Chapter 10
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up with my head covered my head covered by a sack. I attempted to move my hands but it felt like they were stuck together at the wrist, but i didn't feel any restraints. i could feel grass on my hands, I'm outside.

After a few stressed filled moments i realized i couldn't hear anything. I started to really struggle and tried with all my might to move my hands free. 

All of a sudden the sack covering my head disappeared. I saw Jordan laying an arms length away in a similar situation facing me. My hands became free. The unfortunate thing was, I was still still trying to force my arms free. 

My arm swung wild and connected to Jordans balls.

He curled up in a fetal position. "Oh man seriously." He looked at me tears in his face. "Why?"

"Dude I'm so sorry." I said getting up to my knee and reached over to help him up. 

Now standing on my feet, and holding the whole weight of Jordan up. I looked around and saw what looked like the entire first year class. We were in a grassy field, just at the other end of the field there was a stage, a man wearing a hooded black robe stepped out his face covered by shadow.

"Fucking run!" I heard a student yell, but before he could move fires erupted on pyres around the field lighting up the darkness.

More black robed figures surrounded the field. There was no escape. I heard a sound coming from the stage. The man began to speak in a deep tone.

"For centuries the students of this school have been a plague to the demonic forces." He held out his hand motioning to the individual fires. "Being warriors for the light the pure. Many of you will die gruesome deaths." He motioned to the robed figures surrounding the field. "Some may wish to join the forces of hell, but not tonight. No tonight is a special night." he stepped to the front of the stage. "TONIGHT WE PARTY!" 

Music began blasting, neon lights lit up the field, the figures removed their robes. It was the majority of the upperclassman in school. I looked back up to the figure on the stage. It was Aaron now wearing deep red skinny jeans a white dress shirt with a tan vest.

"You should have seen the look of your faces." I heard someone laugh. I looked over and saw Jordans sister Alice, and her Boyfriend Angelo running over to us.

"What the hell is your problem." Alice said looking over at Jordan, who was still hunched over.

"Nothing I'm fine." He struggled to stand straight. "What is this?" Jordan began motioning to the field.

"This? Lil bro this is your classes welcome party!" She said grinning.

"Hey guys!" I looked over and saw Elizabeth, Lexia, Jean, Reese, Skifra, and Jill running over to us.

"This is insane. There's like 5 fucking water slides over there." Lexia said pointing over to the corner of the field. That definitely was not there before.

"Oh yah there is plenty of stuff to do." Angelo said. He paused to take a sip out of his drink. "You see every year the upperclassman hold a massive party for you first years."

"Yep!" Alice chimed in. "And this year is probably the best one yet."

"Now why do you say that?" Angelo asked.

"Come on dude, do you really have to ask? I got to plan how we would get you all the freshman here." Alice said.

Angelo looked a bit shocked. "Did you just call me dude?" 

"Oh don't be so dramatic." She leaned down and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Alice looked over at us. "Anyway we will get out of your hair, go have fun."

Alice and Angelo left heading towards a group of people who were all wearing the same dark green with maroon accents jersey.

"There you guys are." We looked over to see Tess and Connor making their way through the crowd over to us.

"That was definitely eventful don't you think?" Tess asked.

"What part, the kidnapping or waking up here?" Asked Lexia.

"I mean all of it wouldn't you agree?" Tess said giving an overly enthusiastic smile.

"Wait how did they get you two? I mean shouldn't you have some freaky vampire power to see in the dark or something?" Jill asked. She was now wrapped around Reese who was holding her close.

"Well we do, but the vampires in the upper class got the jump on us." Connor said in an angered tone.

"Seriously aren't you two like crazy strong because of your lineage?" I asked.

"Well yeah," Tess said. "But they have experience, and Lucius."

"Who's Lucius? Another vampire noble?" I asked a little intrigued at the though of what other vampire legends could be real.

"He's the most pompous ass, in the noble hierarchy." Connor said with a pissed off look on his face.

"Oh he's not that bad." Tess laughed and wandered over to Jordan. "You ok?"

Jordan who was now standing straight but still had a pained look on his face. "Yah i'll be fine. I'm glad your ok, i was worried." 

Tess blushed. "I was worried about you too. Anyway." Tess looked back over to Connor. "You just don't like him because he beats you every time you spar."

"Not every time" He said begrudgingly.

"Yes every time, besides he's always been nice to you. you know giving you advice in combat, and women of course." She teased.

 "Would you shut the..." Connor began to say before Jordan interrupted.

"Hey why don't we just go check out what else this party has to offer?" He interupted.

"I think that's a great idea. Lets go." Tess said grabbing Jordan by the hand and pulling him away.

