Chapter 6
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I awake to a pounding on my bedroom door. I struggle to open my eyes looking at my alarm clock. 7:23 AM July 1, 13.

"Crap I'm going to be late!" I yelled.

"Lance, hurry up man." Its Jordan, he must have been the one banging on my door.

"I'll be right out." I ran to the mirror, brushed my teeth, got dressed, and ran out the door. "Thanks for waiting for me." I said to Jordan who was now sipping on a travel coffee cup.

"No problem but we got to run, or we will never make it on time." He yelled as he was ushering me out the door.

We ran at a full sprint for a full 10 minutes until we saw the main building with a bunch of other people starting to surround the front, a mix of parents and first years arriving, I guess it shouldn't surprise me this is a college after all. As we approach, I see Lexia, Elizabeth, and Jean.

"Hey you guys!" I called as we walked over

"WOW, look who finally made it." Lexia said with a grimace.

"Hey, it's not my fault, this guy over here wouldn't wake up, no matter what I did." Jordan laughed.

"That's not surprising." Elizabeth said with a smirk, "You usually have to flip him off his mattress."

"You've only done that to me three times, don't make it sound so common." I Argued.

I looked over at Jean she was giggling. She had on a blue and black checkered flannel with the sleeves rolled partially up, a black tank top, black leggings, and skater shoes.

I blushed "Hey Jean, you look nice." Smooth come on I can do better than that I thought.

"Uh thanks." She smiled.

"Dude would you just ask her out already." Jordan whispered a little too loudly, I saw Jean hide her face as it turned red.

Just when it looked like Elizabeth was about to pound on Jordan a lowed voice broke through the crowed.

"All first-year students please make your way inside and be seated."

"Was that Mr. Griffon's voice?" I looked around but didn't see him anywhere.

"who cares, lets go get some good seats." Jordan said pushing his way past us and through the crowed.

We made our way into the main building and made our way down the hall until we made it to the auditorium. We found a row open with enough seats for all of us to sit next to each other.

Within a few minutes everyone was able to be seated it looked like the class is about 250 students at the most, humans with a mixture of other species, Night elves, some similar looking beings to night elves but different with more earth toned features. a few look to be shorter than the average person, but muscular they had runic tattoos visible, another group looked pale well dressed and something was odd about their eyes.

"Welcome first years to Taurus University." I spun to see the dean he was standing at a podium on the stage, the auditorium quieted down and everyone sat and turn towards the dean.

The Dean went over many things, most of what he covered with me when I woke up in the hospital, what we are, what the school was meant to do, about the different gods, and a few things that he did not tell me. Like us students will go out and hunt demons as part of class, how we will be chosen by a deity soon who basically is like a sponsor. how we are going to be learning magic, and how once we have whatever degree we would like to achieve we have the option to go and work for some business or something the school Is sponsored by or go and get a normal job out in the normal world.

"Now as soon as my speech is over, you will leave and move to the Cubiculum Dei."

Murmurs started to form, I leaned over to Jordan.

"What's that mean?"

"Chamber of god in Latin." He whispered back.

I was about to question him further but then the Dean Cleared his throat

"For those of you that aren't aware, this is where you will be chosen by a deity who will gift you your blessed weapon, and a special power." he gave a brief pause "A fair warning for you first years. They may give you advice over time, they see things differently more result driven. Be careful with how you interpret their advice" He ended his speech.

We all began to stand when we heard the dean shout.

"Oh! I almost forgot the 4th of July is coming so I ask you all please just be responsible. Dismissed." He walked off the stage.

We headed out of the auditorium, and down the hall until we came to a old stone door it seemed out of place for such a modern building, the student at the front a night elf opened the door and we went through, we descended a staircase for what felt like 20 minutes, and then we made it to the entrance of the chamber of gods.

