Ch_2 The System’s Gift
213 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I called out lightly, " System?"

The System replied, " Yes host How can I help you?"

I sighed in relief to find out that I was not hallucinating. I asked, " Which kind of system you are?"

The System replied, " I am an Inventory system."

I asked in confusion " Inventory system?"

I have read about many kinds of systems in system genre novels, but what is this Inventory system?

The system replied, " Yes, host."

I know what inventory is but it's a function of a system, not a system itself, So I asked, " What do you mean by Inventory system? I mean I know what Inventory is in the system but isn't it just an auxiliary function of any system?"

The system replied, " I didn't know that the host knew about the existence of the system. But no host, not every system has the Inventory function, and those which have has limited amount of inventory space. Whereas the Inventory system has an unlimited amount of space. "

I wasn't able to understand this system function thing so I asked again, " System, What is your main function? I mean doesn't all systems have an inventory function? So, how can your main function become an Inventory function?"

The system replied, " I don't know what the host is talking about. First of all, the host is wrong about the systems. Not every system has an inventory function as an auxiliary function. There are only some systems that possess an inventory function as an auxiliary function, and the space that their inventory function provides is very limited, while mine is infinite, that is why it's my main function. Now, host, You understand what I am saying?"

I heard what it said, Now I know what is going on. First of all the thing I was thinking about the system was from the fictional novels and mangas which were written by humans. Second I have never actually heard about someone getting a real system in real life so how would I know how the actual system works? I was just mixing my fictional knowledge with the real knowledge because of which I was getting confused.

I said, " I understand now, Thank you for explaining me properly."

The system replied, " You are welcome host, And that's my work."

I didn't comment on that and asked another question, " Then Since your main function is the Inventory Function. What is your Auxiliary function system?"

The system replied, " My Auxiliary function is an Appraisal function but like I said before Auxiliary function can give you very limited amount of power and my Appraisal function is the same."

I sighed in relief hearing this, Even though the Appraisal function is not very strong, having it is more than enough. I said, " That's good, please help me in future."

The system replied, " You are welcome host, and of course, I will help host as much as I can."

I nodded at that when suddenly the system said something. " Does the host like to accept the gift of the system now?"

I asked in surprise, " You have prepared a gift for me?"

The system replied, " Of course host."

Now I was surprised but I still answered, "Okay, Let me see." and suddenly a box materialized in front of me. I was startled at this, I took some deep breaths and said, " Next time warn me or I will get a heart attack if something pops up like this out of nowhere so suddenly at front of me."

The system replied in an embarrassing tone, " Sorry host I was just a little excited." I wave my hand and look at the box.

The box was not very big and It was wrapped in gift paper. Seeing this I asked, " Can I open it?"

The system replied excitedly, " Of course host, this is for you." I unwrapped the gift paper and a fully white colored box emerged. This box was not very big and looked like a watch box.

I opened the box carefully and inside I found an electric watch-like thing. The watch has green, white, and black colours, The design on the watch is making an "X" symbol.

Seeing this watch I became surprised and said out loud, " This looks like an Omnitrix." The system replied excitedly, " You are the correct host. This is the Gift I got for you from the Ben 10 universe. Do you like it?"

I asked in shock, " From Ben 10 universe? is this watch the real Omnitrix?"

The system replied with a proud tone, " Of course host, this is the real Omnitrix. I got this made by Azmuth, the Galvan, for the host."

I said excitedly, " If this is real then it's amazing. This is one of the most powerful items I know of belonging to the fictional multiverse but I don't think that the fictional universe is fictional anymore if this thing also exists in reality." But then I thought, ' Am I living in reality or in my dream right now? But when I thought about me possessing Omnitrix I thought, ' Who cares about these Useless things as long as I have an Omnitrix and also the system which is very generous too.'

The system replied with a happy tone, " I am delighted you like my gift host."

I nodded at her reply with a smile and touched the watch in the box when suddenly the watch lit up in green light and attached itself to my left hand's wrist.

I nodded at that and thought it was really real. I tried to get it out from my wrist with force without thinking about removing it but it didn't even budge but when I thought about removing it. It automatically loosen itself on my wrist enough to get it out.

For me, this was really an amazing thing, Controlling an item with a thought. I also realized something, This is the omnitrix from Ben 10's Omniverse saga, Meaning that it is a complete omnitrix as this omnitrix doesn't have any flaws and weaknesses from the omnimetrix and untimetrix but has the function of both omnitrix.

I said with a grateful tone to the system, " Thank you for this gift system. This thing was one of my childhood dream and you have given me this thing making my dream come true, for this I am really grateful. Thank you system."

The system replied, " You are welcome host."

I said, " You shouldn't call me host now system, If you do this then I will feel like I do not appreciate you. I know we have just met but you have given me something which is, I don't know how to say in words but I don't feel good now hearing you call me host. You should call me James."

The system replied, " Okay, I will call you James, So you should also call me Taniya."

I nodded at that and said, " Okay Taniya."

Then I look at the Omnitrix and touch the top of the Omnitrix. Suddenly a circular hologram with some icons pops out. I didn't startle this time because I knew this was going to happen. After that, I tried to touch the hologram but my fingers passed through it, Well I knew this gonna happen anyway. I then tried to rotate the hologram with the buttons on the hologram. I can't touch the hologram but my fingers can feel it.

I checked all the Icons on the hologram and found that right now there are only 10 Icons present on the circular hologram, meaning that I have only 10 alien forms available to use.