"Yah im going to find Aaron, i need to know more about Bellum club." said Elizabeth.

"I'd love to find a drink" Jill said.

"Oh definitely" Reese agreed. 

"Skifra you in?" Jill asked.

"Yah sure could be fun." She looked over at Connor. "Care to Join us?"

Connor went a little red in the cheeks. "Oh uhm sure." he wandered over and she took his hand.

Everyone went off in different directions leaving me and Jean behind.

"So what would you like to do" I asked her.

"Hm.." She put one finger to her lip thinking. "How about we take a ride on that?" She pointed to a giant Ferris Wheel.

I nodded in agreement, took her by the hand and we made our way over to get in line. We had a bit of a wait before we could get on. I looked over at Jean. She looked very beautiful with her hair being highlighted by the lights from the Ferris Wheel.

"You see something you like?" She said giving me a beautiful smile.

Crap i must have been starring too long. "You look really cute right now." I blurted out, which earned some chuckles from the other people in line, and Jean herself.

"I think you look quite cute yourself." She said, then gave me a kiss on the lips.

"Watch the public displays of affection." I heard a familiar voice call out.

I turned and saw the Dean walking by looking at us. He was wearing a palm tree button up shirt, a swimsuit and a pair of sunglasses. He was holding a coconut with a straw coming out of it. He took a sip lowered his sunglasses a bit with his finger and gave us a smile.

"I'm just kidding you kids enjoy the evening. I'm off to the water slide." He said pointing with his finger sunglasses pressed back onto his face.

"What an odd man." Jean said.

"Yah. couldn't agree more." I agreed.

After about 10 minutes we were in our seats and locked in. Jean held tightly to my arm as we went around, her grip tightening every time we made it to the top. eventually the ride began slowing down. The people behind us getting off.

"Well looks like we get to go around one more time." I said.

"great, that means were going to be stuck at the top while others get off." She said burying her face into my chest.

"Are you scared?" I asked.

She looked up at me "A little bit, I'm not the best with heights."

"Well then why did you pick to go on this?" I asked.

"Well it's a bit silly." she said, I looked at her inquisitively. "Fine it just seemed romantic you know like in the movies.

My mind went to an extremely popular romance movie. "What do you want me to hang from the seat and ask you to go out with me?" I teased.

She smacked me on the chest. "We're already dating you dork."

I gave her a sly grin. "I don't think its a silly reason. Besides this view is going to be great."

The ride began to move again, it rotated around and stopped occasionally to let people off. Before i knew it we were near the top of the wheel.

I looked out and saw the entire campus. The Library, and Breac hall were the clearest. The engravings on the roofs seemed to give off a faint glow in the moonlight. I could see all the individual dorms, and some of the smaller buildings. I noticed the party was taking place in was just through the woods on the south side of campus.

"Jean you've got to see this." I shook her gently.

She peaked up and her deep blue eyes widened.

"It's beautiful" She said giving me a smile.

As if on que fireworks began shooting into the air. illuminating the dark sky with colorful lights. i leaned in and gave Jean a kiss.

"Just like in the movies." She joked.

The ride remained stationary for a bit of time. The operator probably a bit distracted by the colorful fire works.

Something is not right. I heard the voice in my head say. Before I could attempt to reach out i heard Jean talk.

"It's a bit odd that the stars aren't out tonight, don't you think?" She asked.

I looked up into the sky, I don't know how i didn't notice it before, but there were no stars up in the sky above the school. Just a solid Large black cloud.

They're here.

Sirens began wailing across campus. The ride Jolted into motion faster than before.

"What's happening?" Jean asked holding me tightly again.

"I'm not sure." I told her. I began looking down to the ground below. It looked like the teachers and a few of the upperclassmen were trying to usher the first years back to the school. I saw Aaron and Nox, along with a stocky man in the center of the field waving their arms directing students. i scanned the crowd below searching for Elizabeth. I saw Lexia and Elizabeth running into the woods in the opposite direction of the school.

"We need to get back to the school." I told her. I should make it a point to tell Aaron about Elizabeth and Lexia running off.

The ride was bringing us around and only a few more people were in-front of us waiting to get off.

Lance i need you to Listen. The voice in my head called out.

Ok i'm listening. I communicated.

I looked back up at the dark cloud and saw dark tendrils descending from the cloud at high speeds only to be stopped by an invisible force.

You must find your friend Lexia. She is in grave danger. The voice told me.

What do you mean?

They are here for her. They need her. You must save her. 

It was our turn to get off the ride.

Who is they, and why do they need her? I asked

That is all i am permitted to say. Go...NOW!

