Chapter 04: Spider Girl
533 4 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After looking further, I also noticed a large bed there... spiders seem to live comfortably in this world.

*Crash* Suddenly, there is a sound as if something heavy has hit the ground, so I use my wings to stay in the air and take a look. Spotting the object that hit the ground not far away.

 


Earth Wyrm Egg

An unhatched egg of an earth wyrm that is stated to be indestructible.


 

Next to the freaking dragon egg, there was a spider, likely the owner of the web apartment behind me. Which seemed to be enraged by the fact that it couldn't break open the egg.

 


Small Lesser Taratect

Level: 5/10

Skill Points: 80

Name: None

Status

---------------------------

HP: 30/30

MP: 30/30

SP: 27/30

OSP: 15/30

Offense: 12

Defense: 12

Magic: 12

Resistance: 12

Speed: 152

Skills

---------------------------

Stat & Ability Skills:

Skanda LV 1

Active Skills:

Poison Fang LV 4 ° Spider Thread LV 6 ° Appraisal LV2

Magic Skills:

Heretic Magic LV1

Resistance Skills:

Poison Resistance LV 5 ° Petrification Resistance LV 1 ° Acid Resistance LV 2 ° Rot Resistance LV 1

Passive Skills:

Night Vision LV 9

Other Skills:

Taboo LV 2 ° n% I = W

Titles

---------------------------

Kin Eater ° Foul Feeder

Description

---------------------------

Weak. Danger level F, the lowest possible. In addition to being weak stats-wise, all it knows how to do is charge at opponents head-on, so it is simple to defeat. However, some individuals will occasionally build nests, which makes them much more dangerous. If a nest is discovered, it should be destroyed immediately. Both the spider's thread and the spider itself can be destroyed by fire.


 

Spider

 

Even its description states that you should destroy it. As I mentioned earlier, System, grant me the 'Meteorite' skill, and I will act on it immediately.

... Still nothing.

In any case, it appears to share the same fate as a slime, being considered weak. Even though it has far better abilities than a normal slime, especially its incredible speed…

Regrettably, I can't appraise its skills or titles to understand what they are or what they do. Like the strange <n% I = W> skill it has.

To be honest, it seems more like an error in the System rather than a legitimate skill. And I don't want to become bugged or something like that if I devour it…

As if sensing my intention to devour it, the white-black spider, which seems to have emerged from a nightmare, suddenly starts frantically scanning its surroundings.

And man, I've seen plenty of ugly spiders, including some enormous ones, during my visit to Australia, but this creature surpasses them all. It's approximately one meter long, with eight pink eyes, giving it a horrific appearance.

Its mouth features two fangs and numerous tiny, sharp teeth that spiders typically shouldn't possess. The body is otherwise spider-like, with eight legs and a large abdomen adorned with black dots.

Yeah, one thing is for sure, I need to burn this whole place down...

The spider then gazes upward and spots me, sending an uncomfortable sensation through me, as if someone had peered into my browser history or something like that...

I suspect this is the effect of <Appraisal> since it lacks any other skills capable of such a thing. The spider freezes for a moment, then raises its front legs to its face, as if in a state of panic, unsure of what to do next.

There's something strange about this spider… I can't put my finger on what, but it feels abnormal. Even though I've never encountered another living spider before from this world.

But its habits and behaviors are not like those of the other monsters...

Since my <SP> and <MP> are starting to get dangerously low, I cancel <Mimic> and gracefully land on the ground, which makes the spider's mouth hit the ground.

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Skill [Mimic LV 2] has become [Mimic LV 3]>

One thing is certain, it doesn't behave like the other monsters that attack on sight when seeing a seemingly weak slime. Could it be that it's not a real monster at all? It's easy to find out.

I pick up a small rock and begin to etch the word 'human' into the ground. Then, I point at the spider with one tentacle and form a question mark with the other, before moving slightly away to give it some space.

The spider initially approaches cautiously, then leans in to examine my writing, but eventually tilts its head in confusion.

It appears that it can't read English... I forgot that only people from Japan get isekai'd, so perhaps I should have written it in Japanese, but unfortunately, I can't.

I gestured with my tentacle for it to step away and go back to my writing before drawing a poorly executed stick figure.

It approached again and examined it closely before becoming agitated, looking back and forth between me and the figure.

Then it calmed down a bit, took some deep breaths, and used its front leg to draw something on the figure before beginning to crawl around excitedly.

I looked at what it had drawn, and the spider suddenly became female after adding a skirt to the stick figure. Well, as my favorite band used to say in the end, it doesn't even matter female or male.

But what matters is that I was correct. She is in a similar situation… the question is, are there more like us here?

And how should I tell her that I'm a male? Well, at least in my previous life...

Could I draw a new stick figure with a penis? As I pondered, the spider seemingly began visually narrating her story so far.

