Chapter 3 – Surprise visitor
22 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hello!?...Anyone?" Said the visitor in the empty dining room.

'A person!! I can't show myself all of the  sudden, neither show my face, voice or clothes or he might identify me. Ah, i know how i will do this' The invisible entity though in a moment.

He then proceeded to "change" clothes to a formal black suit with a gray shirt below and a pair of black gloves using the powers he learned earlier, and he waited a little to prepare mentally and show himself in a friendly manner.

Approaching the situation in a rather logical and calm manner, the visitor looked around and found that despite the room being quite luxurious and spacious, decorated with paintings, vases and things normal to have in a dining room, the room was within normal standards for a noble, but when he looked through the huge windows that were behind him, instead of a normal landscape, there was a endless dark void full of colorful stars, he had realized that he no longer was in the normal reality, but he didn't panic, instead, he decided to stay in this room for a while and avoid the possible unknown danger in other rooms.

"Is there anyone there!?" The visitor said aloud just to confirm if there any life in this suspicious mansion.

To the surprise of the visitor, close to the the chair at the start of the long table not far from him, a entity started to become visible as if a invisibility ink was falling off a creature, as the "ink" were falling more and more, he discovered that said entity is some kind of ordinary humanoid creature that looked like a young man wearing a formal suit, however where a face should be, there was something like a featureless mask made of black ink that is flowing upwards. With the life experience he had earned through hard work and through his predecessors he did not act hastily but decided to be cautious and try to be calm and respectful, at least for the moment.

It took a sew seconds but when said entity finished materializing, it gave the visitor a bigger surprise, because it started "speaking".

"(Greetings visitor/traveler, and no need to worry/fear i'am quite/rather lost and i was attempting/trying something new, and as a result/outcome, here you are)" Said the entity in a deep voice using a language that gives both a strange and a familiar impression.

'Strange, i can't understand a single word it is saying nor have i heard such language, but somehow i can understand the meaning  behind these words, like its some type of translation magic' Though the visitor. 

"Who are you sir? What you do want with me... sir?" Despite the entity appearing and sounding friendly the visitor choose not believe the entity because of the experience of his predecessors gained through sweat and blood, but nonetheless he tried to appear courteous to this unknown entity.

"(Who am i? Well, for certain reasons/motives i will not say my name, however, in return i will not ask yours, but if you have/need to address/call me by something, you can use the name/tittle of...)" The entity took a moment to think, then it remembered the warm sensation i had while dreaming of the void so it continued:  

"(Shadow... yes, Shadow is appropriate. In regards to what i want/desire, i already said. I was/am attempting/trying something new, and as a result/outcome you ended/arrived here, but do not worry/fear, you can go back to home/where you came, anytime, but before you go back/home, i have a proposition/suggestion that will probably bring many positive opportunities for you.)" Despite the Shadow's face being obscured by the blob of black liquid, the visitor could feel that the entity was smiling.

 Shadow found that it was now obvious that random people could be brought inside this space, so he was planning to bring a few more people here to take advantage of them having different backgrounds to get more useful information from different sources, of course, not for free.

He continued after a second "(In the future i plan/want to host meetings/reunions/gatherings with visitors/travelers like yourself, in said  meetings/reunions/gatherings you can exchange/trade, sell and buy information, arrange for items to be traded or make other deals like missions or commissions, you might be able to make deals directly with me if you so desire. So, what is your answer sir?)"

The visitor plan was to gather more information regarding this mysterious entity to report to his superiors  and others in his line of duty, as to avoid danger if they came across something similar, and the so called proposition was similar to the kind of magical deal many encountered in the past, so he was not much surprised, and  It was common sense in this world that people shouldn't accept deals from unknown entities but those in his line of duty often treaded unknown and dangerous paths, so he was more than willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good so he responded with a strong sense of self sacrifice:

"I accept to participate in said gathering. When they will happen, mr. Shadow?"

Shadow pondered for a moment and said: "(I plan on hosting them every Sunday at 15:00, but for today i will only be giving a invitation to you, mr... sir?... Of course! It is necessary that before you go back/home we should find/arrange a suitable name/tittle for you, to keep your privacy, so, how would you like to be addressed/called?)"

"hmm, Professor, i choose the name Professor if that's alright for you mr. Shadow?" The visitor said after some though.

"(It is ok/adequate. Just two more warnings, First, as i stated/i would rather respect you privacy so i will give you a mask to hide your face from other visitors/travelers, just like this.)"

With the snap of Shadow's fingers a floating medium sized mirror appeared close to Shadow, and this mirror was reflecting Professor's image, that at this instant had a blob of black liquid like a featureless mask in front of his face, just like "Mr. Shadow", despite the appearance of said mask Professor could see his surroundings very well  as if said mask was inexistent.

Before Professor could appreciate this mysterious phenomenon he felt as if Shadow stopped smiling and he heard Shadow say "(Second, and this is quite obvious, i would appreciate/like if you don't spread/share information about me or our gatherings without my permissions to 'outsiders', even those very close to you, if you do, i will discover it, and it will have rather unpleasant consequences, that's all)"

He continued: "(Do you have any question?)"

The professor said nervously: "No sir! Thank you you for the generous reminder."

Shadow finished the discussion with a "(Good, that is all for today, you can go back now.)" And simultaneously he cut off most of the connection between himself and Professor while still maintaining a superficial link between the two, and as result the human form of Professor returned to being a small reddish brown star, that now had a connection to Shadow only visible to himself.

Now alone, Shadow could act normally and because he felt his energies being drained bit by bit while talking to professor, at the end he felt as if he had spent a third of his energies and as a result he was quite tired, so he went "outside" and proceeded to sleep comfortably in bed to recover his energies and to prepare for a new day.

...

02:45 in the morning when he was in deep sleep, two shadows appears around his bed and "look" at him while he sleeps, and after 5 minutes they leave, with no trace left behind

...

In a government building full of books and documents:

A man  with a strong build, a short reddish brown hair carefully combed backwards, possessing a manly face that with a pair of dark blue eyes, suddenly "woke up" and noticed that he was sitting at his desk with a cup of cold coffee in the corner and there was books and documents all across the room, it was his usual and familiar workplace,he looked at the clock in the wall and was 00:15, he got up from his chair and wanted to report to his superior about the supernatural event that he encountered, but he was quickly stopped by the fresh memory of the last warning given by the mysterious entity, so he sat back on the chair and fell in deep thought. After a few minutes he packed his stuff and went back home to analazy better what he had encountered and to get some rest.

...

06:15 in the morning, a new day starts.

Who the hell is This "Shadow" dude!!??

 

For those really dense, what is written in between ( ) is what is being spoken in another language :[🤯

 

Who do you think is the person called shadow?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
2