Ch_3 The weird era
146 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I followed Sofia outside the room and came into the hallway. The hallway was dark and lit by the fire torches at both sides of the wall. When I came out of the hallway I was suddenly hit by the white light because of which I instinctively closed my eyes. But when I opened my eyes back I was very surprised by the kind of scenery I saw.

I thought I was in some medieval era where the technology was still backwards but this doesn't seem to be the case here as I found myself surrounded by lights emitting from the modern world LED lights. I look at the big hall room where no one is present except for The Pink egg-shaped creature, Chan Chan. If I am not wrong then maybe this is Sofia's Monster partner.

I look around the hall room that is lit by the LED lights. At the Ceiling I saw many Ceiling fans, There are also some computers on the desks and in one place many chairs are placed. This structure reminds me of the hospital's reception hall.

I also saw other corridors in the hall room which seemed to go towards other hallways. I saw that some hallways are like the hallway I came from but most were normal hallways that were lit by normal LED lights.

Seeing this I got confused as to why there were different kinds of hallways one lit by fire torches and the other by LED lights.

Sofia looked at me and said, " Are you surprised seeing all this? Well, it's understandable, you have lived your whole life in the forest. Of course, these things will be new for you. You see we get many cases like you, many people in the world go to live in the forest to deepen their bond with their monster partners. In the end, many live their whole life in the forest and also form family, Because of this we have to make special kinds of room when someone like you is found. Most people who have never seen these kinds of things become very surprised by seeing this new thing and experiencing new kinds of technology. We haven't found any kind of ID on you so we have to assume that you are like one of them."

I nodded at what she said and asked, " By the way, How can I get my ID?"

She said, " Don't worry about that as Clara will already prepare your ID. We will go to the station after you get your monster partner from the temple."

I said, " Okay."

She then started explaining to me about the different kinds of electronics present in the hall room. She pointed at different kinds of electronics like the LED lights, Fan on the Ceilings, The computers on the desk, The weird kind of machine which is an Item teleporter machine and other things.

I was fascinated by the item teleporter machine. This machine can teleport objects from one machine to another machine.

I nodded at her when she was explaining things and also asked some questions about the teleporter thing. I learned that the teleporter machine can only teleport small items. But even this is cool for me as just teleporting things from one place to another place is amazing. This thing made me excited as I didn't know this kind of thing could exist in the real world.

I said excitedly, " I understand everything here so you don't have to teach me about these things anymore. We should go to the temple now as I am excited to see which other fascinating things I can see outside."

Seeing me all excited, Sofia laughed and said, " Now you are acting like a ten-year-old kid who found something amazing."

I replied to her, " Of course, for me all of this is amazing and this item teleporter thing is just mind-blowing." I thought, ' I should check this thing in my grey matter form in the future.'

Seeing me Sofia shook her head and said, " Okay, let's go after I call out my other monsters from the Monster balls."

I became confused hearing the term monster balls and she suddenly took out two small marble-like things that looked like the white and red normal Pokeballs. She pressed the white button on the balls and both of them became Baseball ball's size balls. Now I can say that they are really like Pokeballs from the Pokemon series. Then suddenly a red laser-like light emitted from the balls and formed two white silhouettes.

The white silhouettes in the end took the form of two new creatures. Both of these creatures looked like cats, one with a fox-like tail, rabbit-like ears and a big fur coat around its chest. The colour of its fur was different shades of brown in different places.

The other one is bigger than the previous one mentioned. The bigger cat-like creature possessed a pink-colored smooth fur and even though this colour is weird, it suits this creature very well, giving it kind of an elegant vibe. But this is not the weirdest thing about this creature, The weirdest thing was its eyes which gave me the feeling of staring at the cosmos when I looked into it.

Seeing Chan Chan and the two other creatures I suddenly felt a kind of Dejavu and suddenly thought of using my Appraisal functions on them. I first started with Chan Chan, I thought about using my appraisal function on her and suddenly a hologram screen popped up.

[ Name: Chan Chan

Species: Chansey

Gender: Female

Age: 13 Years old

Lvl: 50

Moves: Heal Pulse, Light Screen, Egg bomb, Sing, Healing wish, Double slap, Refresh ]

I saw the name of the species and thought about the famous medical Pokemon but I still first checked the Status of the other two before making any conclusion.

