Chapter 8
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Really darling? even for you this may have been a bit much" said Mr. Griffon as he began to help Ms. Burstorm off the ground.

"What? This girl right here has the right stuff she's definitely going to be an elite warrior." Ms. Burstorm said brushing the dust off her black legging. "Besides you know me if a student shows potential I have to test them out." she gave Elizabeth an admiring look.

Elizabeth walked over to stand by Jordan, Jean, Lexia, Reese, and I. We began to watch  the teachers bicker.

"Just try and not over do it next time, I don't want to have to talk to the dean about repairs....again" Mr. Griffon said with a sigh.

"Fine" Ms. Burstorm groaned. "Still on for dinner?" She said giving him a wink as she headed for the exit.

"Wait are they a couple?" Elizabeth whispered.

Mr. Griffon went red "Of course I'll pick you up around 6pm." he said a little too enthusiastically.

"You don't need to pick me up we can teleport Roland." she said not even looking back just holding up her hand as she exited the coliseum.

Mr. Griffon face still in a giant grin froze.

I over heard a couple the students groaning in the background. Conversation's of disappointment arose

"Sounds like a few people just got their fantasies about Ms. Burstorm slashed." Lexia joked.

"Oh I don't know I think a few of them are more upset about Mr. Griffon being taken." Tessa said with a smile as she appeared beside the group.

  "Where the hell did you come from!" Jordan yelled as he jumped from the sudden appearance of her.

"Oh...I'm sorry did I scare you Jordan?" Tessa paused and jumped at him embracing him in a hug. 

Jordans face went bright red and his entire body went limp.

"Jordan are you ok?" Tessa asked as she was now holding him up.

It's hard to believe someone Tessas' size could support someone like Jordan He may not look like it but being raised by a family of bellators who prided themselves on their melee combat he was solid muscle.

"Did you seriously pass out from a hug.....man I thought you were bad with girls Lance but Jordan here takes the cake." Lexia said as she began to poke Jordans face with her finger.

We heard someone clear their throat, we looked over to the center of the arena to see Mr. Griffon his composure recovered ready to address the class.

"Sorry about that students, For those of you who do not know my name is Mr. Griffon and I will be teaching you the basics of melee combat." He said as he adjusted his tie.

"Now allow me to explain what we will be doing in the class." Mr. Griffon paused making sure he had every students attention.

"Now that you have a sponsor you will be able to summon your own specialized weapon and armor. My job is to show you the way to open up your full potential." Mr. griffon stopped as a student raised their hand with a question he gave them an acknowledging nod "Yes?"

"What do you mean weapon and armor and what kind of potential do you mean?" the student asked.

Mr. Griffon gave a smile and began to walk over towards the opposite side of the arena, he stopped and  waved his hand and 7 dummies appeared and encircled him each about 20 feet from him.

"I love that question." Mr. Griffon raised his hand and a massive marble colored claymore with gold runes running down the blade appeared in his hand.

"As your physical strength and your bodies affinity to magic increase so will your powers and these weapons and armor will gain new abilities, allow me to demonstrate." Mr. Griffon said as he lifted the claymore with one hand moving it in position to do a horizontal slash. The gold runes on the blade began to glow brighter and brighter. He swung much too far from the dummies to actually make contact, but with the speed and control that didn't seem possible for a weapon of that size. within an instant the dummies cracked and blew apart like they were hit by an invisible force.

"What the hell happened?" I heard a student behind me mutter.

"That is one of my abilities, as you grow you will gain a few of your own. Now it is your turn summon your weapons." Mr. Griffon said as he stabbed his claymore into the ground.

"Uhm...how?" the student from before asked.

"Oh right, I knew I forgot something. You see once your deity selected you they gave you these gifts, now  focus on the need for a weapon and will it out." Mr. Griffon said as he waved his hand summoning a chair to sit in.

all the other students began to attempt to summon out their weapons.

Come on damnit why is this so hard, only a few minutes had passed, but my muscles ached like I had just ran a marathon. My legs began to shake and my arms felt like they were being torn apart.

