Chapter 9
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Calculus and a few more normal classes we found ourselves back in the dorm common area.

"If i ever have to read another book again i think i may die." Jordan said as he was sprawled out in the recliner in the common area.

"Really? your at a university you are going to be reading and studying constantly." Connor said.

"Yah what did you think you were getting into coming here?" Elizabeth laughed.

"Laugh it up, im here to learn to fight monsters, not Linear algebra." Jordan said flexing his muscles.

"Well don't worry ill make sure you pass all of your classes." Tessa said giving him a wink.

"Hey you really mean that?" Jordan shot up from excitement.

"Wow you managed to say a full sentence to her without having a breakdown." Joked Lexia, while giving a sarcastic golf clap.

Jordan froze.

"And he's broken again." said Lexia. falling backwards from laughter.

"So what club is every one thinking of joining?" Reese said walking over to join us, he just finished up a game at the pool table.

"Not to sure I'm thinking of practical magic and battle tactics." i  told him not wanting to admit that magical cooking actually sounded like the best for me.

"Both great options, I'm going for the Bellum club myself." He said giving a cocky grin.

"Oh looks like we may get a rematch sooner than I thought." Elizabeth said hitting her fist into the palm of her hand.

"Oh bring it on!" Reese yelled raising his fist in the air.

The rest of us began to laugh.

"What about you Jean?" I asked.

"I'm going with ancient witchcraft. My sponsor said is would be the best option for me."

"Why is that?" Connor asked. 

"Well she said that primal magic is way more powerful than what will learn in class and seems to think i may have a knack for it. Ancient witchcraft is the starting point." She said.

"Really with your match with Jordan id thought you would be going out for the Bellum club." Chimed in Elizabeth.

"Don't get me wrong i was really was thinking about it, but my sponsor knows what's best for me to get stronger." Jean said, as she started leaning into me to rest her head on my shoulder.

"Well damn." Elizabeth said resting her chin on her hand. "What about you two?" She looked over at Tessa and Lexia. "I don't want to be the only girl in our group joining the Bellum club am i?"

"Don't you worry I'll definitely be there, can't wait to let out some anger." Lexia  said giving an evil laugh, now standing she began walking over to sit next to Elizabeth on the sofa.

"Great." Reese said with a nervous look, he looked over at Connor and Tessa, who were both seated on the floor. "And what about you two?"

"Oh we actually get to try out a bunch before we decide, I have nothing particular in mind." Said Connor.

"Wait why do you get to try out for a bunch of clubs?" I asked. doesn't seem too fair.

"Well because we aren't Bellatores, unlike elves, dwarves, humans and some other species. we aren't descendants of heroes, and don't get sponsors. So we have no voice in our heads telling us what is best." Tessa chimed in.

I guessed that kind of made sense, so far i'd figured out that just like vampires, werewolves, Gnomes, and fairies. Gained their skills and abilities from their ancestors with teachings passed down from generation.

"Yah well with an ancestor like Dracula, who needs a sponsor!" Jordan joked. "Now hey aren't any of you going to ask me what club im joining?"

"Nope its pretty obvious." Lexia said.

"What? no its not." argued Jordan.

"Dude of course it is, you laterally said you were only here for one thing. And after seeing how you are in class, its not surprising." I Joked.

"Come on man i thought we were supposed to be friends." Jordan said with a pathetic look in his eyes.

"Fine Jordan tell us what club your joining. I bet its bellum though." Elizabeth Said.

"Oh yes, most definitely." Agreed Jean.

The rest of us gave a nod of agreement.

"Oh come on guys, you don't have to be so mean." Cried Jordan.

"Oh don't mind them Jordan, maybe i'll join to so we get some more time together." Tessa said blowing him a kiss.

He went beat red and collapsed to the ground.

"Man down!" Reese yelled.

"Seriously man you got to work on your skills with women." Lexia began to laugh hysterically again. 

"Stay with me man!" cried Reese.

That made us all break out into laughter. we started talking more about what we were expecting from this school year, and after a few hours the common room was pretty empty we were the only ones still out the rest of the students went to their rooms.