I found that the aliens which are in unlocked form are Heatblast/ Pyronite, Four Arms/ Tetramand, Piscciss Volann/ Ripjaws, Vulpimancer/ Wildmutt, Petrosapien/ Diamondhead, Galvan/ Grey Matter, Galvanic Mechamorph/ Upgrade, Kineceleran/ XLR8, Lepidopteran/ Stinkfly and Ectonurite/ Ghostfreak. "

These are all the ten initial aliens Ben got when he first got Omnimetrix. I am really happy that I also got these 10 alien forms at the start.

I look through the alien's icons and touch the icon of grey matter/ Galvan form. As I did that suddenly the top of the watch slid itself to the side and the middle part of the watch popped upwards. I gently pressed it down to its place, I didn't hit it like Ben did as I thought it might break for some reason. Yeah, I can break one of the most durable items in the multiverse with my average human strength.

As I did that suddenly my viewpoint changed. I looked around to find everything bigger than me but I didn't find this weird instead I felt everything the same. It was nothing different for me, It is kind of weird since I thought I should be feeling something different but I felt how I usually feel making things more weird for me. I stood up and went to the middle of the bed where the mirror was put down by me.

I looked at myself, and saw that I now looked like a grey matter but a realistic grey matter looked different then a 2D one. When I saw myself in the mirror I didn't feel like I was unfamiliar with this form and I could tell How I looked compared to other Grey Matters even though this was my first time seeing a Grey Matter. And I found that I am quite good-looking in my grey matter form which is good I guess.

It's kind of a weird experience for me because I am not feeling weird suddenly turning into another species from my human self. Right now I am feeling like I was always a Galvan. I don't feel like human anymore but I don't know what's the difference. It's kind of a weird feeling but it doesn't feel weird which makes it even more weird. Not only this but I am not even feeling any kind of uncomfortableness when I should be feeling according to me.

As I was checking my Grey matter form suddenly I heard someone's footsteps behind the door and someone started opening the locks on the door. I suddenly thought about changing back to my original form and again my viewpoint changed but I didn't feel any kind of uncomfortable sensation. Now I throw this thought back of my head and get down from the bed and waited for the people to come inside.

After opening the door I saw Sofia coming into the room with another woman. This new woman was wearing a different kind of clothes which looked like a shirt and pants. they are of navy blue color with a hat on top of her head. She has little tan skin but she still looks beautiful. She looks like someone with a mixed bloodline of Japanese and Indian race. By the way, Sofia looks like a pure Indian woman from north India.

Sofia asked, " Have you already eaten?" I gave her a nod and said, " Yeah, Thank you for the food and the clothes. The food was also very delicious."

Sofia nodded with a smile hearing this and then pointed at the woman beside her, " This is Officer Clara, She came here to write your report. She will ask you some questions and you can answer her."

I nodded at that and also greeted Clara, " Hello Miss Clara, You can call me James."

Clara nodded and said, " Hello Mister James, I came here to write a report about you. You don't have to give me all your information. You can just tell me where you come from as we haven't found any ID on you to recognize from where you are."

I scratched my head and said with an embarrassed face, " To tell you the truth I also don't know, I only know that I was in the forest, and when I woke up again from my exhaustion I was here."

Clara asked, " Does that mean that you are living in the forest with someone?"

I don't know what she meant but since she is the one who is creating the story I thought why not follow her? So, I replied, " Yeah, something like that." To this, Clara nodded and wrote something in the notebook she was carrying with her and continued, " Can you tell me with whom you were living?"

I said, " I was living with my parents but they suddenly disappeared leaving me six months ago. From then I was living alone."

Clara asked in surprise, " Alone? You don't have a partner?"

Hearing this I don't know what to say, Is she asking me if I am married or not? why she is asking this kind of question but I still replied politely, " No, I don't have a wife."

Clara and Sofia both shook their head and Sofia said, " No, Not wife, what she meant is don't you have your Monster Partner?"

Now I don't know what to say or how to reply to this as I don't know if it was common to have a monster as your partner or not but from the way she asked the question, I think it is a pretty common thing.

I said, " I don't know what you guys are talking about."

Sofia replied this time saying, " It's understandable, As you have lived in the forest most of your life. You might not know about many things."

I said while scratching the back of my head, " Yeah sorry for that." Sofia shook her head and said, " Don't worry, it's not your fault anyway. You are alive and well is more important."

Clara then asked, " Okay you can give me the name of your parents." I gave her the names I made up and she nodded and said, " Okay this much is enough."

I nodded and said, " Thank you for your hard work." To this Clara just shook her head and said, " No problem, it's my job anyway."

Then Sofia asked Clara, " Now he is free to leave right?" To this, Clara just nodded and said, " Since I have finished my work, I will take my leave."

I and Sofia nodded and I said, " Take care." Clara turned away and said," You too." Then she went out of the room.

Sofia looked at me and said, " Now, You are free to leave whenever you want."

I nodded and said, " Thank you for taking care of me." But then I said, " I don't have anything to pay you though."

Sofia waved her hands and said, " No worries, no worries, it's free for the first treatment here anyways and you were a special case so it's okay."

I nodded and said, " Thank you." She shook her head and said, " Enough thank you's, Now that you are free to leave do you wanna go to the temple right now? I am visiting there to pray, you can also come with me to get your starter Monster partner from there. What do you think?"

I thought about that and said, " Okay. and thank you again." She nodded and said, " Okay follow me."

10