"No way." i heard one of the other students say. braking my concentration I Looked over to see Elizabeth hand extended holding a spear the shaft looked to be made of brass it had boars head on one end with a pyrite tipped blade coming out of the boars mouth.

"Very impressive Ms. Marandi" Mr. Griffin said while he gave a slow applaud. "Don't be discouraged not everyone gets it their first try. Keep trying." He said to the rest of the class.

After a few more minutes a few more students started summoning weapons.

"Hey Lance check it out." I looked over to see Reese holding a hammer with a birch wood shaft, and a massive garnet stone head with white wings engraved into the center.

"How?" I groaned in exasperation.

"Don't know what to tell you man just listen to what he said, that's what worked for me." He said as he headed over to Mr. Griffon with the other students who managed to summon their weapon.

"Yah real helpful Reese." I could've gotten better advice from Jordan.

"Lance look over here!" I turned to see Jordan holding up a beautiful golden bow with red accents running all along the shaft and what looked to be a beam of light where the sting should be.

I gave him an encouraging thumbs up. How is that even fair, ok come on just focus. I closed my eyes and kept trying to focus on that primal feeling to fight and the need for a weapon to do so. The image of the silver blade from when i met Uriel. 

I felt the image growing strength in my mind. Ok just keep pushing, the images strength was growing i started to push the image out extending my hand. I felt a something heavy in my hand I opened my eyes to see the beautiful silver sword with runes etched down the blade and a red ruby on its hilt. I looked over to Mr. Griffon and he gave me an approving nod. I began to walk over to the rest of the students.

One by one the rest of the students wandered over to join the group.

Lexia wandered over to join Jordan, Reese, Elizabeth, and I she was holding 2 identical curved black blades almost like sickles, as she got closer i realized the edges of the blade were a shade of purple.

"Damn those are sweet." Jordan said with a whistle.

"Thanks i think they are pretty badass." She said twirling one of the blades in her hand.

"Well aren't those some beautiful blades." we looked over to see Tessa, and her brother Connor making their way over to us.

"Hey Tessa." said Elizabeth. "Is this your brother?"

"Hello allow me to introduce myself." Connor gave a light bow. "I am Connor Crestfallen." he said to Elizabeth and Lexia. he looked over to Jordan, Reese, and I. "Hey guys nice weapons." 

We all started to have a little small talk while we waited for the rest of the students to finish up. I looked over to see Jean in the crowed she had a calm and relaxed look on her face. She looked so beautiful.

"Only by 5 minutes!" I heard Tessa yell.

"Yes 5 minutes meaning i'm your older sibling." Connor said sticking out his tung at her.

"Yah real mature. MR BIG BRO" She said in a mocking tone.

"This type of argument happen often?" Reese asked.

Just when Connor was about to say something we were interrupted by Jean as she ran over to us waiving her weapon enthusiastically. She held out a silver staff that had Celtic ruins running down it.

"Hey guys check it out!" She held out her staff.

Elizabeth and the others went over to inspect the weapon only a few more students were left trying to summon their weapons.

"Hey what about you two?" Lexia asked Tessa and Connor. "I thought you didn't get sponsors where are your weapons.

"Oh right well with us being vampires, are weapons are handed down by our parents, or we have them specially made using magic items by smiths employed by our families." Connor said as he extended his hand a rapier appeared the guard looked like a skull, and the blade was blood red with silver accents.

"Wow that looks awesome." Elizabeth said. "What about you Tessa?"

She gave a smile she held out her hand and a spear with a dragons body running up the shaft all the way to the red blade that was jutting out from the dragons mouth,

"Woah, that is sick." Jordan said.

Tessa blushed a bit "Thank you this was a spear handed down to me by our ancestor Dracula." she said with a smile.

The entire group went silent for a few moments.

"Dracula as in the original vampire, that Dracula?" said Lexia.

"Yes he's our great great great." 

"Lets just say he's a distant ancestor." Connor interrupted.