The staircase opened up to a big enough room to hold all of the first years, it was sort of dark and creepy down here the room was lit by small wooden torches on the walls, the other end of the room with the door to the chamber was lit up well with 4 massive woodless Pires, I couldn't make out what the door looked like. I studied the room a little bit more, and noticed that there were two massive, hooded statues they wore what looked like plate armor, each holding a giant sword like they were defenders of a king.

We all began to line up, a teacher whom I didn't recognize stepped to the front of the line. She had brown hair tied in a ponytail wore a nice sport jacket with a blue blouse, and black khakis.

"My name is Magister, Wells, I am your godly studies teacher, and I'm in charge of this event, you will all go one at a time, and stand in the magic circle in front of the door head in, meet the god who wishes to sponsor you, and come out once the doors open and head outside." She said in a firm tone

The lines were filled with people discussing who they hoped to be chosen by.

"I want to get either Zeus, Jupiter, Ra, Odin, or Hanuman" Elizabeth said.

"Sorry to tell you, but some of those almost never pick someone, you may get Hanuman if he thinks you are Unique." Jordan said.

"I'm hoping for Belatucadors the Celtic god of war, my entire family is sponsored by different war gods, and goddesses." He smiled excitedly.

"I'm hoping for Thanatos" smiled Lexia.

Terrifying thought

"I think id be ok with Thoth, or maybe Hecate." Said jean

"Those two are pretty different," said Lexia.

We must have been talking for a while because before I knew it, it was my turn. I stepped forward slowly approaching the door, it was beautiful with engravings all over each depicting a major event in different religions. I looked a few feet in front of me and saw a circle with different symbols all around it. I stepped into it.

A moment passed and the doors began to open, I looked back to my friends, and they all motioned for me to go on. I entered the room, and it wasn't anything special just a stone bricked room in the shape of a circle. The door began to close, and the room grew dark.

I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face, no sounds reached me, like I had lost all my senses. A low voice like with a growl called out to me.

"We meet again, Child." The voice said

I turned in its direction, but nothing was there it began to laugh the sound came from everywhere it began to get so lowed it hurt I had to cover my ears. A flash of light appeared, and the noise disappeared. I looked up to see a flaming sword sticking out from the ground Infront of me. I extended my arm to grab the sword.

"I wouldn't do that Lance," a voice from behind me said.

I turned and saw a man in silver armor, with white fabric accents, hovering a few feet off the ground, he had a long curly black beard and long black hair, and bright white glowing eyes, but the most amazing thing though was he had 2 massive eagle wings on his back.

"The last time I allowed a human to touch my sword nothing good came of it." He said in a calm tone.

"Who are you?" I said while backing up.

"I am known as the archangel Uriel, and I have chosen you."

I looked at him in shock. He must have noticed the look on my face because he spoke.

"You seem a little disappointed."

"Well, I'm not going to lie to you your just an angel, and they told us we were only going to be chosen by gods." I said trying not to offend him, I did not want to see what that flaming door could do.

He laughed "Do not worry I will not harm you; I understand your confusion." He studied me for a second before he continued. "Let's just say the other archangels take on the role of sponsors, the boss can't get involved directly do to some rules."

"Why?" I asked.

"Well, you will have a class for that, now for your weapon, hold out your hand."

I shrugged and heled out my hand. The room flashed and the sound of thunder roared, and a flash of light blinded my eyes for a moment, I felt the sword in my hands it was made out of silver, with Latin etched into it, the guard that looked like wings spreading out, a wooden grip with a red gem at the hilt.

"Now as for your gift you will have the power to rally your allies in battle, only use it when things are at their worse, it last for 30 minutes and takes a toll on the body. As you grow new abilities will open up to you."

I nodded in understanding. I need to ask him about my dreams, he must be able to give me some answer. As if reading my thoughts, he interrupted my thinking.

"Unfortunately, the knowledge you seek all I can say is they are visions. I can tell you that whenever a Bellator has had visions, destruction followed. You must prevent your visions from happening." He said with a sad look on his face, like he knew my fate and felt sorry for me.

"We have taken too much time I must take my leave call forth your sword whenever you need it farewell lance good luck to you." He said disappearing into the darkness of the rooms the doors opened.

