Chapter 05: Naming
479 5 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We both crawled up a single thread, and I had to use a bit of acid constantly to prevent getting stuck on it. This pushed my <Acid Attack>, <Acid Resistance>, and <Body Repair> to level 5 by the time we arrived inside the web apartment.

What I noticed is that reaching level 5 in these skills makes them feel natural and like a part of your body. Also, as long as my resistance is at the same level as the attack, it seems to negate the damage to my own body.

For other creatures, I guess the <Defense> ability also plays a significant role in determining how much damage the acid could inflict.

While I was busy analyzing my skills, the Spider-Girl suddenly became shy and played with her front legs while showing me her creation, especially when we reached the bed.

Oh, I get it, this is the classic "walked into the girl's room, and we are alone" cliché. I'm really living the anime dream here. Sadly, we're both monsters, and she looks like she could literally eat me any moment.

Also, I'm still trying not to think about, that I lost my friend down there… a friend I had for 17 years.

But, other than the awkward situation, her apartment is great. Well, except for her sense of colors, which is terrible… because everything is white. 

Wait, maybe she can't create other colors? If I remember correctly, the skill description said nothing about them.

Let me try that out... I point to the bed to the shock of the Spider and then use <Spider Thread> and can feel that I can change various aspects of it.

Shortly after, a thick blue thread comes out of my tentacle and lands on the bed. Afterwards, I try to change the color, but nothing happens... Well, it seems you're stuck with the color you get.

To not waste the good thread, I use a bit more and create a small slime plushy that brings at least a bit of color to her small room. <Proficiency has reached the required level. Skill [Spider Thread LV 1] has become [Spider Thread LV 2]>.

Since she had no real expressions, I could only guess by her staring that she was perplexed by my actions, but then she went to the plushy and started to hug it.

She's really a spider girl... But I must say the white color kinda suits her... maybe I'll call her "White" from now on since it's better than Spider-Girl, spider, or nightmare...

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Acquired skill [Naming LV 1]> Oh...

White suddenly stops playing with the toy and looks at me while tilting her head from right to left.

 


Small Lesser Taratect

Level: 5/10
Skill Points: 84
Name: White

Status
---------------------------
HP: 30/31
MP: 30/31
SP: 15/31
OSP: 10/31

Offense: 13
Defense: 13
Magic: 13
Resistance: 13
Speed: 160


 

Now I've done it, I've named someone…. she will definitely get angry about that. Even though her skill points and stats increased by about 5% after I named her…

White looks at me then shows me her butt and shoots a small thread towards me, creating something like a web paper in front of me, before pointing towards it and then at me.

Is she asking me something? Maybe she wants to know my name now? I use my thread and make it extra sticky, to write "Cyan" on it.

She slings it back towards her and tries to read it, but it seems she can't if I interpret her head-scratching correctly. Maybe she was too young to learn English in her past life, or something like that?

Well, in the end, it doesn't matter since we can't talk anyway until one of us gets <Telepathy> or something similar—

Hmm? Why does my body suddenly vibrate, or does it shiver? <Proficiency has reached the required level. Skill [Danger Perception LV 1] has become [Danger Perception LV 2]> This is not good…

*Click, Click, Click* Suddenly, White's alarm system is triggered too, and she looks frightened around. But we don't need to wait long until something happens, because the next moment the whole place is filled with smoke and fire.

White dropped the plushy and tried to put out the flames while I looked around before spotting for the first time the humans in this world… but everything in me told me not to go and chat with them…

They wore leather and metal armor and looked like they came fresh out of an RPG game… I guess they were adventurers or something like that because every one of them had a different armor.

 

I wanted to scan them, but the smoke blocked my view, and I had to retreat before the flames reached me, while White seemed to get frozen when seeing the humans. So I wanted to slap her out of it, but before I could come closer, a flame wall suddenly blocked my path.

This woke up my spider friend too, and she looked at me through the flames. And I don't know why, but I could swear I saw tears in her eyes even when it should be impossible…

So I gestured for her to run, which made her nod and leave her apartment hastily, while I used <Absorb> on the half-burned plush and also tried to escape the place through another exit.