"That's so cool was everything true about him?" I asked.

"God no, and please don't bring up any of the movies you've seen about him if you ever meet him. He wont shut up about them." Tessa said.

"Wait he's still alive? how?" Elizabeth asked.

"Well yah we're vampires, we can't die of old age, and as for him no ones been able to kill him yet." Connor explained.

"But he's like your Grandpa like you, see him  a family gatherings and stuff?" Elizabeth asked.

"Yes we get to see him quiet often when we are at home, and again he's more like a great great." Tessa began.

"They get it now pay attention the last of the students just finished." Connor said interrupting his sister.

We turned to see Mr. Griffon standing up from his chair ready to address the class.

"Now good job everyone, I knew you could do it, Next we will be summoning your armor." he paused to take a breath. "Now this is rather simple close your eyes and focus on the need to protect yourself, that primal feeling for self preservation. Focus on it and push the power you feel out." He finished sitting back down in his summoned chair.

Ok that sounds easy enough. Focus, my chest started to feel heavy, I need to stay calm its just like summoning the weapon. I need to just breathe calm my self I cab do this. 

The pressure on my chest seemed to relent and now was being replaced by a feeling of power. i focused on it and began to will it out.

I opened my eyes, i looked down at my hands and realized i was wearing beautiful silver armor that was polished to a shine. It consisted of a breastplate, backplate, gauntlets, Greeves and boots. each piece had intricate gold carvings, and the boots and tiny angel wings at the heel. It came with a navy blue hooded cloak with a silver flaming sword symbol stitched into it.

"Wow Lance, Nice!" I looked over to see Elizabeth giving me a thumbs up she already managed to summon her armor. The brestplate looked to be made out of bronze with a bores head engraved onto its center, the gauntlets extended from her hands all the way to just under her elbows they had a spear engraved with the point ending on the back of her palms. The Greeves were simple enough standard bronze armor, the boots looked to be made in layers the plating being placed on top of the other. She also wore a tattered blood red hooded cloak with the symbol of a boar on its back.

"Your, one to talk you look, badass." I called back.

We made our way over to Mr. Griffon, to wait for the rest of the class. Tessa and Connor were already over there.

"Nice job you too." Connor said he was wearing armor that looked like it was made from blood red metal.  The breast plate had the head of a dragon engraved onto it, the gauntlets had small spikes running down their length, the Greeves had glowing red lines running along their surface, the boots seemed to end in a spike. He also wore a black hooded cloak.

"Yes you both look very impressive." Said Tessa, her armor was similar to Connors, except it was deep purple metal, and there was a demonic looking bat engraved on to the center of the breast plate. 

"Thanks you guys don't look half bad your selves." Elizabeth said with a smile.

"Are you kidding me they look like vampire soldiers from that one movie showing how the war between vampires and werewolves started." I said a gesturing to both of them.

"We never went to war with the werewolves directly." Connor said waiving his hand.

"Wait what?" i said.

"Oh hey look here comes Jordan." Elizabeth said.

"No he just said there are werewolves Connor tell me more now." I Argued, but before Connor could continue Tessa began to rave about Jordans armor.

"WOW Jordan you look hot." Tessa said causing Jordan to go beat red again.

I see what she meant his armor did a great job at showing off is muscles, he wore a greek breastplate with the image of a sun engraved onto it besides that he was wearing bronze plated forearm gauntlets, Greeves that fitted perfectly to his legs and plane bronze boots, He also sported a bright red hooded cloak with a sun design on its back.

  A few more moments of Tessa obsessing over Jordan passed and then i noticed Jean making her way over to us with Lexia.

Jean looked beautiful her eyes were covered by the hood of her deep green cloak. She had a slim fitting breast plate that had the image of a cauldron on it leather leg armor with matching boots and gloves. 

Lexia on the other hand, her Armor reminded me of a nightmare it was a full set of black armor with screaming faces engraved all over it. she wore a black tattered hooded cloak that made her look like the grim reaper prepared for war.

