Part 2 – Conference
114 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When everything calmed down and the conference started in earnest, a small, already forgotten creature also moved to take up its spot.

Yes, you’ve guessed it right! It was the frog.

It silently found its place in one of the shadowed corners of the conference room and putting on a fierce expression, it decided to preside over the meeting.  It was really interested in seeing just how these humans would be dealing with the issue of the demonic deity.

But its expression only kept becoming darker and darker with every mention of the awakening of the ancients. An angry croak was already building inside of its throat to make its displeasure known, however the voice of reason finally found its way into the discussion by mentioning Elder Yue.

Hearing her name, the frog instantly calmed down and while most cultivators present had been appalled at the old seer’s attitude, it happily croaked along to the lady calling them out for being stupid. Its lips definitely had the slight curve of a smile.

With the message was finishing and things also seemed to be returning to some semblance of order, the little frog also returned to its steely-eyed observation.

Alas, good things can’t last forever and the cultivators soon started panicking again. When they even dared to mention getting help from Heaven just to skip out on the responsibility – let’s just say it was good that no one saw this little frog ‘cause its appearance turned even more ugly than naturally – its eyes were shining with a mocking light and its mouth was twisted in a very grotesque smirk full of contempt.

How pathetic!

It was broken out of his less then favorable musings by the Sentinel Grandmaster tasking Qinghe to ordinate the whole matter. Its eyes taking on an interested gleam and its expression returning to a more peaceful one, it couldn’t even be bothered by the uproar that broke out this time. It just kept waiting patiently for the young man to make his move.

And Qinghe didn’t disappoint. He quickly reined in the unhappy seniors and soon started giving out commands.

Listening to this young cultivator sensibly handing out tasks had the frog once again croaking and nodding along happily with what seemed to be a smile on its face.

Nodding to itself for one final time, like it was agreeing that things were in good hands, the frog vanished into the air without a trace.

So... the first four chapters are pretty short as I built things heavily on the events HS, but I promise the latter ones are longer >.<

3