Chapter 10: Before the final
109 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kaiba could only grit his teeth in defeat.

“Kaiba-boy, you are an intelligent man, you know the risks you were taking, right? In this game the losers lose everything... including his soul” Pegasus took out a card from his clothes “Penalty Game! “Mind Card!”

“Kaiba NO!” It looked like Yugi was going to jump to the first floor.

“Now, Kabia is also in a card” Joey seemed to be trying to hide his fear from him and he wasn't the only one.

(Like he did it?!) Weevil had not missed a detail and sees no reason for the businessman to appear to be in a coma (It doesn't matter, whether Pegasus is a real wizard or he has developed something that I can't understand, this is too dangerous!)

“Remove the corpse” Insect boy was chilled by the cold blood of the game creator

“Pegusus! I won't forgive you for this! I swear I will defeat you!” Weevil saw Yugi's change firsthand and this time being next to him he realized that he was not hallucinating.

(His height and features literally changed!... I never believed that illness I read about in a manga was true) He had seen this type of condition that involved a split personality changing the physical body in a manga that followed weekly, which was currently on part 6. “Yugi, this is not the time to think about Duel Monster! Pegasus just killed Kaiba in front of us! Even if you defeat him! What will guarantee that he won't do the same to you out of spite?!”

“You hurt my feelings, I would never do something so unworthy.” Pegasus looked offended.

"...Don't worry, Weevil, Pegasus can't take souls without first winning a game." The other Yugi seemed uncomfortable talking to Weevil.

(That sure makes me feel better...) He tried to roll his eyes seeing how everyone was taking this lightly.

"Don't take it seriously, do you really think Pegasus would kill Kaiba in front of a crowd of witnesses? It must be staged." Mai was not buying this matter and was only concentrating on the tournament, as for Keith, he couldn't care less if Kaiba was dead or not, he was only concentrating on winning and his revenge.

“I see we have an odd number of finalists, there were supposed to be 4, there are no good employees anymore” Pegasus shook his head “Only one of you will have the right to challenge me” An employee stepped forward

“Duelists, the finals will begin tomorrow, be on time and don't forget to bring the two special cards that were given to you with the invitation to the tournament, without them you will be disqualified.” He showed a model of these cards, the king's right hand which had the image of a treasure full of gold and jewels, and the king's left hand, which was blank.

“With all that said, rest my dear duelist, I'll see you tomorrow!” Pegasus left as if nothing had happened.

“Yugi, Weevil, Joey, good luck, from now on we are enemies” Mai left, leaving her bag in the room.

“I need to rest” Weevil had had too many emotions

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

It was night, Tea was preparing to sleep, the host was kind enough to give individual rooms, after the... interesting dinner they had had.

“I hope everything goes well tomorrow.” At that moment I heard a knock on the door. “Who will it be at this time?” She opened it without hesitation and there it was… “Weevil, what's wrong?”

“I wanted to talk to you privately, can I come in?”

“Of course.” If it had been when they had just arrived on the island, she would have slammed the door in his face.

They both stood in the middle of the room.

“Tea… How can you be so calm?”

“We're all worried about the final, but being a nervous wreck all night isn't going to help anyone.” She had to be ready to cheer, although she admitted that it would be difficult for her to sleep.

“No, I mean... we're on an island, miles from any help, and the owner just murdered someone in front of you, he could literally kill us in our sleep and no one could do anything.” He had to vent to someone.

Tea just gave him a reassuring smile.

“I understand, it can be scary, but Pegasus will not do anything to us as long as he needs to play against Yugi, we have been in difficult situations and Yugi has always come out ahead, I have no doubt that he will defeat him and recover the souls of his grandfather and the Kaiba brothers.

“I admire your faith in the face of adversity.” That was something he had to acknowledge to Yugi's group.

“It's not just because of me, we all have that trust because we are united by an unbreakable bond of friendship.” The girl, for some reason, looked at her hand.

“I wish I had something like that.” He didn't even know if they were classified as friends anymore, not that there were any signs or signs to indicate it.

Tea seemed to think about it for a moment and she got up to look for something.

“I can't give you the same bond as us, but you can have your own, now we are friends” The girl took his hand and with a marker she drew... a figure.

“Is it Butterfree? He could vaguely see the silhouette. (It's good that you want to be a dancer and not an artist)

“Yes, you are never alone in your confrontations, you have your cards and now us”

Despite the situation feeling quite cheesy, this gave him warm feelings inside.