"Wow Lance you look." Jean paused giving me a once over "Very heroic." she said blushing.

My face turned red "Gee thanks you look amazing." i said rubbing my hand on the back of my head.

"Yah not half bad." Lexia said before looking over at Elizabeth. "Damn babe you look hot." she said giving Elizabeth a wink.

"Not as good as you do in that black armor, very badass." Elizabeth said wandering over to Lexia and giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Do you two need a room?" Connor said looking annoyed.

"Do we have time?" Lexia joked.

"Dang i'm the last one?" We looked over to see Reese he was walking over to us his armor was very impressive. the chest armor made him look like he was wearing football padding making his shoulders seem even more broader. The armor was a dull gold, the breast plate had the image of a lion protruding out of it. Each shoulder had the design of a lions head. the gauntlets, Greeves, and boots had intricate carvings depicting great battles all over them. He wore a white hooded cloak with the image of a lion on it.

"Hey man nice armor." Jordan said coming out of his trance with Tessa, i could tell exactly but she seemed annoyed by that.

"Thanks, i got to say we all look pretty cool."

"Well done." Mr. Griffon said as he approached our group. "Would you all be interested in helping with the next part of class?"

A few moments later and Mr. Griffon had the 8 of us lined up in-front of the rest of the class.

"Good job everyone with summoning your weapon and armor. For the last half of class i have selected 8 students to spar so you can see just what we will be getting up to this year."

One of the students raised their hand.

"Yes?"

"Uhm Mr. Griffon, didn't you just get mad at Ms. Burstorm for almost destroying the arena?"

"Don't worry about that, while you do possess enhanced strength and speed, you are not skilled enough to cause such damage to the arena without magic. At your level the magic on the arena will protect it from any real damage."

The student nodded in understanding.

"First up Jean versus Jordan, please take positions in the center of the arena." Mr. Griffon snapped his fingers and multiple wooden structures rose up in the center of the arena. "Alright everyone else into the stands."

The rest of the students made their way to sit down in the stands.

"Uhm Mr. Griffon are you sure about this someone can get really hurt?" A night elf student asked.

"Don't worry the campus has a healing charm students wounds when inflicted by a staff member or another student. The wounds will be superficial." Mr. Griffon said.

Did he just say the teachers inflict wounds on the students? but before i could ask.

Jordan and Jean made it to the center of the arena, Jordan standing on a 2 story structure, Jean on the other end about 40 ft away on her own structure.

"Now trust your instinct, and remember your strength, and speed are almost superhuman now, try your best to give us a good show."

"Promise to take it easy on me?" Jean yelled to Jordan.

"Don't worry no one will get hurt don't hold back." Jordan yelled back.

"BEGIN!" Mr. Griffon yelled.

Jordan took aim with his bow and drew back the string 3 arrows that were made out of pure light appeared, he shot them at Jean each traveling in different directions and speed, but all locked onto Jean.

Jean seeing the danger jumped from her platform a 2 story drop to the ground, she began running in-between the wooden structures using them as cover from the arrows and to get out of Jordans view. As Jean was moving between 2 of the wooden structures, one of the arrows locked on and was coming from the end of the alley, Jean picked up her speed running directly at the arrow just before the arrow was about to make contact she leaped towards the wall of one of the structures and began to wall run jumping in-between the walls until she was able to reach the top of one of the structures. The first arrow disappeared after running out of energy. Just  as Jean landed the second arrow came barreling towards her from behind. She did a quick 180 turn and deflected the arrow with her staff. 

"Not bad! but you missed one." Jordan yelled and pointed over her head.

Jean looked up above her head to see the third and final arrow zipping straight down onto her. She dove out of the way but not quick enough the arrow made contact with her ankle.

"Gah" Jean grunted, she staggered to her feet reaching down and pulling the arrow out, blood spilled out but as soon as the arrow was out of her ankle the wound closed up.

"So that's how it works i guess i can stop taking it easy." Jean said, she sprinted running towards the end of her platform she leaped towards the wall of another taller platform and began wall running making her way towards Jordan.