[ Name: Eva

Species: Eevee

Gender: Female

Age : 3 years old

Lvl: 22

Moves: Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip ]

[ Name: Lorein

Species: Espeon

Gender: Female

Age: 7 years old

Lvl: 35

Moves: Confusion, Tackle, Helping hand, psybeam, Healing pulse, Teleport ]

After looking at the other two, I finally conclude that the monster these people are talking about are actually the Pokemons. I don't know why they are still calling them monsters since the Pokeballs already seem to have been invented which are also called monster balls.

As I was thinking about this suddenly Sofia called me out, Awake me from my deep thinking zone. She said, " What happened? You suddenly become surprised and zone out after seeing my other monsters."

I shook my head to get myself out of my still lingering thoughts and then replied, " Nothing, I was just shocked by seeing this thing coming out of these small balls, that's all." Then I looked at the Pokeballs in her hand and thought about checking them too in my grey matter form.

She nodded at my reply and said, " Well, don't worry it will take some time but you will get used to these things. Now let's go to the temple, and see what kind of monster partner you will get."

I nodded and said with a smile, " Yeah, let's go and see what kind of monster I will get."

She nodded and first picked up the Eevee into her arms and started walking. I was following her and beside me was Chan Chan, the
Espeon was beside Sofia following her like her bodyguard. ' It's look cute.' I thought.

After coming out of the building I saw the road and this time again became surprised. I thought I was in the modern era just some minutes ago but now I see horse and bull carts instead of Cars. I also saw many pedestrians in different kinds of clothing and some even wearing armour-like clothing. Now I seriously don't know in which era I came to.

I saw some people riding on some Pokemon carts like Taurus carts and Dodrio carts too. It looks like the transporting vehicles of this place are Animals and Pokemon carts. I then look at the building behind me where I just came from and show the name " Pokemon Center of Vera City" written on the signboard with bold words. I thought seeing this name and thought, ' Okay, I am in some kind of alternative Pokemon world I think and Sofia seems to be the Nurse joy of this Pokemon centre.'

I can understand and read the languages with the help of the system. It seems to be the other function of the system.

Sofia looked at me and said, " What do you think? Surprised?"

I nodded my head and thought ' I am really surprised right now, I don't even know what is going on.' But I said, " I didn't know people ride in monster carts too."

She said, " Well, it's nothing special, They are special kinds of monsters who like to pull carts filled with people. They are kind of weird things as they like when someone rides their carriages because of which they are taught to pull carriages."

I nodded at that and then continued to follow her. On the road, I saw many different kinds of things, For example, the buildings and how the building is being constructed. I saw that the buildings are actually made in medieval Japanese era style and it is also the same for the roads. I can see many cherry blossom trees and other kinds of trees which makes the city look like an evergreen city.

The construction of the building is done by both humans and Pokemon giving a fascinating display of harmony between the creature and the human. The Pokemons mainly used for the construction work, I saw were Geodude and Diglett. The wooden work was done especially by human craftsmen.

I also saw many men and kids wearing clothing like me. The brown shirt and pants, the clothes look plain but they still looked very good on them. The women and girls on the other hand wore many different kinds of clothing but most of them wore normal Japanese kimonos of different designs.

I also learned from Sofia that the people wearing the armour-like clothing are adventurers who go into the forests and other regions to experience many kinds of dangerous and exciting adventures with their monster partners. They are also the ones who do many dangerous jobs but Most wealthy people are also from the Adventurer occupation. I also learned that the Pokemon Center also work as a guild for adventurers, from where they can get the quest and register for becoming an adventurer.

Pokemon Center also has a special lodging facility for adventurers with a dining facility. I asked her why I didn't see anyone in the Pokemon Center and she said that her Pokemon Center had just been created and still not opened for public use. She will open it officially after 3 days with the opening ceremony.

I asked how many Pokemon Centers are in this city and she told me that hers is going to become the 5th one. The central Pokemon Center of this City. She seemed to be proud of becoming the Central Pokemon Center's Nurse Joy of Vera City. The other four Pokemon Centers are on the North, West, South and East side of the Vera City. I also learned from her that Vera City is actually one of the Big cities in this region. And the name of this Region is actually Kanto Region.