First, she used her spider thread to wrap herself completely, showing she had difficulty breaking free. Then, she created many small spiders around her and a larger one beside her, revealing her fangs, and pointed at the large spider.

Afterwards, she tried to convey a shocked expression by placing her front legs near her face and started to move in a zigzag pattern as if dodging something. She then proudly pointed at her home before concluding her performance.

Ok… let me summarize her story. She hatched from an egg with many spiders, then a large spider attacked her, and she had to flee until she arrived here and created a home. I hope that's accurate?

Maybe having the <Telepathy> skill or something similar would be helpful. But I heard <Insufficient skill points> in response…

So, there really is a telepathy skill. The question is, how do I obtain skill points? Can I absorb them? Probably not, as some slimes had one skill point when I devoured them, and nothing happened.

*Growl* Is someone hungry? I suddenly heard her stomach growl and briefly feared that she might try to eat me, but she looked at the egg while holding her stomach sadly.

If I had known that there was another Isekai "protagonist" here, I would have brought her some of the monsters. Even though I'm unsure how I would have managed to carry them with this body.

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Acquired skill [Stomach LV 1] and [Absorb LV 1]>

 


Stomach

Allows the user to store non-living materials in their body without being weighed down by them. The capacity of the user's stomach depends on the level of this skill. Items in the stomach are not affected by time.

Absorb

Allows the user to absorb non-living materials without devouring them.


 

Nice, I've essentially got a storage skill. Now only teleportation is missing, and I'd have all the necessities for a real isekai story. Anyway, everything with time, I also hadn't yet a beach episode…

Also, this skill doesn't solve our current problem... Maybe I can dissolve the hard shell with my body and help both of us? She gets a nice wyvern baby for breakfast/lunch/dinner, and I acquire some tasty skills.

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Acquired skills [Acid Attack LV 1] and [Acid Resistance LV 1]> That should make it easier to break down the shell without accidentally dissolving the entire egg.

The question is, why does the system give me these skills? Do I only need to recognize some elements of the skills or something like that? If so, there are so many other skills I could learn. I need to test that out later…

But first, let's help my spider friend here. I slide over to the egg and raise my body to engulf the egg. My intention was to use <Acid Attack> afterwards, since <Devour> also works this way…

However, before I can do it, the spider seems to be startled and shoots a thread from her butt at me, which wraps around my body. Before she then proceeds to drag me away from the egg.

'What is that about?' I ask her with a (?) tentacle, and she forms an (X) with her front legs, pointing to the egg and then toward her mouth… gesturing that she wants to eat it. 

Man, It's frustrating not being able to communicate. From her perspective, it probably looked like I wanted to steal her meal.

Maybe I could draw some stick figures again to show her my intentions, but I never had the <Drawing> skill in my past life and still don't have it here. That's why I'm drawing stick figures in the first place…

Well, it's not important. I'll simply stay away from the egg for now until I find a way to communicate my plan. In the meantime, let me try something.

First, I give her a thumbs up, then think about how acid would come out of my body. In the next moment, blue liquid leaks out of me, dissolving the spider thread and freeing me.

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Skill [Acid Attack LV 1] has become [Acid Attack LV 2]>

I then grab the thread and use <Devour>, before slurping it down like spaghetti, to the shock of the spider who watches me with her mouth wide open before cutting off the remaining thread frantically hanging from her spider butt.

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Acquired skills [Spider Thread LV 1]> It seems like I can even use it in my slime form because I feel it activate when I think about it.

As I look back at the spider, she's holding her butt, and I can almost imagine tears in her eyes for some reason.

Perhaps she's uncomfortable with the fact that I ate something that came out of her butt. But in the same manner, she used it to bind me, so who knows what this is all about?

To change the subject, I use my tentacle and apply acid to it, then draw her house on it with a (?), essentially asking to see her home.

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Skill [Acid Resistance LV 1] has become [Acid Resistance LV 2]> Hmm? My tentacle dissolved a bit after applying the acid to it. So I can damage myself with my own skills? That's kind of dangerous.

She doesn't seem to notice my damaged tentacle and looks at the drawn house before her eyes begin sparkling. Then she gestures for me to follow her and takes the lead.

And so, I follow my new and first real friend in this world back to her comfy home.

 


Acid Attack

Allows the user to attack with acid in various forms. It also enables the application of acid on weapons.

Acid Resistance

Ability to defend against Acid-attribute increases.

Spider Thread

A special skill possessed by spider-type creatures. It can create customizable threads with various qualities, including viscosity, elasticity, resilience, texture, strength, and size.


Hey, everyone, and welcome to the end of this chapter.

Yeah, I'm aware that there is another fanfic with the same name that started earlier on Webnovel. Even the Perception skill is the same.

To be honest, this skill came up when I was searching for one in ChatGPT.

So simply enjoy both stories

36