"Not bad, but not good enough!" Jordan yelled he started shooting more arrows these ones looked to be made out of plain old wood. Each one making contact with the wall just behind Jeans movements.

he readied three more Light arrows and let them loose.

Jean jumped from the wall she was currently running on to a wall directly across from the previous wall smashing a light arrow with her staff mid jump.

She lost no momentum it actually looked like she was picking up more speed the second arrow was approaching her from Infront of her she spun her staff with inhuman speed like a helicopter blade destroying the arrow as it made contact.

"Ok that was pretty cool." Jordan murmured.

He started shooting more wooden arrows trying to slow Jean down.

He got ready to launch another volley of light arrows, but Jean had made it to the end of the wall and leapt towards Jordan raising her staff over her head to give a downward slash Jordan raised his bow to protect himself.

Their weapons connected the momentum causing Jordan to slide back only for Jean to follow it up with another fury of blows.

"I got you Jordan just surrender." Jean said with an exhausted grunt.

Jordan gave a big smile "Are you sure your not forgetting about something?"

"Don't try getting in my.." Just then the third arrow Jordan shot with his volley made contact plunging into Jeans shoulder. She let out a scream and dropped to her knees.

Jordan drew his bow aiming point blank at Jeans head. "Do you yield?" he asked.

"Yah, Yah you win." Jean said with a pain stricken face.

Jordan knelt down and pulled the arrow from Jeans shoulder, just like before the wound healed itself in seconds. "That was a close one you, if you didn't forget about my arrow I'm pretty sure this would've been different." He helped Jean to her feet.

"Don't worry I'll make sure to remember for the next time." Jean said giving him a smile.

The class began to cheer, then Mr. Griffon approached them at the center.

"Well done both of you, I may have to put you both on the team with a show like that you both have great abilities in combat." Mr. Griffon told them as he patted them both on the shoulder.

Jean and Jordan made their way over to the rest of our group in the stands.

"Jean are you ok?" I rushed out giving her a hug.

"I'm fine Lance." she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Come on man I'm not gonna kill your girlfriend." Jordan said with a smile on his face.

Before i could give him a piece of my mind Mr. Griffon called out for Reese and Elizabeth.

They both approached Mr. Griffon. "Could we get rid of these wooden towers? we both have close combat the buildings will just get in the way." Elizabeth said.

"hmm" Mr. Griffon looked at Reese. "Do you agree?"

"Yah it will be way better for us and we can put on a better show."

"Alright fine" Mr. Griffon said snapping his fingers to make the towers disappear and he moved over to the stands to take his seat.

Reese and Elizabeth put about 20 feet of distance between themselves turned and drew there weapons.

"Begin!" shouted Mr. Griffon.

Reese made the first move launching himself in a full sprint towards Elizabeth he swung his hammer from the side. Jean Jumped lifting her legs up just enough for the hammer to miss. still in the air Elizabeth thrusted her spear towards Reese head. Reese quickly moved his hammer to deflect the spear with the shaft of his hammer. He shoved Elizabeth with his shoulder pushing her back a few feet giving them some breathing room.

"Don't go easy on me. I want to see everything you got." Reese said to her.

"Be careful what you wish for Reese." Elizabeth moved at blinding speed she lunged pushing the tip of her spear towards Reese's chest.

"Not bad," Reese was holding onto the end of the shaft he reacted with just enough time to only allow the tip of the spear to be lodged into his shoulder. 

"But not good enough." Reese swung his hammer underhand and connected to Elizabeth's chin with a sickening crack and she went flying.

I heard a few groans from the crowed. I looked over to Mr. Griffon thinking he would stop the fight, but he just sat there eyes fixed on the two.

"That could've been bad Reese, I guess i shouldn't hold back." I looked over to Elizabeth, she had a grin and was wiping the blood from her lip.

A fire grew from her eyes and she crouched down and launched at such a high speed you could see a gust of wind. Just as quickly Reese launched at her. Elizabeth defiantly had him beat with her speed. If she can wear him down she may be able to find an opening.