' So, Adventurers are like Pokemon trainers, Guilds are like Pokemon Centers or more like they are Pokemon Centers and I am currently at Kanto Region, the First region of the Pokemon show.' I thought.

I talked with Sofia about different kinds of things which I saw on the road. I also found out that the electricity is generated by the electric-type Pokemons in the powerplant, not with other kinds of methods. She told me that the relationship between the monster and humans is like that of a symbiotic where one helps the other. I don't know what help humans are giving to Pokemons. A place to stay maybe, I don't know.

I also learned that not every monster will form a bond with humans, for example, the Pokemons of Fighting, dragon, dark, psychic and fairy types. They are very intelligent compared to other monsters and like to stay in their community. But there are also some rare cases where these types of monsters also form bonds with some humans.

The ghost type is considered a very mysterious type of monster as not many people have seen them and those who have seen them have either died or gone insane.

I thought this kind of setting was different from the Pokemon show as in the show every kind of Pokemon is tameble but in this real world, it doesn't seem to be the case. But I think this is not weird as the things that are shown in the show were for entertainment the real world is a different thing.

Pokemon are divided into domesticated ones and wild untamed ones. The Pokemon that can be tamed by humans directly without any difficulties are domesticated ones.

Wild ones on the other hand are very hard to be tamed. The easiest and most direct way to tame the wild Pokemon is to defeat it with your own hands. This means that without the help of others, not even our Pokemon are allowed in this kind of fight.

Of course, this is not a task that a normal human can do. But Humans still can't be underestimated because humans have created different kinds of weapons to defeat the Pokemons in head-on battles. Some are super-strength potions or other things that can give a temporary boost to the body of a human when injected with it. The other are weapons that are coated with paralyses poison to make the Pokemon unable to move.

If you win the battle then all is good but if you lose then you can even lose your life if you don't get support at the right time. The wild Pokemon will be freed into the wild again if it wins as this is the kind of rule made by the humans and Pokemons.

I learn this thing and look at my watch. I thought, ' Maybe I can also tame the wild ones in the wild.' I said to Taniya lightly, " Thank you again for this amazing gift, Taniya."

She replied in a happy tone, " You are very welcome, James."

Of course, This kind of thing can't be done by just anyone as you need both money and courage to fight with a Pokemon. This is mostly done by adventurers, who like to tame the kind of Pokemon that can't be domesticated by humans because of their diting and the kind of environment they live in is unique and can't be replicated by current technology.

The kinds of Pokemons domesticated by humans are very low in number. And the outside city world is not as peaceful and as good as shown in the Pokemon show. You can be killed and become food for some Pokemons and animals if you are not careful. Not every Pokemon is intelligent as most of the Pokemon who live in the wild are like wild animals. Some are herbivores and some are carnivores but most are omnivores as they like to eat special energy berries.

I then asked Sofia about the monster shops that sold domesticated monsters. She told me that most Monster shops prefer to sell the eggs of monsters as keeping real living monsters is not something that can done by every monster shop owner. As the Living Monsters maintenance charge is very high. A middle-class family can only keep 2 monsters at most and those are also monsters like Rattata which can eat anything.

The price of the Pokemon food is very high because it consists of Pokemon meat and berries. The Pokemon meat they get from Pokemon like Taurus, Fearow, Dodrio and other livestock animals that can't get very intelligent if trained. Pokemon meat is a luxurious commodity in this world.

The berries on the other hand are very expensive because they can't be grown like normal trees in farms. For growing berries a special kind of habitat and environment is needed. The people who grow berries also need to use the same technology the people who own big monster shops use for breeding their monsters. But just like monsters, different kinds of berries are grown in a unique kind of environment and that environment still can't be replicated by the current technology.

Because of this reason, most of the berries are directly taken from the forest. But the berries are not something that normal people can go into the forest and get because most berry trees are protected by many kinds of Pokemons which also like to eat berries. Only those who are specialised in this kind of job can go to collect berries, like the Adventurers. But because the number of adventurers is low the price of the berries has become high as with their low number, the Adventurers can't fully satisfy the market.

The price of the domesticated living monsters is also very high compared to the living monster egg as the domesticated monster is trained and taken care of by the monster shop for some period of time. Which made them a little different from a newborn monster but most people like to buy monster eggs because the bonding they can form with newborn monsters is better than the already grown monster.

