Ch_7 Unexpected job offer.
99 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I don't know anyone in this city except for Sofia for now and fortunately, she is also a Nurse Joy. So, I asked the driver to take us to the Pokemon Center. It only took us 2 minutes to get to the Pokemon Center.

I carried the woman in my arms and told the driver to wait for some minutes. I will come back and will give his money to him.

The driver nodded and I ran inside the Pokemon center. I saw Sofia sitting at the desk in the reception hall checking something on the computer. I shouted, " Sofia! Come here and see what happened to this person."

Sofia who was busy with her computer suddenly startled to hear my voice. She looked at my direction and said, " What happened? Why are you here and shouting so suddenly?"

I said, " Please check this person first You can ask me about other things after that. " 

She finally noticed the person in my hands and got up from her seat urgently. She came running towards me. She first checked the pulse of the woman and then checked, if she was breathing or not.

Then she sighed and said, " Don't worry, she is just unconscious."

I nodded at her and said, " Well, that's good. I got apprehensive when she suddenly stopped talking."

Then asked awkwardly, " By the way, Can you lend me some money for now? the taxi driver is waiting for his payment outside and I don't have any money on me."

She sighed and said," Well, okay but return me when you earn some, Okay?."

I nodded and said, " Of course."

She told me, " But first put her on the bed in the patient room, then you can go to pay the driver."

I did what she told me and then she gave me some money which is called notes. The notes are the currency here and they are divided into Iron, copper, silver and gold-coloured coins. She gave me twenty copper coins which are equal to 200 notes. 

I went outside and saw that the driver was still waiting. The driver asked for 20 notes so I gave him two copper coins. I also took out the grocery bags from the carriage and then went inside the Pokemon Center with them. 

I saw Sofia sitting in the reception area and saw that inside the Patient room, Chan Chan was looking after the woman. I placed the grocery bags down on the ground and sat on the seat in the reception area beside Sofia. 

Sofia said, " Well, she has tired her body to the limit because of overworking. That is why she lost her consciousness. By the way, where did you find her?"

I said, " Well, I was just roaming around the street when suddenly the person before me started to fall. I supported her and found that she was talking very weakly. After some words, she suddenly stopped talking and fell unconscious which nearly gave me a heart attack. But after checking her pulse, I found she was alive so I thought about you and came here urgently."

Sofia heard what I said and laughed, " Hahahaha, You have got one heck of a day. First, you were rescued from the attack of a group of Mankeys and now you are rescuing someone. Well, that's a good thing I guess."

I said, " Yeah, And thank you too because I know that this is not your working day but I still took her to you."

Sofia said, " No worries, No worries. I was also getting bored anyways so having one or two patients doesn't bother me."

Then she said, " What do you plan to do in the future?"

I said Awkwardly, " I don't even know where to start. I mean I don't even know much about this world."

She said, " Well, It's understandable. Sorry, but I can't help you with these things. I can give you some pieces of information if you ask about it but nothing much as I will not have much time in the future."

I said, " I know that, don't worry. I will somehow find a way and thank you for taking care of me."

She said while waving her hand, " Don't worry, it was my job anyway."

I nodded and we talked about other things. As we were busy talking suddenly we heard Chan Chan's voice come from the patient room. Both I and Sofia got up from our seats and went towards the patient room. There we saw the woman now up and sitting on the bed. She looked at us and asked, " What happened? Why am I here?"

Sofia told her about her situation then the woman looked at me and said, " Thank you for saving me."

I shook my hand awkwardly and said, " No-no problem."

The woman laughed at my awkward reaction and asked Sofia, " How is my condition Nurse Joy?"

Sofia said, " Your situation is nothing serious but you can't do any heavy work for at least two weeks."

The woman said with worries, " But if I didn't do the work then who will do it."

Sofia said with a sigh, " Well you should get some help for heavy work I guess. But you can't do it yourself as you have already tired your body without rest for many days. You should take some rest for now or else things can get very serious in the future. Dying by overworking is not an uncommon thing, Ma'am."

The woman mumbled with worries, " But where I will find someone to do my work?"

Sofia seems to hear this and said while pointing at me, " You don't have to worry about that as this person can become your coolie if you want. Just pay him something and give him a place to stay."

The woman look up at me and I look at Sofia and thought, ' What the fuck this woman is saying? Did she just tell this woman that I can become her coolie? What the fu*k? I was a programmer at Earth and here I have to work as a coolie?'

The woman looked at me and said, " Will you do it umm?"

I said, " You can call me James." Then I looked at Sofia who was signaling me to say yes with her eyes. 

I sighed and said, " Yes, I can do the coolie work for you ma'am."

The woman said with a smile, " Thank you James and you can call me Big sister Noor or Just big sister." 

I said with a nod, " Okay big sister Noor."

Then Noor asked about the payment to Sofia but Sofia didn't take it as the Pokemon Center was not officially open yet. That was her reason.

Noor doesn't say much about it and we started walking out of the Pokemon Center. I said my thanks to Sofia and also told her I would give her money back later. She just nodded and waved her hand at me. 

I took the grocery bags in hand and followed Noor. Taniya told me that we could place the bags in the inventory but I said, "Right now is not the right time." With thought.

Noor and I walk silently on the road. The sky had already turned dark and the crowd on the road was also getting thin. 

Noor started talking first, " By the way, Where are you from?" 

I first looked at her and thought that people in this world people are weirdly attractive. Sofia is beautiful, the woman and the man on the street were also good-looking and now This woman, who seems to be in her late twenties is also very attractive even though she has dark circles around her eyes.

Hearing her question, I made up a new story and said, " Well, I am from a small village outside the city and just came to this place today."

Noor nodded and said, " Good." She looked at the young man and thought that there was something weird about the young man before him. He was releasing kind of innocent vibes because of his looks that somehow she wanted to protect him. She thought, ' That kind of thinking is weird.'

Then she asked, " By the way, what about your monster partner? Don't you have one?"

I said, " Well, I never got a chance to get one as my parents died when I was very young and I didn't know that keeping a monster partner is this common here as from where I came only a few people kept them."

Noor said with a laugh, " Hahahaha, Well, Of course, It is not a common thing here too. Most people do not keep monster partners as they are very expensive to take care of."

I asked, " Do you have a monster partner?"

She said with a nod, " I have one but it's not mine. It's my late husband's, He was an adventurer. Unfortunately, he died while trying to tame a wild monster."

I suddenly felt awkward asking that. I said, " Oh, Sorry about that. I didn't know."

She said while waving her hand, " Well, it doesn't matter anymore. It's already been five years since his death. His monster partner has also fully considered himself as my monster so I don't care about his death anymore."

I only nodded and didn't say anything about it. She then asked, " What about you? Have any dream."

I thought for a moment then said with a smile, " I didn't have it before coming here but now I wanna become the strongest Adventurer in the world."

She nodded and said, " Hmm good dream. It's nice to be young, You can dream about many things."

I also nodded at that, I also didn't have any dreams when I was on Earth. But after coming here I got something that I always dreamt about when I was a child, an omnitrix. This thing is amazing and now when she asks me about my dream I thought about Ash for some reason and made my dream.

I asked her, " Don't you have any dreams?"

She said with a laugh, " Hahahaha, Well maybe if you help me get some free time then maybe I can think about one."

I said with a laugh too, " Hahahaha, I will do my best for that."

4