They're weapons clashed at super speed each reading the others attacks dodging and parrying trying to find an opening.

Reese through another vicious uppercut, but instead of trying to avoid it Elizabeth jumped and put her feet on the head of his hammer launching herself straight up into the air.

"Take this". Elizabeth gave a thrust mid air and just from the momentum of her thrust launched at lightning speeds towards Reese below.

He raised his hammer to protect himself from the impact, but he wasn't strong enough to withstand her power.

Reese flew back about 30 feet, he struggled to get to his feet only for Elizabeth to rush him and stop just short of her spear impaling his head.

"Give up?" Elizabeth asked.

"Ya, yah you win." Reese said holding up his hands in defeat.

murmurs began in the crowed with the sounds of appreciation for the battle before they all started chanting Elizabeths' name.

"Well done both of you." Mr. Griffon said walking over to them, when did he even get up?

"Yah i defiantly got alot of work to do if i want to catch up to you." Reese said giving Elizabeth a thumbs up.

"And I  have to work just as hard to make sure that doesn't happen." she smiled and raised her hand giving Reese a high five.

"Yes yes very good, now if you two may return to your seats, lets get the next set of combatants up here." Mr. Griffon looked over to Tessa and Connor raised his hand and beckoned them forward.

Tessa stood. "Mr. Griffon we believe it would be best if me and my brother skipped this demonstration."

"Why is that?" Mr. Griffon asked.

This time Connor spoke up. "Mr. Griffon by no means am i saying we're better than the rest of the class, but we have already had enough training with our weapons, that i'm afraid the arena wouldn't hold together with it's current state."

"Ah i see your point, yes i suppose i will have to put up the protections we normally have for the upper class for you two. Very well you may sit."

Tessa and Connor nodded and sat back down.

"Are you two really that strong?" Jean asked.

"We aren't amazing or anything, but we know enough that we wouldn't be able to prevent any damages to this arena." Connor said.

"Oh yes it would probably get us kicked out." Tessa giggled.

"Lance, Lexia your up!" Mr. Griffon yelled.

"Don't worry I'm sure you will do great" Jean gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"I could've used a kiss for luck." Jordan joked.

"Oh i'm sure Tessa will be more than happy to oblige next time. isn't that right?" Jean joked looking from Jordan to Tessa.

"Of course all you have to do is ask cutie." She blew Jordan a kiss, and again he went bright red and fell to the floor.

"Hey are you done joking around?"

I looked over and saw Lexia waiting for me at the exit of the stands.

"Yah I'm coming." we began heading over to the center of the arena.

"Don't expect me to go easy on you just because we are friends." Lexia said to me as we walked.

Wow in all this time since we met i think this is the first time she ever called me her friend.

"Your concern is appreciated, but don't worry i wont." I gave her a reassuring smile.

"Please take this seriously." She gave me a pissed off look. " you've already been attacked once. you need to learn to defend yourself."

"Wow, i didn't think you cared."

"Don't get me wrong Lance, we are friends but if you died id be sad yeah, but it wouldn't be the end of the world for me. But it would destroy Elizabeth." We made it to the center and split apart each walking in apposite directions.

Mr. Griffon now back in his seat at the stands, looked to us both. each of us giving him a nod.

"Begin!"

Before i could make my move Lexia moved and was already on the attack she closed our 30 foot gap in seconds and she was about to slash me right in the face with her sickles. I raised my Sword to try and block her attack, but at the last second she dropped to the ground and kicked my legs out from underneath me i fell right onto my back. My vision blurred.

Come on Lance you are better than this.

I heard a voice in my head. that snapped me into focus just with enough time to see Lexia swinging down at my chest. I raised my sword and our blades connected. I could feel her still using all her strength to push my sword out of her way.

"Come on Lance, you have to do better than this." Lexia said through gritted teeth.

I Chose you for a reason Lance, use your strength.

