Ch_4 Can’t afford them.
117 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When we finally reached our destination, I saw that many people crowded the place with their Pokemon. I also saw many people who came with their children.

I asked Sofia looking at the crowd, " What is going on? Why there are so many people here?"

She said, " They are tourists or people who come from other regions to get their child's first monster partner. You see this temple is like a pilgrimage for the people of this world who think that living with their monster partner is the right choice."

I asked in surprise, " From other regions, Why would they come from other regions to here to get their child's first monster?"

She said, " Of course, they don't only come here to get their child's first monster for religious reasons. You see this is an extraordinary place in the world. So, of course, we also have to arrange something special. In this temple, you can get many kinds of monsters to choose from and even the Royal monsters of all regions can be found here."

I asked in confusion, " Royal monsters? What are those? A kind of royalties in the monster kingdom like a lion, tiger, elephant and more in the animal kingdom."

She said, " Yeah something like those animals. You see, every region has their royal monsters which are tamable. They of course gain intelligence after evolution but before that, they are like normal animals. The most important thing about this monster is that they can even defeat the monsters of dragon types if trained well."

I asked in surprise, " Dragon types are the strongest monsters?"

She shook her head and said, " No and Yes, They are strongest in their base state but other types of Pokemon are also strong. I compare dragon type with these royal monsters because they can defeat them with only their raw power sometimes."

I asked, " You said sometimes means the probability of the royal monsters defeating the untamable monsters is low."

She said, " Well, yeah that's true after all the wild untamable monsters are different from other kinds of monsters. They like to train and because of their society work like us they don't have to care about food like wild animals. They also trade with other kind of monsters and even sometimes humans."

I nodded at what she said and thought, ' Now, this is seriously something else. It's like humans are living in this world with other intelligent beings but those intelligent beings are more powerful and intelligent than humans but still like to co-exist with them.'

I said, " That's a fascinating thing. But are humans okay with there being another kind of monster like them? I mean, intelligent being like them."

She said with a laugh, " Hahaha, you don't have to correct yourself, as we are also monsters with our power being able to bond with other monsters, and yeah there are many humans who don't like those untamable monsters because our power is to bond with monsters and tame them. And them being more intelligent than us also makes many people angry but what can you do? For me, it's a good thing as being the only intelligent animal in the world is not a good thing. We wouldn't have cared about the environment if that had happened. You can say that those creatures are making sure that we don't do anything outrageous."

I nodded at what she said as what she said was true. On Earth, humans have already destroyed the ecosystem and many species have gone extinct because of them. there are also outrageous things invented by humans like nuclear bombs and other things that can not only damage humans but also the environment. I thought, 'If Pokemons somehow found my world then they would just destroy it first before asking why we did that to our world.'

I nodded at her and said, " Well, that's true. It's good that someone is keeping a check on us."

I looked at Chan Chan, who also smiled at me and I smiled back. I then asked, " By the way, How this getting your monster partner thing is arranged? I mean from where you guys can get so many monsters to satisfy the demand of normal people."

She said looking at me, " I think you are misunderstanding something. The people who come here may seem many but are not that many. Most people bought their child's first Pokemon directly from the shop. And there are many reasons for that, One of the reasons is food. Think about what will happen if your family is middle-class family but you get a Charmander as your first monster partner here. It might sound like an amazing thing. But it's not, even if you get a Charmander you can't train it because of the limited space in your home. You will also need to purchase special kinds of food for Charmander like Monster which are very expensive. Getting a Charmander like a monster in a middle-class family is like a curse of making you poor."

I looked in amazement and thought, ' Woah, What the fu*k. Just raising a Pokemon like Charmander can make you bankrupt and directly make you poor.'

I then realised something and asked, " Why did you take me here then? I mean I don't have money to even feed myself forget about my monster partner."

She looked at me with realization too and said, " Oh, Yeah, you don't have money nor a job. Hmmm, Now that you said it I think you should start your life first before caring about other's life."

I nodded at her and thought with a sigh, ' Yeah, I can't afford a Pokemon right now and I don't even know what Pokemon can be considered rare and what Pokemon is considered best in this world. Of course, this world doesn't have a concept of every Pokemon is equal. So, it's better for me to first research the kind of Pokemon that can be found in the world and see how expensive it is to raise different kinds of Pokemon. Even though I have my cheats, I am still not used to using them and I still don't know the full power of my alien forms. So, it's good to wait before choosing the kind of Pokemon I want.'

I said, " Okay, let's do that. I also don't think I can raise monsters with my empty pockets."

She nodded and said, " Good decision, Now let's go and pray, then I will show you how you can register to get your Pokemon here. After that, we will go to the police station for your ID and from there you can do anything you feel is right for you. What do you think?"

I said, " Okay."

We then talk about other things to divert us from the serious topic. Then we finally came to the main gate of the temple. The gate of this temple is monstrously huge. I have only seen the Taj Mahal in images so I can't compare it with the Taj Mahal Plus I don't know how to measure something with my eyes. The only thing I can say about this gate is that it's so huge, that I can't even see its top from here.

I said out loud, " This is huge, I can't even see the middle part of the gate."

Sofia said, " Well, we are so near the gate so Of course we can't see the middle part. After all this gate is 5000m long."

I looked at her in surprise and asked dumbly, " How long?"

Sofia said with pride, " 5000m long and this gate is wide enough for 100 big Taurus carts to pass through it in one go."

A big Taurus cart is not a simple cart, it's bigger than the school buses of Earth and it is pulled by Four huge Taurus. Amazingly 100 kinds of those things can go through this huge gate easily in one go.

I asked dumbly, " Isn't it too much, I mean just how big this temple is if its gate is so big."

She gave a hand sign to a Taurus cart at the gate of the Temple and said, " So, big that we can't walk to the main temple on our legs, We have to go there using this Taurus cart."

I nodded at her and followed her inside the Taurus cart. The inside of the cart was not something like the common carts of a medieval era but it was like the Air conditioner buses of the modern era of earth. I found that there were 12 comfortable seats inside the cart. Three seats are grouped into one and there are a total of four groups of three seats. Two groups on each side and between them is an empty place for walking.

The cart was also a spacious place not tightly packed, I followed Sofia and she sat on the left side's first window seat. I sat beside her and beside me was Chan Chan who was talking with Espeon something who sat on Chan Chan's lap.

We waited for some time and finally, some more people came into the cart filling all the seats. After the cart became full with passengers, it finally started moving and the movement of the cart was also smooth nothing like you would imagine from a cart. The combination of modern technology with medieval designs is weird but at the same time very cool and amazing to see and experience.

I asked about the cooling air in the carriage and Sofia told me that the cooling air in the cart was coming from a kind of item which can produce cool air with electricity. But unlike air conditioners on our earth, it doesn't produce any dangerous gas which can pollute our environment. The weird item takes a special kind of energy from the atmosphere and converts it into pure cold energy. Then there is another item which dilutes the cold energy and gives us cool air.

The technology of this world is fascinating to me. There are Pokeballs, a teleporter and this air conditioner-like thing which is eco-friendly. Maybe I will find even more fascinating technologies in the future.

I looked at the people present in the cart and saw that there were some Pokemons with humans and also some children. I spotted three children in the cart right now who seemed to be going to get their first monster.

9