Case 79: The holy country of Neveah – Silaerob.
1.5k 10 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*****

''Did you know?''

Huh?

''Your voice doesn't fit your appearance in the slightest.''

H-Hey! I am still growing up, alright?

''Are you going to be bigger than this?''

Why not?

...I guess so.

Holding a bundle of joy in my heart, I turn to the sky. By this point, Nova's blizzard has completely died down, leaving a starry sky and a bunch of marine swimming around. As I keep stroking the orca's head, information inside my domain floods into my head.

It seems the fight inside the Backrooms is nearing its end.

Soon, phase three—the final phase of the arc will descend. Befitting the first major plot point in the protagonist's journey, this arc is packed with content, be it fights or lore pieces. However, if the plan goes according to plan, we should be able to end this phase instantly.

Looking over the railing, I see the main church, which now bears numerous scars from the previous fights. The whole area around it is in a tattered state as well. This is going to cost Neveah a lot to repair.

Well, it is not my problem.

I should be concerned about something else... Yes, my status. I am level 55 right now, which is quite insane. As a whole, I gained 12 levels from this operation. Ridiculous.

As for the skill points... I guess I'll leave it to later. There is nothing urgent, after all.

''Hm?''

Noticing a presence behind me, I casually turn back.

''Hah... Hah... Hah...''

A girl with shoulder-length pale blonde hair can be seen fanning her face, panting.

''...''

It's Claire.

Why is she here??

''U-Um, hello?'' Claire greets awkwardly, her green eyes sparkle in excitement.

''...''

''Ah, my name is Claire!'' Claire continues, putting a smile on her face, and walks closer to me. ''Actually, I've been a big fan of—''

''Student! What are you doing?!''

Before Claire can finish her sentence, Claudia Heisenberg swoops in from nowhere and holds her back. She looks at me cautiously, sword out.

Considering Nova and her army are still here, that's the correct attitude to take.

''...''

''...''

Not wanting to feel this uncomfortable silence anymore, I quickly take a look at my surroundings. From the rooftop of the building that I am standing on, even the faces of the holy knights encircling me can be clearly seen.

They finally finished evacuating the city's citizens a few moments ago and came back. Rightfully, the only potential harm left is me and my subordinates.

Still, seeing how they're hesitating to approach me, it seems I have successfully established my power.

''Miss G.''

Right then, Claudia speaks up, her eyes never stray from me.

''Do not call me by that name.'' I reply. 

''What should I call you, then?''

''...''

This is a fantastic chance to change that cringy name they have put on this identity. What would be a good one... 

The first thing people would think of when someone mentions 'Aurora' is obviously going to be an aurora borealis. Borealis...

This will do.

''Silaerob.'' I utter. ''Call me Silaerob.''

At this moment, Claire immediately makes an 'input' face and nods repeatedly. Nevertheless, Claudia seems skeptical.

''What is your goal, exactly?'' She asks.

''You need not to know. See the results.'' 

''...It would be beneficial to you as well if you could prove your stance toward humankind, wouldn't it?'' She glances at Nova in particular. ''You don't want to be targeted by everyone.''

Somewhat, this irritates me. 

The selfish, narcissistic person inside me doesn't want anyone to mess with what I plan to do or go against my stance. It's annoying.

So, rightfully, I narrow my eyes.

[Domination].

''Do I?'' I say in a low voice. ''Be prudent. Do not lose sight of the true enemy.''

In an instant, Claudia raises her sword and takes a battle stance while the knights below also begin to tense up. A drop of sweat can be seen on the head professor's wary face, trickling down her cheek.

''W-Wait, professor...!'' Claire hurriedly grabs Claudia's hand. ''This person is—''

''Stand back. It's dangerous.'' 

Hm... No need to be that wary of me, isn't it?

As the silence goes on, it is evident that the other side is willing to take the risk of fighting me, even if it means costing many lives. I guess Nova's influence as a ruler in Zircon and an 'evil' entity is just that big.

However, I do not have time for this silly play anymore.

''Nova. Let us go.''

I turn around and jump down the building, landing perfectly on my two feet. The image of myself getting hurt when I did the same thing back in Zircon lingers in my mind. 

I've come a long way since then.

Nevertheless, together with Nova, I calmly walk toward the main church. The holy knights, who happen to be in the way, cautiously split to create a path for me.

This time, fair and squarely, I enter the church from the front gate. 

As I pass through the long hallway donned with stained glass of religious figures, I can sense a few knights tailing me in secret and... Are those three Sierra's subordinates?

Whatever.

The important thing is that the fight inside the Backrooms has concluded, which means phase three should be happening soon. Eventually, I reach the throne room.

''Stay here.'' 

With Nova blocking any tail, I walk behind the small throne and press a button there. The ground rumbles slightly, revealing a secret pathway going down. 

A two-minute walk later, I arrive at a large underground space where long corridors have been built around a colossal golden egg. It radiates a faint golden aura, illuminating the space just barely.

In an instant, I spot a robed figure and a vague female figure far on my left. Soon, they also notice my presence and teleport to me.

''Skely, Ariel.'' I greet.

''Miss.'' Skely bows lightly.

''Yahoo~!'' Ariel flies around me energetically. ''Good job defeating those things!''

''Thanks.''

''As a former saintess, I can't stress enough how dumb and delusional those people were!'' Ariel crosses her arms. ''This generation of Neveah needs a reformation.''

''Maybe.''

''Mhm, mhm.'' The banshee friend nods like a chicken. ''Ah, right. I tested it briefly.''

''How'd it go?''

''I can pass through it normally.''

Hm... This is good news.

For the third phase of this arc, the essence of D-32 will return to this egg and cultivate for a certain amount of time before wreaking havoc again with another dragon body. 

That's right. The real boss is still sleeping within this egg wall.

In the game, the egg is canonically indestructible, so the protagonist's side doesn't actually have a way to defeat the main body of D-32. In the end, I think Luxia goes crazy from grief and obliterates the boss through the connection with AEN-088 or something along those lines.

But Luxia is currently sleeping in the Backrooms, and I want the boss's experience to go to my side. As much as I want to farm the dragons for levels, the later versions of it don't give any, allegedly. 

My gauntlet is blocked, too, according to Chloe. The game doesn't allow the player to cheese this part.

The only option left is for Ariel to clip through the egg wall and kill it.

The last time I freaked out about Luxia discovering Ariel's existence was because the boss might have designed something to block Ariel, but I guess it wasn't able to.

''Well, it's your turn, Ariel.'' I gently pat my ghost friend on the shoulder. My hand goes through her body, but it's the thoughts that count.

''Roger~!''

With that, Ariel rams herself into the egg.

A few muffled explosions happen, and the space rumbles a bit. Then, it goes quiet.

[Achievement unlocked: The holy country of Neveah]

[1 skill points acquired]

There we go.

For now... The Neveah arc is complete.

Thank you to Embreal, Havocado, Endoles, Timecrafter, plancking, Arfel Santos, and lucas rodger for supporting my Patreon page!

88