Thanks creepy voice in my head. I gave a strong push and Lexia went off balance her arms flying up.

Now's my chance i gave a wild swing towards her legs, but Lexia managed to do a backwards cartwheel so my sword swung harmlessly through the air. However it did give me enough space to get back to my feet.

"There you go." Lexia said with a smirk.

My heart was bursting my adrenaline was starting to kick in.

Calm yourself child.

Lexia launched another flurry of attacks. I struggled to keep up my defense each block sapping more  of my strength.

Hey thanks for all the advice, but I'm out classed here.

How so?

Oh sweet you can actually hear me?

Of course, now what is this about being out classed?

I thrusted my sword for Lexias chest only to have her hook my sword with the crest of her blade forcing me off balance, and then she finished it off with an elbow to my nose.

blood was dripping from my nose for a few seconds before i felt the healing affect of the arena.

She's much stronger, faster than me. Can you not see that? 

Don't sell yourself short, you both started training today. She is just more susceptible to her Bellator powers.

Great thanks for the info how does that help me now?

Another vicious attack came from Lexia the time her leg came flying for my face, i raised my arm to absorb the impact. but instead of me flying backwards i managed to hold my ground and not move an inch.

Good give into your battle instincts and show this Hereticus why i chose you.

I was able to follow Lexias movements down, she was still moving fast but i had no trouble blocking her attacks. the battle fatigue i felt from before disappeared. 

"Its about time you started taking this seriously." Lexia said giving me a smile.

"Lets go!' I charged towards her feeling stronger than ever.

i raised my sword above my head and began to swing downwards when she slid low and caught my blade with her daggers. almost on instinct i turned my body and used all my strength to swing sideways. 

This sudden action caught Lexia off guard she tried to roll out of the way, but she wasn't quick enough. I was able to leave a shallow cut  on her bicep.

"Not bad Lance, but lets see you handle this." she threw one dagger at my face i deflected it harmlessly to the side, but it was only a distraction.

In that short time Lexia was able to close the gap and was swinging towards my side.

I bent my knees and managed to just avoid her attack. i swung for her side, but she leaped over me.

We turned to face each other, I felt a surge of energy and prepared myself for one final attack.

BOOM.

A sound of a bell broke the tension between me and Lexia.

"Alright students that's enough." Mr. Griffon said standing from his seat.

"What come on it was just getting good sir." one of the female elf students argued.

"Yes yes i know but that is the end of class, and you all have a much busier day ahead of you." Mr. Griffon began to walk over to me and Lexia.

"You both did very well, shall we call it a draw?"

Me and lexia looked at each other and nodded.

"Wonderful now go catch up with your friends and don't be late for your next class.

Me and Lexia began walking to the exit.

"You did well Lance im impressed." Lexia told me.

"Yah your not too bad yourself. I thought i was screwed at the beginning." 

"Well keep up the hard work and i don't think I'll have to worry about you getting killed anytime soon." she joked.

"Gee, thanks for that." i said.

"I'm serious Lance, if the our experiences so far tells you anything the danger is real and i fear not all of us will make it through the year."

Before i could ask her what she meant by that our friends ran over to meet us at the exit.

"You did great." Jean said running up to me and embracing me in a hug.

"Thanks i defiantly could've done better though."

"Don't sell yourself short man, Lexia is terrifying I'm just glad i didn't have to fight that phycopath."  Joked Jordan.

"I'm sure we could convince Mr. Griffon to let us go a round Jordan." Lexia said as she released Elizabeth from a hug.

"Uhhh, no I'm good." Jordan said holding up his hands in surrender.

"What class is up next?" Reese asked.

"I believe Calculus is up next." Tessa said.

"Shit what why?" Jordan yelled. "I suck at math."

"I'm sure Tessa would be more than happy to tutor you" Elizabeth teased.

"Oh no, I'm afraid Connor is much better at math than I." she said waving her hand.

"Don't worry Jordan I'll wip you into a mathematician shape." Connor gave him an evil grin.

"Please...no." he sobbed.

0