d stop fighting, you can leave. I’m not going to rape you.” (me)

“Foul, fiend, we won’t be tricked by your words!” (man 1)

“We’re on our own now, we can’t win!” (man 2)

“I… need… rest…” (man 3) spoken well for a man too exhausted to even stand.

“Just back off.” (me)

One of them wouldn’t, but with him getting too tired, the fake priest no longer casting buffs, and others clearly losing the will to keep fighting, I was able to get in a solid blow and knock him out.

“Alright, are you all ready to talk now?” (me)

“Um, what about? Why aren’t you killing or raping us?” (man 2)

“I didn’t kill because you seem to be a bunch of fools who don’t even realize you’ve been tricked. Also, I just don’t like killing. As for rape, I don’t like rape either. If I’m gonna fuck someone, I want them to want it.” (me)

“Aren’t there lust poisons to make people want it?” (man 3)

“That’s not the same. That’s just drugging someone. I want a partner that will be happy at the end. Not someone who’ll just feel miserable about it later.” (me)

“But, you’re a monster.” (man 2)

“So? What’s that have to do with anything? I do what I want, and don’t do what I don’t want.” (me)

“Aren’t all monsters evil? Creations of the dark god to destroy humanity?” (man 1)

“I have no interest in destroying humanity.” (me)

“What are your goals?” (man 3)

“Um, to have fun. Enjoy life. Stuff like that.” (me)

“Uh, can we go now?” (man 2)

“Sure.” (me) I willed them gone, and they vanished. Fight finally over. I then slowly floated to the bed and collapsed on it. 

“Are you okay?” (Sam)

“Yeah, just exhausted. I wanna sleep a while.” (me) I really wouldn’t have lasted much longer. I’m glad they ran out of stamina before I did, or the end could’ve been very different.

***Author Note***

I actually rolled a die to determine if she’d win or lose this fight, and how lopsided it’d be. Die result said she’d barely win. I wonder how long it’ll take for the hero to realize the fake priest isn’t going to get past her.

119