We got back onto the filed i turned to Jean. "We have to find Aaron." I grabbed her by the hand and started running. "Quickly."

We rushed through the crowed and tried making our way to where I saw Aaron from the Ferris Wheel. we weaved our way through the crowds of screaming students. We found Aaron still with Nox and the short stocky man from earlier.

"Aaron i need to talk to you." I called out as we ran up to him.

"Oh jesus Lance, cant admitting your love to me wait." Aaron said in a panicked tone.

"What no." I said annoyed. Come on man not with Jean around.

"Look Lance we have an emergency get back to the dorms." He said ushering me away.

"No Aaron, you need to listen to me now." I said putting a little bit of anger behind my words.

He looked at me. "Fine. What is it?" 

I looked at Nox and the other man, who i now realized had a giant black beard and was only about 4 and a half feet tall and, he was a dwarf. I walked over to Aaron and spoke to him in a hushed tone about what the voice told me.

His face got serious. He looked over to the Dwarf "Bolt get her back to the dorms." He said pointing at Jean.

"You got it Cap." He said.

"Wait what Lance I'm not leaving you." Jean argued reaching out to me.

"No time to argue." Bolt said as he picked Jean up put her over his shoulders and started running towards the main campus.

Aaron looked at Nox. "You got things covered here?" 

"Don't worry, but don't take too long you have 15 minutes before i come looking for you." she said confidently.

He looked over to me. "Jordan Lets go." 

We took off running, making our way to the spot i saw Lexia and Elizabeth head into the woods.

"You sure they went this way?" Aaron asked me.

"Yes, Aaron what's going on?" I asked.

"The school is under attack." He said raising his hand up in-front of him. His Large scythe appeared in his hands. It had a long black pole but three quarters of the way up the shaft turned into a human spine that connected to a skull at the top. The large blade curved was coming out of the mouth of the skull

"No Armor?" I asked willing my sword and armor out the adrenaline making it a lot easier.

"Not unless the situation is bad. Besides I look good." he joked.

We rushed into the woods. Aaron leading the way at a speed I struggled to keep up with. He stopped dead holding out his arm telling me to do the same, he pressed a finger to his lips. We sat and listened to the sounds of the forest, the sounds of alarms gone.

Then we heard the sounds of metal clashing deeper in the woods.

"Lets go." Aaron said rushing forward.

The sounds of metal clashing became louder the further we travelled. I started to see sparks through the trees. I then realized how dangerous this situation was. I could only hope we could handle it.

The trees opened up into another small clearing. I saw Elizabeth and Lexia weapons drawn against 5 red hooded figures each wielding a different weapon. I rushed over to their side.

"Are you guys ok?" I said as i made a defensive stance next to them.

"Yah, thank god your here." Elizabeth said. She had a few bad cuts along her bicep, but besides that she looked to be doing fine. Lexia on the other hand didn't have a scrape on her.

"How did you know we were out here? and did you bring back up?" Lexia asked. 

"Long story, I'll tell you later. Just Aaron Nox knows we are out here though." One of the hooded figures with a battle axe ran towards us. "Look out." I yelled.

Elizabeth launched forward meeting the figure head on. their weapons clashed each trying trying to find the others opening.

"Well where the hell is he?" Elizabeth called back, as she plundged the tip of her spear into the attackers shoulder.

I looked behind me, no sign of Aaron. "I don't know he was just here." I called out.

"Well that's just great." She called out, the attacker grabbed the shaft of the spear with their free and pushed it out, and slashed at Elizabeth. she dodged out of the way.

The figure wielding a Giant sword spoke. "Get the girl with the daggers. Kill the rest." 

The 4 figures all began to rush Lexia and I. We readied ourselves, I could maybe take one of them, but all 4 at once there was no chance. Just as they were about 15 feet away black daggers flew over mine and Lexias heads. They were aimed right for the attackers. The attackers attempted to dodge the projectiles. Three of them got lucky and didn't get a scratch on them the fourth caught a dagger to the forehead and fell motionless to the ground.

"Oh come on, couldn't you all have just died? Why did you have to dodge?" I looked behind me to see Aaron walking over. He was now wearing a dark hooded cloak with Pure black armor, it was too dark to make out if it had any designs on it. 

"Listen you two." Aaron looked over to Lexia and I. His eyes looked different, they had black smoke covering them. "I can take the leader, but you two will have to take on one each. Think you can handle that."

"Yah sure. Who are these guys anyway." Lexia asked.

"I'll tell you later." Aaron said as he launched towards the leader of the intruders. I couldn't focus on their fight though because the last two ran towards Lexia and I.

