Chapter 03: Bat
461 4 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 


Stealth
Hides signs of the user's presence.

Poison Fang
Attacks using fangs will be given the poison attribute.

Mimic 
An advanced slime skill that only a few slimes possess allows the user to transform into the creatures he devours.

Sliding
An essential skill for slimes, allowing the user to slide over the ground.


 

I found myself sitting on a rock while inspecting my skills. Or was I standing? I had no way of knowing since, as a slime, I was always in the same position...

Anyway, before that, I was "wandering" down a passage when, to no one's surprise, another passage awaited me. So, after crawling towards it, I found myself in a wide-open area again. 

This time, various monsters filled the space, either standing or engaged in combat. Most of them were mammals, such as deer-like monsters, and some six-legged wolves that seemed to be hunting them. 

The only problem was that they stood in groups or herds, making it impossible to approach without being instantly attacked.

So I observed them for a while before deciding to continue my journey with a heavy heart, as I couldn't take a bite from any of them…

Entering another passage, I suddenly felt something strange, and my body began to vibrate. <Proficiency has reached the required level. Acquired skill [Danger Perception LV 1]> 

Oh, that's not good... But where is it hiding? With my 360° view, I should be able to see it. Then, I noticed something like a shadow moving on the ceiling.

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Acquired skill [Motion Perception LV 1]

*Flap, Flap.* Moments later, the sound of wings flapping filled the air. I swiftly leaped to the side just as the shadow whizzed past me. But upon landing, I noticed that a portion of my body was now missing…

Oh, God! Something ripped a part of me away! Oh, no! This pain... wait, no, there is no pain. I nearly forgot that I have the <Pain Nullification> skill. Still, it's quite disturbing to lose about 25% of yourself.

However, it seemed not to be a problem for my slime body, since I could already see it regenerating.

*Flap, Flap.* I heard the flapping again, and this time I grabbed a small rock lying next to me and threw it in the direction of the flapping sound.

"Lash!" screamed the large bat-like creature when I hit it. And man, It looked like it came straight out of hell, with its red glowing eyes and demonic wings.

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Acquired skills [Throw LV 1] and [Hit LV 1]> Afterward, it landed on the ground, fixing an angry stare on me while revealing its vampire-like fangs.

 


Elroe Bat

Level: 5/10
Skill Points: 0
Name: None

Status
---------------------------
HP: 70/76
MP: 85/100
SP: 130 /152
OSP: 49/100

Offense: 74
Defense: 22
Magic: 33
Resistance: 22
Speed: 101

Skills
---------------------------
Active Skills:
Sonic Boom LV 2 ° Telescopic Sight LV 1 ° Hypnosis LV 1

Resistance Skills:
Paralysis Resistance LV 2

Passive Skills:
Night Vision LV 8 ° Stealth LV 6 ° Camouflage LV 6 ° Flight LV 5 ° Vision Enhancement LV3

Other Skills:
Taboo LV 3

Titles
---------------------------
Kin Eater

Description
---------------------------
Also known as the "vampire bat," this flying creature is highly agile and possesses dangerous skills to make up for its lack of defensive abilities. Its danger level is D.


 

Bat

Great... me and my non-existent mouth. Now I have a monster with Pokémon-like skills all to myself.

Suddenly, it seems to inhale a lot of air and then screams "Lash!" while shockwaves appear to erupt from its mouth, hitting me directly. 

And my body moves slightly backward, but my HP bar remains untouched, so I return to my original spot. It looks confused as if it expected something to happen. Perhaps it was trying to confuse me, but sound attacks won't work on me without ears...

Then its eyes start to glow more intensely, and I feel something engulfing my body for a second before it disappears. I form a question mark with my tentacle and ask the Pokémon what it's trying to do, making it even more confused.

It was probably its <Hypnosis> skill, but I have no eyes to get hypnotized by it, not to mention my <Status Condition Nullification>.

The only thing it manages to do is drastically reduce its <SP> and <MP> with its last two skills... "Lash! Lash!" it screams and flaps its wings angrily before jumping up and then dashing down toward me.

So I activate <Mimic> and transform into a mouse-rat, jumping away toward the wall to evade its wing attack before bouncing off it to gain speed and try to bite the creature. 

However, it simply flaps up into the air to evade my attack… Even when I move much faster in this form, it still has higher stats.

Afterwards, It seems to be waiting for an opening, while I take a step back toward the nearby wall.

When it sees me with my back against the wall, it immediately dashes down, opening its mouth to bite down on me. But I transform back into a slime and stretch out my body before activating <Devour>, which enlarges my body to the size where I can easily devour it.

The creature seems to predict what I'm trying to do and tries to stop its nosedive, but it's already too late, and it crashes into me, slamming us both into the wall.

Ouch, my <HP> dropped by another 50% with that hit, but luckily, I don't feel it. On the bright side, my body starts to engulf the stunned creature.

But before the engulfing is completed, it suddenly recovers and starts to bite down on me and slash with its wings at my body, tearing me apart from the inside.

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Acquired skills [Cutting Resistance LV 1] and [Piercing Resistance LV 1]>,<Proficiency has reached the required level. Skill [Body Repair LV 1] has become [Body Repair LV 2]>

Thanks, system. Only, it's not helping me now because my HP is already below 10 points. I stop the devouring process and use <Mimic> again to transform into a shredded mouse-rat.

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Skill [Mimic LV 1] has become [Mimic LV 2]>

Luckily, I can't bleed out, or it would be bad...

My transformation confuses the already exhausted bat, and I use its state to bite down with my fangs on its neck, hoping that if the bite doesn't kill it, the poison from <Poison Fang> will do...