"Hey anyone want to watch a movie or something?" I asked.

"Eh it's getting pretty late." Said Jordan.

"What come on we don't have any classes tomorrow just club try outs, and those don't happen until later in the day." I argued.

"Well what did you have in mind Lance?" Elizabeth asked.

"I'm so glad you asked, How about Camp Homicide 3?"

"Isn't that a bit dated man?" Lexia said standing up and beginning to stretch.

"Right? i think that one came out when my parents were in highschool." Reese laughed.

"I believe the word you are looking for is classic." I said standing up from the couch.

"I'm afraid i don't know anything about this Camp Homicide." Tessa said.

"Wow seriously?" I asked a bit confused i mean the movie is dated but the character has been in so many different types of media so he's pretty recognizable.

"What is it that popular?" She asked.

"Yes it's extremely popular." I yelled.

Tessa jumped from surprise in her seat from me yelling. 

"Don't listen to him Tess, it's only popular with horror movie fanatics." Elizabeth teased.

"Don't lie, you enjoy that movie too. Sorry Tess I didn't mean to scare you." I looked over to the tv just now realizing it doesn't have a VHS player. "Well damn never mind No VHS player means no movie." By my surprise a few of the others groaned in disappointment.

"We could always just watch it on the TV in our dorms living room," Reese said, "I'm sure we can connect my laptop to the TV, and we will definitely find that movie somewhere."

"Hey that's a pretty good idea, i think i even have some snacks in the pantry." Jordan said, rubbing his stomach as he got up.

We all got up and started heading for our dorm, except for the girls who started making their way to their own room.

"Hey are you all not coming too?" Reese asked.

"Yah, just going to get changed into pajamas. We will be right over." Lexia said as her and the other girls went into their dorm room.

After making it into our dorm room Jordan pushed me out of his way and took off towards his bedroom.

"Woah man what's the fire?" I asked almost falling over onto the kitchen counter.

"I have to make myself presentable for Tess!" He yelled as he slammed his bedroom door shut.

"How does that make you feel?" Reese laughed looking over at Connor, who had an annoyed expression on his face.

"Don't even start with me right now Reese." Connor started going through a cupboard in the kitchen and pulled out a few large plastic bowls. "Now make yourself useful and fill these bowls with snacks."

"Nah man can't do it i got to get changed and go get my friend Jill." Reese said waving Connor off and heading into his room.

"Who the hell is Jill?" Connor yelled.

Reese peaked his head out his door. "Oh just some girl i met in class today. Hey maybe if your lucky she'll have a friend." He disappeared back into his room closing the door.

"I do not need or want companionship tonight Reese!" Connor yelled ripping open a big bag of chips to fill up one of the bowls. He looked over at me. "Well don't just stand there, make yourself useful and help me out here."

I began helping out with the snacks, just a some chips, pretzels, and of course popcorn, nothing too fancy. Oh and we did manage to sneak off with some alcohol from one of the Bellum club house parties. I began caring all of the snacks over to the coffee table in the living room. Connor set up some glasses and got some mixers for the drinks out of the fridge. He placed everything neatly on the kitchen counter.

"I'm definitely, going to need a lot of you tonight." I heard him say, i looked over and saw him rubbing one of the bottles of alcohol.

"You good man?" I asked nervously, he was eyeing that bottle a little too intensely.

Jordan shook his head. "Yes sorry about that, I'm not amazing with groups." he gave a pause. "However this right here." he held up the bottle with one hand and pointed at it with the other. "Is just what i need to tolerate everyone."

"Great good to know, well I'm gonna go get ready." I said as I turned and went to my room.

I decided to go with some blue sweatpants and a black long sleeved shirt. I made my way out my door and into the living room. and saw everyone besides Reese gathered in the furniture.

"Well look who decided to join us." I heard Lexia yell out.

she was wearing a black hoodie, and black, and red checkered pajama bottoms. she was laying on the floor in-front  of the tv next to Elizabeth. She was wearing grey sweatpants and a black crop top.

"Hey, Reese isn't even back yet." I said finding my spot on the couch next to Jean. She was wearing a giant green sweater and green sweatpants.