I left the room and started making my way towards the staircase, I ascended them and headed to the exit of the building, I decided to wait for my friends outside.

I didn't wait too long before Elizabeth came out and made her way over to me.

"Hey how did it go?" I asked

Her eyes lit up "It was a little odd I got picked by the Greek god of war Ares."

"Well, that must have been terrifying." I said feeling a little jealous of her.

She let out a laugh "Oh it was for a second he tried to be intimidating me"

"THEY'RE AINT NO WAY A LITTLE GIRL IS WORTHY OF MY POWER!" She said puffing out her chest, and trying to sound like a muscle head.

I got a little nervous. "You fought a God of war?" I asked hoping she was joking.

"Oh yah, he didn't fight me at full power though." She said with what looked like a look of disappointment.

I laughed "leave it to you to be disappointed about a god taking it easy on you."

She gave me a sly smile. "Hey, I don't care I could've taken him, he gifted me this really cool spear, and he said he wants to fight me again once I get more training."

Before we could continue our conversation, I saw Jordan talking to his older sister Alice, He didn't look like he was doing to well, and Alice seemed to be trying to reassure him, I called out to him.

"Yo Jordan how did it go?" he wandered over with a disappointed look.

"Not good at all, my parents are going to kill me." He said trying to hold back tears.

"Why?" Elizabeth said with a look of concern on her face.

He sighed, "Like I told you everyone in my family gets chosen by a god of war, its expected in our family going back generations." He took a second to calm himself before continuing. "I got chosen by the Greek god Apollo." His face turning to a grimace.

"Come on man that's not bad god of archery, medicine, and the sun. that's awesome." Elizabeth said trying to console him.

"Oh, yah and who chose you?" he said forcing a smile on his face.

"Hey guys guess what!" I looked over Jean was running over to us a big smile on her face.

"Hey." I smiled perfect timing. "Who did you get?"

She gave me a beautiful smile "Ceridwn, the Celtic goddess of magic, and wisdom."

"That's awesome!" Elizabeth exclaimed.

"Yah, what's wrong with you Jordan?" Jean asked.

"Don't worry about it I'll be fine." Jordan said with a fake smile.

Before she could push the matter, further Lexia came over and wrapped her arms around Elizabeth.

"Hey, how did it go?" Elizabeth asked.

Her face turned Grimm. "Shiva, can we get out of here now I'm hungry."

"That sounds pretty cool she's the Hindu goddess of Death, right?" I asked

"Yah, and a few other things can we get going?" now she said.

Before we could ask her anything else Aaron came walking over.

"Hey, did you kids have good time?" he said giving me a smile.

Lexia must have been more upset she stormed off.

"I should go make sure she's ok Text me where you guys end up ill join you after." Said Elizabeth as she left to go after Lexia.

"Ah seems someone's not too happy with their higher power." Aaron sighed. "Anyway, Nox is at the club house making you guys some lunch and drinks come on, time to celebrate."

We headed on over to the club house, and gathered around the table outside.

"So who did you all get" Nox said carrying over a tray of drinks and sandwiches.

"I got Ceridwn!" exclaimed Jean.

"Nice magic and wisdom, you'll be more attuned to studying magic, you could become very powerful if you train hard" Nox said sitting down in the empty chair near Aaron.

"Yah we could definitely use stronger magic users on the team." said Aaron.

"What about you Jordan?" Nox said leaning lover the table.

He looked away making a sour face. " I don't want to talk about it."

"He got Apollo." i turned and saw Elizabeth and Lexi walking over to us.

"He's just upset he didn't get a war god don't take it personally Nox" Elizabeth said while her and lexia sat down at the table.

"Hey Ranged is still a very valuable part of fighting" Aaron added trying to make Jordan feel better.

"Thanks." said Jordan.

"How about you Lance?" Aaron asked giving me a sly look.

"I mean its a little weird but i got the Arch Angel Uriel."