She told me that the real living monsters are sold in very big monster shops which are attached to a very big land. That big land is converted into a kind of natural habitat for the monsters living there. Different kinds of monsters live in different kinds of habitats. So the land you need for this kind of business is also very big and can accommodate two to three different kinds of habitats for a large number of monsters.

As we walked I saw a very big structure that looked like a palace. I pointed at that and asked, " What is that?"

Sofia replied seeing the building I was pointing to, " That is where we are going, That is the temple."

I became astonished hearing this, I know from my previous life that temples can be very big and majestic but this one is on a whole another level. This looks like it is as big as the Taj Mahal from Earth and the designs are amazing. I can see many huge statues from here. And I am still very far from the actual temple.

I asked Sofia, " Is it normal for temples to be this big?"

Sofia looks at me with eyes that are saying, are you dumb? She said, " Of course not dummy, How can this kind of building become a common thing? This is one of the oldest and biggest buildings found in the world. The biggest thing is this temple is not made by humans but instead by every type of monsters. There were even mysteries and dangerous ghost types who helped in the creation of this temple. This is the temple of the Arceus, the creator and god of everything."

Hearing this I become astonished. First of all this whole structure is made by Pokemons instead of humans which is already an amazing thing. And from here I can see that it is even more beautiful than anything I have seen in my life meaning that the Pokemon are far more creative and intelligent compared to the actual humans.

I said in amazement, " This is amazing!." I then looked at her and asked, "Do monsters are more intelligent compared to humans?"

She replied with a thoughtful expression, " Well there are many monsters that are very intelligent, most intelligent Pokemon have the same intelligence as us but there are some monsters that are so intelligent that even computers are like a child compared to their speed of calculations. You know the creator of the monster ball was a monster from Alakazam Clan and the Item teleportor machine was invented by a human and a monster."

I asked, "Humans can't tame that kind of monster, right?"

Sofia shook her head and said, " No, we can't tame those monsters but we can befriend them. You see those monsters are very intelligent and can talk in human language with telepathy. So even though you can't tame them you can befriend them."

I then looked at her and asked, " What about Chan Chan then?"

To this Chan Chan replied instead with, " Chan Cha Chansey Chansey." I understand what she is saying even though she said it in her own language, She said, " I was little when we met but she took really good care of me so we became friends." Then she hugged Sofia from behind.

I shook my head seeing this, Sofia in Chan Chan's embrace said, " She is saying that we are friends."

I said, " Yeah, I can see it." Then I looked at Espeon and asked, " What about this pink cat-like creature, It looks very intelligent to me."

Sofia replied, " Well she is Lorein and yeah you are right. She is also the one who will become intelligent but for now, she is still very young and she just evolved into Espeon 2 years ago so it will still take a very long time for her to exhibit her super intelligence, when she does she won't like to be placed into this Monster ball."

As I was talking about this suddenly Taniya's voice echoed in my head. She said, " Your Omnitrix had just taken the DNA samples of Chansey and Espeon."

Hearing this I urgently looked at my Omnitrix and saw the yellow beep just ended. Seeing me act like this suddenly Sofia asked, " What happened? An insect's bite?"

I shook my head and said, " No, I just thought I forgot to wear my watch." When I said that she said, " Watch? Which watch?"

I was going to say that it was the one on my wrist but suddenly Taniya said, " She can't see it, Not only her but no one can see the Omnitrix. It is only visible to you."

I stopped what I was saying and said, " Well, it was a mosquito bite. Sorry, I was just kidding. "

Sofia nodded and said, " Well if you say so, now we are not far from the temple so you don't have to worry about mosquitoes as there are many there."

I listened to what she said and didn't understand what she meant but I didn't say anything about it and got my focus back to Taniya.

I lightly asked Taniya, " You haven't told me about this amazing feature before."

Taniya said, " Well, I didn't get any time to tell you about this feature plus right now I was busy seeing the scenarios and learning new things. So you can't blame me."

I said, " I am not blaming you, I just thought this ability is very useful that's why thanks again."

Taniya said, " Now, You shouldn't thank me too much. I know you are happy and that's all I need as your system, so you don't have to thank me again and again."

I said, " Okay, but I am still going to say thank you."

Taniya sighed and said, " Do whatever you want."

Then I didn't say anything and followed Sofia to the temple which can be shown clearly in our vicinity.

8