"Las-" it screams a dead cry while my fangs bite nearly through its whole neck, and it stops moving immediately, making us both fall to the ground while blood gushes out of its body.

So I dispel the form, then activate <Devour> again to regenerate and claim my prize. 

Its body begins to dissolve, and I hear my only friend in the world. <Devour completed, assimilation into user's body was successful>

<Thanks to the assimilation, the user's body got the skills: [Sonic Boom LV 1], [Telescopic Sight LV 1], [Paralysis Resistance LV1], [Night Vision LV 1], [Camouflage LV 1], [Flight LV 1], [Vision Enhancement LV 1] and [Hypnosis LV 1]

<Superior Skills detected: [Night Vision LV 1], [Paralysis Resistance LV1] get discarded because of [Magical Perception] and [Status Condition Nullification]

The next moment, my slime body starts to blend in with the environment, thanks to the <Camouflage> skill I guess, but being invisible the whole time is kinda lame… thinking this, I become suddenly visible again.

Oh, so it's a toggleable passive skill. That's kinda nice. The other skills don't seem to work in my slime form. I wish I could mimic only body parts. 

Then, I could fly around without looking like the devil itself...

Anyway, because I had eaten this thing, my body is now completely restored, and all my bars are full again. Man <Body Repair> and <Devour> are simply amazing.

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Skill [Body Repair LV 2] has become [Body Repair LV 3]> It seems to appreciate my compliment?

Anyway, it's time to leave this place before more of these creatures decide to make a delicious slime their lunch, or breakfast... I have no idea what time it is now.

I activate my Camouflage and try to crawl, but when I move, my body dashes forward and then starts to slide along the ground until I crash into a nearby wall.

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Skill [Sliding LV 1] has become [Sliding LV 2]>

What the hell, that even damaged my <HP> a bit... The absorbed abilities are insane, and sooner or later, I probably can play the Slime Flash in the DC Comics.

The only problem is, I kinda noticed already that I was starting to become a glass cannon… and by absorbing the bat, it became even worse.

So the question is, how do I get sturdier?

I push my slime body away from the wall and then pick up a stone that is lying around, asking myself, 'What will happen if I devour this?' It has no stats, but it has characteristics that every object has.

So I throw it up and then use <Devour> to absorb the stone.

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Acquired skill [Hardening LV 1]> Oh... no assimilation? I'm fine with that, too.

I immediately use hardening, and my body becomes like a shiny stone. Haha, now no one can rip me apart that easily anymore. The only problem is that I can't move like that, at least not at level 1.

So, discouraged, I deactivate it again and try to move forward carefully to adapt to my new strength and speed. And soon, I was dashing through the labyrinth by pushing myself from the ground to let my body and <Sliding> skill do its work.

It's easier than crawling like a caterpillar because this way, the smallest movements allow me to move forward, and if I move normally without running for my life, the <SP> is not visible because it recovers immediately.

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Skill [Sliding LV 2] has become [Sliding LV 5]> Nice! That's the right way, System. Now it's even easier.

So I continue like that and do a bit of sightseeing in the cave until I reach a strange chamber. There's a shiny white web ball in the middle of it hanging from the ceiling.

In all directions, there are webs leading somewhere, but the strange part is the rocks that look like some alarm systems that were hanging on the web.

Do spiders in this world do something like that? It kinda piqued my interest, the web ball even has something like windows on it...

Since I don't know how my body would react to the web, I don't want to risk getting stuck in it, so I use <Mimic> to turn into a bat to fly up.

… Is this a web-made living room with a couch and a TV?

 


Status
---------------------------
HP: 223/223
MP: 214/214
SP: 306/306
OSP: 252/252

Offense: 113
Defense: 57
Magic: 54
Resistance: 45
Speed: 142

Skills
---------------------------
Stat & Ability Skills:
Body Repair LV 3

Active Skills:
Devour ° Poison Fang LV 1 ° Mimic LV 2 ° Hardening LV1 ° Sonic Boom LV 1 ° Telescopic Sight LV 1 ° Hypnosis LV 1

Perception Skills:
Danger Perception LV 1 ° Motion Perception LV 1

Magic Skills:
Heretic Magic LV1

Resistance Skills:
Pain Nullification ° Status Condition Nullification ° Cutting Resistance LV 1 ° Piercing Resistance LV 1

Passive Skills:
Unlimited Growth ° Magical Perception ° Stealth LV 1 ° Sliding LV 5 ° Throw LV 1 ° Hit LV1 ° Camouflage LV 1 ° Flight LV 1 ° Vision Enhancement LV 1

Other Skills:
Taboo LV 2

Titles
---------------------------
Kin Eater


Hardening
Allows the user to harden their body or an object he is holding.

Sonic Boom
An attack that creates sonic waves, capable of paralyzing and confusing the enemy.

Telescopic Sight
Derived from Vision Enhancement, this skill allows the user to magnify his view.

Danger Perception
The user's body warns him of possible dangers.

Motion Perception
Makes it easier to detect motion.

Hypnosis
The user can hypnotize beings by looking into their eyes.

Cutting Resistance
The user becomes more resistant to cut damage.

Piercing Resistance
The user becomes more resistant to piercing damage.

Throw
Improves power and accuracy when throwing objects.

Hit
Improves the accuracy rate in any situation.

Camouflage
Allows the user to blend in with the environment.

Flight
Allows the user to fly in various ways.

Vision Enhancement

Enhances vision.


 

Hello everyone, and welcome to the end of this chapter.

Next time, a meeting with a special spider...

38