Luckily, the adventurers seemed not to have seen us yet, so I could get away through a passageway. <Proficiency has reached the required level. Skill [Stealth LV 1] and [Camouflage LV 1] have become [Stealth LV 2] and [Camouflage LV 2]>

After arriving in a narrow passage, I stopped to think about what to do now. Wait until the humans leave and then go back to search for her?

But for some reason, my feeling tells me she won't return there after some humans destroyed her home… and searching for her in this labyrinth is not possible without a <Map> skill or an actual map. 

<Insufficient skill points>... Sure, thanks for nothing, System…

 It's a real shame; I would have liked to interact more with her, and, as people say, it's also safer in numbers. But who knows, maybe I'll see her again someday if fate allows it, and if we live that long…

I make an imaginary sigh and then begin to slide along the passageway while checking my stomach for the only thing that's left after our short encounter.

 


Stomach Materials
1x Slime Plushy (Damaged)


 

What the hell did I name it, too? 

… Anyway, maybe when we meet one day, and she has forgotten me, I can remind her with that.

Suddenly, I stopped after realizing something... I met humans, which means they know where the exit is, and I can follow them to get out of this dangerous place.

The outside world should have fewer monsters, which would allow me to grow stronger without fearing death every second.

So I immediately turn around and slide back towards the adventurers while maintaining my camouflage, until I arrive back at the place where her web apartment was.

But no one was there anymore… No webs, no spider, no egg, and no humans. The only thing left is some footprints that the adventurers left in the ash. Luckily, that gives me a trail I can follow.

So I put on my slime sneakers again and follow them as fast as I can to avoid losing them. <Proficiency has reached the required level. Skill [Sliding LV 5] has become [Sliding LV6]>

After a while, their traces were no longer visible, but since it was only one big passageway, I had no problem—.

*Splash* Are you asking yourself what the sound was? Well, it was me slamming into a wall that split the one big passageway into two. It's official… I'm starting to hate this labyrinth.

So what now? It's not like I can split myself into two slimes and follow the paths. Or can I? I could swear I saw that in an anime, where some guy blessed by gods tamed slimes and made them do this. 

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Acquired skills [Split LV 1] and [Merge LV 1]> Ha! Got you, System...

 


Split
An advanced slime skill that allows the user to split himself. The created slime has no will, has only the basic slime skill the user learned, and follows only orders from the main body.

Merge
An advanced slime skill, allows the user to merge back with the separated slimes.


 

... Pretty vague descriptions, but that allows me to experience the effects myself. I concentrated on splitting myself in half, and suddenly my body ripped itself apart in two pieces. Basically, another me appeared next to me.

There was only one problem…

The splitting also took away half of my <HP>, <MP>, both <SP>, and half of all my abilities. Additionally, I became only half the slime now since I shrank down. This skill is truly a double-edged sword…

But at least it seems I can remotely control the other slime I named lovely, Slime1, and can even make a small display appear in my view that shows me its perspective.

<Proficiency has reached the required level. Skill [Naming LV 1] has become [Naming LV2]> Sure, why not...?

It can even attack something when I give it a mental order, demonstrated by the shadowboxing it's doing right now with its tentacles.

<Condition satisfied. Acquired title [Puppet User]>, <Acquired skill [Telekinesis LV 1] as a result of title [Puppet User]> How dare you call Slime1 a puppet... but still, thanks for the new skill.

... Never mind, it is so weak that I have difficulty levitating a small stone at level 1. I hope it gets better when I level it up. After some heavy stone lifting, I merged back together, and luckily, my abilities returned to normal. 

Also, I can sense that I can split into more than one slime. But the question is, what will raising the skill level do? And what will happen to my stats if the slime dies?

I will probably find that out soon. In the meantime, I can go after the adventurers…

Splitting 5% of my body away, I created a small slime, with the name Mini-Me. Then I made it crawl down the left passage while I took the right one to cover more ground.

 


 

Hey everyone and welcome to the end of this chapter.

The Title of the next chapter is "Dead".

34