"Nice!" Nox yelled.

"Well aren't you full of surprises." Aaron gave me an approving nod.

"Is it that impressive?" I asked a little surprised at the instant approval.

"There are certain beings that rarely choose to sponsor anyone, like the big gods think Zeus, Odin, Ra, and some others that offer major power, Arch Angels fall into that group." Nox explained.

"Way to go Lance!" Elizabeth yelled as she punched me in the arm.

"Ow." i grumbled while i rubbed my arm.

"Who did you get Elizabeth?" Aaron asked.

She stood up putting one foot onto the table and pointing with one hand into the air.

"Ares!, Greek god of war. with us together no foe is safe! We are all powerful!" she yelled with a crazed cackle at the end.

Everyone looked at her in a slight horrified look except for me I've gotten used to her sense of humor over the years, and Lexi for some odd reason. She just looked at her approvingly, with a half smile expression.

"Right." Aaron said, he turned to Lexi. "and how about you Lexi honey who did you get?"

A dark aura surrounded Lexi.

"Don't call me honey!" she yelled as the aura began to intensify it now looked like black smoke was beginning to cover Lexis' body.

I felt a feeling of dread wash over me, i backed away from the table. Some of the others did the same. Now only Aaron, Lexi and Elizabeth sat at the table. Aaron was rubbing his chin with one hand giving Lexi a studying look.

Just when it looked like Lexi was about to lunge at Aaron Elizabeth reached out and grabbed her by the arm and pulled her over to her embracing her.

"Lexi please stop these are our friends, your scaring me." Elizabeth pleaded.

A few more moments passed and the aura began to dissipate.

Lexi stood there eyes closed and embraced Elizabeth back.

"I'm sorry, for scaring you." she said in a apologetic tone. " I just have so much on my mind right now, I don't know what came over me."

Lexi released Elizabeth and turned to Aaron.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you like that" she said rubbing her arm a slight blush going over her face.

"It's fine I understand the ceremony can be a bit unsettling." he said holding up his hand a grin on his face.

"I just.... I don't know what to do right now i got Shiva as a sponsor, and ever since I just don't feel like myself. Like there is something trying to take control of my body.". Lexi said sitting in the chair arms folded head looking down.

"Hey don't worry. You are not the first or last person to feel like this. So take this drink relax and enjoy your amazing company." he said putting a drink in her hand ushering us all to join back at the table.

A few moments of awkward silence later and we were all sitting around joking with each other and having a good time. Great conversations and Laughter continued on until the moon was at the highest point in the sky.

"Well its getting late you precious first years should get back to your rooms, big day tomorrow." Aaron said as he stood up.

"Yah cant believe we start some of our classes tomorrow." I said as we all began to stand.

"Best believe it, and you don't want to be late remember these extra classes will help you train to be a strong Bellator." Nox said stumbling over her words as she struggled to get up.

"Nox honey just sit here for a bit, I'll be right back to make sure you make it inside." Aaron said leaning down to give her a kiss on the cheek.

Aaron walked us around the side of the house out of the back yard and towards the road. we said our goodbyes but before we made it onto the road Aaron stopped us.

"Actually Lexi could you hang back? I need to talk to you."

"Sure, come on Elizabeth." she said walking back over to Aaron.

"Sorry no just you." he said with a stern look on his face replacing his usual relaxed look.

"Um yah sure, I'll meet you back at the dorm ok?" Lexi said looking back at Elizabeth.

Elizabeth gave a nod and we started the walk back to the dorm.

"What do you think that was all about?" Jordan said walking with his hands behind his head take over exaggerated steps.

"Who knows, he probably just wants to make sure they're all good after that outburst." I said.

"That wasn't like her at all, I don't know what that's was." Elizabeth said with a shutter.

A few more minutes had passed and we made it back to the dorm. Elizabeth decided to wait for Lexi in the common area. Me and Jordan nodded and headed off to our individual rooms. Almost as soon as my body hit the bed i was fast asleep.

0