"I'll take the one with the hammer." Lexia said, jumping towards the attacker.

"Right." That left the one who was wielding a single crude looking dagger that had a jagged blade for me.

They moved in I tried using my swords length to keep them at a distance. our blades locked, and i saw their face they were human and had silver colored eyes. I pushed them away. they got off balance slightly, i swung for their neck. they bent backwards causing my blade to swing harmlessly through the air. They kicked up at my face I Just managed to move out of the way, only to see her blade stabbing out towards my chest. I raised my sword to block it. Not quick enough the jagged blade caught my side doing little damage to my armor. i threw a punch and connected to their face and sent them backwards.

I spared a moment, and saw Lexia sliding in between her attackers legs, slashing at them as she went.

"Now your gonna get it." I heard the Intruder with the dagger say.

They held up there had and a dark purple ball of energy with traces of lighting encircling it formed. they gave an over hand throw and it shot towards me.

Deflect it with your sword Lance. I heard the voice in my head say.

I raised my sword and absorbed the impact, it did not send me flying.

"How in the hell!" I heard them yell. I could now tell it was a woman's voice.

Using her surprise to my advantage. I held out my hand and shouted.

"Ignes!" A pale blue flame shot out of my hand. I ran forward chasing after the flame. She raised her blade to block the spell. Just as it connected with a giant boom i jumped forward, my sword raised to give a sideways slash. The explosion caused a plume of smoke, and i used it to cover my real attack. i swung and felt my blade connect with something solid. The female intruder cried out in pain.

The smoke cleared and i saw my blade deep in her side. Her hands were pushing on the blade in desperation to stop it from cutting her in half. She looked up at me and began caughing up blood.

"Damn it." I looked over and saw the leader being pushed back by Aarons assault. 

Aaron fought using a mixture of physical attacks and magic. he twirled his scythe and never created an opening for the attacker. Keeping them on the defensive. Aaron feinted a spell slowing his scythes motion, and drew in the attacker. He lunged for Aarons chest. Aaron sidestepped and slashed at the attackers arms severing one hand from the wrist.

"Damn it we need to retreat." He barked an order.

"But what about the others." I heard the one who had been fighting Lexia call out. He had multiple cuts and stab wounds all over his body.

"Leave them." The leader said as he threw a small ball at the ground. A large black cloud of smoke covered the area. When it cleared the attackers were gone. I pulled my blade from the attacker and they fell to the ground choking on their own blood.

I looked at her as the life slowly left her eyes. She kept eye contact with me. I killed her i though to myself. I killed a living person.

"Elizabeth!" I heard Lexia call out, i turned to look where Elizabeth had been fighting

Elizabeth was kneeling on the ground. Lexia and I ran over to her.

"Are you ok?" Lexia said as she knelt down to help her up.

"Yes I'm fine he just got a lucky hit on my leg." Elizabeth groaned leaning into Lexia.

I looked down and saw that her thigh was bruised and turning a dark purple, it had a slight unnatural bend.

"Well at least it wasn't the sharp end." I joked. Elizabeth gave me a smile.

"Thank you Lance, I think we would've been done for if you and Aaron didn't show up." Elizabeth said.

"You all did quite well." Aaron said wiping the blood off his blade his armor gone.

"Yes I'd say they did." I looked over to see the Dean, Ms. Burstorm, and Mr. Griffon walking over to us.

The girl i fought started making noise from the blood in her throat. She's not dead i thought.

"Mrs. Burstorm make sure that one lives we will need to question them." Said the Dean.

Mrs. Burstorm Nodded and wandered over to the girl and began casting a spell that had a bright green glow.

The dean looked at Mr. Griffon. "Make sure there are no other intruders."

Mr. Griffon went off into the woods. The dean walked over to us,

"Well that was sure some party. wouldn't you agree?" He joked.

Before we could speak up the dean interrupted.

"Mr. Basil would you mind escorting these underclassman back to the dorm?" He gave Aaron a soft smile.

"Of course." He looked over to us. "Lets get going."

"Oh but first drink this." The dean handed Elizabeth a small glass vile with dark red liquid in it. "This should heal your leg in no time."

Elizabeth took the vile and drank it. within moments the bruises on her leg disappeared and she could walk again.

"Damn that's awesome." Elizabeth said.

"Yah yah super cool ok lets go." Aaron said motioning us along.

"hey Aaron what's going on?" I asked as we walked through the woods.

"We'll talk when we get back to the Bellum club house." He said.

"We're not going back to the dorms?" I asked.

"No we have a lot to talk about." Aaron said. We made our way through the woods until we made it to the Bellum club house.

0