"Hey" i said sitting down next to her. I leaned over and gave her a kiss. "you look cute."

She blushed.

"Ew gross." I looked over and saw Lexia, and to my surprise Elizabeth pretending to gag, and then they began to laugh.

"No I think they're adorable." I turned my head to see Tessa wearing a fitting silky purple night gown. She was snuggled up to a beat red Jordan. He was wearing a tight sleeveless t-shirt and plaid grey pants. 

"Come on man show some dignity." I looked over and saw Connor on the large chair, he was wearing red pajamas that looked like they came straight from a 50s X-mas special.

"I'm good i swear." Jordan muttered out.

"Wow full sentence. Nice." Lexia said. This caused Elizabeth to laugh and she gave Lexia a kiss on the cheek.

Connor looked over at Tessa. "and you show some self control."

"No." Tessa said sticking her tongue out at him.

Just then Reese came bursting into the room.

"Sorry we're late" He said.

I looked behind him and saw two girls the first one looked like your stereotypical cheerleader. Tall blond hair blue eyes flawless skin, she was wearing a blue t-shirt, and blue pajama pants. Next to her was a athletic looking bronze skinned girl, she wasn't too tall probably Lexias height, but she had deep emerald eyes, and pointed ears. 

"Uhm Reese are you not going to introduce us to your friends?" The cheerleader looking one said.

"Oh right. My bad Jill." He said motioning to the girls. "This is Jill, and this is her friend Skifra. Now excuse me i have to get my laptop setup." Reese ran towards his door room.

While he was getting to his computer set up Jill sat on the other end of the couch that Tessa and Jordan were on, Skifra stayed standing.

"So What's the movie we are going to be watching?" Jill asked.

"Camp Homicide 3." I told her.

She gave me a nod of approval. "A classic" she said.

"You see." i stood and pointed at Elizabeth. "A CLASSIC."

she gave me the finger. "Would you shut up." Elizabeth looked over to Jill, and Skifra who was now standing behind the couch. "Anyway Jill, Skifra tell us about yourselves."

"Well as you know I'm Jill, I'm the second generation of Bellatores in my family, and I really enjoy science."

"Wouldn't have guessed that." I heard Lexia whisper under her breath. Couldn't agree more I thought to myself.

"I'm Skifra, and yes before you ask i am a wood elf. I am the first in my family to join this school." She looked over at Connor. "I was a little worried I'd be the only none human here, mind if i sit?"

It almost looked like Connor was blushing. "Do what you like." he mumbled.

"Hi I'm Tessa, don't mind my brother Connor he can be a bit shy." Tessa teased.

"Shut it." Connor yelled.

Tessa stuck her tongue out at him again. Then she began to introduce everyone else to the new comers.

"All right its ready." Reese said walking over to sit down next to Jill on the couch.

The movie began to play and the room was filled with hushed whispers. A few minutes in Connor got up from the couch and made his way over to the counter where the alcohol was, Skifra got up to join him. after a few minutes i looked over to see Connor giving a shy laugh to something Skifra had said. I felt a jab in my gut.

"Give them some privacy." Jean said giving me a playful look.

I gave her a kiss and we continued to watch the movie. A few more minutes later Connor and Skifra came over with a trey of drinks for everyone. After he had handed them all out him and Skifra sat back in the chair sitting a little closer this time around.

Awhile later the movie was reaching its climax. Only a 2 counselors remained and they were running through the woods, trying to escape the killer. In regular horror fashion one of the survivors tripped and was killed by the killer. Stabbed through the back with a metal spike. The final girl managed to barricade herself into a small cabin. She was hiding behind the door and just when the killer punched through the door, the lights in the dorm went out.

Screams erupted throughout the building.

'"Where did Tessa go?" I heard Jordan scream.

"Connor is gone too." Cried Skifra.

I heard Lexia and Elizabeth both scream. I shot up screaming for them, but no one answered.

"Jean we have to leave." I reached out for her, but she was gone too.

Just then I felt someone standing directly behind me but before i could turn around they muttered something under their breath, and i fell asleep.

0