“Thank you, Tea, I'm a little better now.” He still couldn't sleep well, but he wouldn't be terrified of closing his eyes and not waking up.

“You're welcome to have friends.”

“You do realize that I could be the one to face Pegasus, right?”

“Uh, well…” She had forgotten that the boy in front of her had been the only person to defeat Yugi.

“I'm joking, don't think that, I just hope you guys are right and Pegasus doesn't steal my soul when he loses, rest” He had no choice but to hold on to that.

“Yes, you too” She walked him to the door and just as he was about to separate they saw a figure coming out of a certain room.

“That's Joey's room!” Tea's voice made bandit Keith realize that he had company.

“What do we have here?...you're lucky, four eyes, you know how to enjoy a final, I remember when I could do the same, but I have to put them to sleep!” He lunged towards them with his fist raised.

"Help!" Tea began to scream while Weevil tried to use his Tesar to knock him down, but the bandit dodged without problems and hit him in the stomach.

“Ack,” he clutched his stomach as he knelt down.

"Do you think this is my first fight? In the United States, even grannies have guns." He kicked him in the chest, then grabbed Tesar to throw him away and went for Tea. “I'll be nice, sweetheart.” But before he took another step, Weevil grabbed him from behind.

“D-Don't touch her” He held on with all his strength.

“Damn persistent insect!” Keith tried to hit him from his position and managed to punch him in the face, sending Weevil's glasses flying.

"Leave it alone!" Tea was not going to watch and tried to stop him.

“I'll be with you in a second!” The bandit raised his arm to decide where to hit when he felt someone holding him from behind and he wasn't the bug boy.

“Do you think you can go around beating people and threatening my friends?” Joey had woken up because of the commotion and was not very happy.

Keih used his strength to get out of the arm grab, but he didn't have much movement because Weevil was still holding him, so Joey just hooked him on the chin.

“Get out of here Keith, at least I can knock you down with my fist since we won't face each other, the one who is still holding you will wipe the floor with you!” Joey picked up Weevil who had passed out.

“Are you okay!?” Yugi also woke up from the shock and only managed to see the bandit Keith fleeing and Joey holding the unconscious Weevil.

“I do, bug boy I think he just needs to rest, do you have a first aid kit, Tea?” Joey took him into Tea's room, which was still open.

“I think there is one in the bathroom” she went to look for him immediately.

“What were Keith and Weevil doing around here?”

"I don't know, stupid Keith maybe got lost, Weevil we could ask when he wakes up" The hooligan moved aside so Tea could clean Weevil's wounds, at least he would sleep the rest of the night.

(…Thank you) Tea had to admit that she was moved by how Weevil jumped to defend her.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The next morning, Weevil woke up confused as to why his body hurt until he remembered the whole thing with Keith.

(I'll have to get more self-defense equipment) He never imagined the world of card games would be so dangerous.

“Bug boy! You're ready?! It’s time for the final!” Joey practically broke down his door followed by Tea and the other Yugi.

“Learn to knock on the door, Wheeler, and I'm always ready for a duel.” He sighed, seeing that Tea seemed intact.

On the way I explain the situation at night to him.

“Thank you, Wheeler.” He was totally sincere.

“It wasn't a big deal, Keih is annoying.” Joey scratched his head, he didn't expect him to actually thank him.

Before they could say anything else, they arrived at the combat arena, the other participants were waiting.

“Good morning, guys, the time has come to decide who is the strongest on the island.” Mai had her usual confidence and suggestive outfit.

“I hope you're ready, bastard, I'll get revenge for last night.” Keith was leaning against a wall on the other side of the room.

“Welcome, proud duelists! You will face each other in this sacred place!” Pegasus, from a balcony, began his opening speech.

(It's like he didn't just kill someone in this place) He decided to deviate from that thought.

“Whoever survives will be given the prize of champions! Let me give you a preview!” Some employees brought a chest and opened it, it was full of jewels and gold “A prize of 200,000 dollars! “

“How many yen will that be?” Joey started counting on his fingers.

“It's all mine!” Mai was very excited

(I'll settle for getting out of this place alive) Weevil wasn't in the mood to think about him spending it.

“This prize will only be obtained after you surpass the other survivors and defeat Mr. Pegasus, the ruler of the Duelist Kingdom!” One of the employees finished the speech.

“I'll be waiting to see who defeats me.” The creator was not nervous in the slightest as he watched his adversaries.

4