Part 3 – A Sound in the Night
110 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night scene on the conference’s first day was very picturesque.

Outside Qinghe’s little cabin, a myriad of stars were dancing on the night sky. Without a single cloud in sight, the full moon shone down brightly. Its reflection glimmered on the small stream’s surface, creating a mirage as if it wanted to lure people in favor of skinny-dipping in for a round of watery fun. To make the sight even more tempting, tiny fireflies kept frolicking over the water’s surface.

Unfortunately, the pair of lovers saw nothing of this romantic scene because they were consumed by their worries regarding the upcoming battle.

“Oh? You analyzed even that sort of pattern?” Wei Xiang questioned his little love.

“Of course I did. Anyway, despite everything Heaven should be a fair existence, it will not make this unreasonably difficult for me. Also, it seems somewhat cautious in its actions against me. It has taken care not to cross my bottom line by hurting the people I care about. For that, at least, I can excuse it.”

When Qinghe finished saying that a faint croaking sound, that was very reminiscent of someone’s amused chuckling, could be heard from the outside.

Of course, the couple didn’t notice anything of this either as, with their fears allayed, their attention was taken up by far more pleasant matters.

3