Chapter 11: Normal vs Machinery
81 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The first fight will be between Weevil Underwood and Bandit Keith” The announcer pointed to a screen where the distribution of the tournament was seen.

“Why do I have to face more grief?” According to his position, he had to beat Keith and then face Mai and finally whoever wins between Yugi and Joey's duel.

“The positions were chosen at random at dinner last night,” the worker responded.

“You don't have to worry, because you will be eliminated in this round, a champion of a shitty country has nothing to do against the bandit Keith” The bandit sat down ready to play

“Just because you call yourself the bandit doesn't make you intimidating.” Bug boy sat on the opposite side, now they were on his turf.

“Both show your cards to have the right to the duel.” In response, Weevil showed the king's left hand and Keith showed the king's right hand. “Very well, you can begin.”

“Get ready to see hell!” The bandit placed his deck on the board.

“Whatever you say” Weevil was next and both drew their initial hands

“My machine letters will send you hell”

“Stop being repetitive and play it once and for all” As Keith was the only one on the island who had not revealed his strategies until now it was with his bug deck with its configuration that he liked to call 'normal'.

“There goes my letter in defense mode!” He summoned the Pendulum Blade Torture Machine, it was a monster that was a machinery head with a sharp blade as a torso, it had 5 stars, 1750 attack and 2000 defense

“I guess you're done” He drew his card “I summon Meowth in defense mode” A kind of cat appeared on the field with a golden decoration on its head, it was 3 stars and had 1350 attack and 1200 defense

"Shit! “It’s just a stupid cat!”

“Well, I activate the effect of this cat, when it is successfully summoned I can search for a magic card or trap that includes Pokémon in its text and add it to my hand” Weevil brought the magic card: Switch! to his hand “I'm finishing my turn”

“Great thing, it will barely be worth the effort to finish it, make it disappear, torture machine!” The machine switched to attack mode and held the cat, who could only tremble with bristly hair until the blade broke in half. “It's your turn, son of a bitch, send something to the slicer!”

"What do you think about tough meat, I summon Tauros in attack mode" A bull with three tails appeared on the field and began to moo, it was 5 stars and had 2000 attack and 2000 defense “I activate the first effect of Tauros when it is normal summoned I can summon another Tauros from my deck or hand to the field!” Another bull appeared this time in defense.

“Guys, is it me or do Weevil monsters always seem to have some effect?” Joey didn't know if he was imagining him watching Weevil's monster attack and seem to activate another of another effect.

“No, Joey, you're right, I've never heard of 'Pokemon', but they all seem to have some special power, it's variety that makes Weevil so dangerous, even when he doesn't use insects.” The other Yugi analyzed the duel in detail, his previous defeat will not be repeated.

(It's gratifying to see some of my most unique creations, although I wish I could take all the credit) Pegasus didn't miss anything either, this archetype had not yet been reprinted due to the conditions of a contract, although of course it had something to counter it if necessary.

“…When Tauros attacks he gains 1000 attack points during battle alone, Raging Bull!” The bull collided with the machine monster and tore it to pieces, leaving Keith with 750 life points. “I place a card face down and end my turn.”

"Damned! You won't be able to beat me!” He drew his next card and his expression completely changed. “Haw, haw, haw, tell me, have you ever bet your life?”

“Keth… I'm just turning 18 and I'm in a card tournament, I don't look like I came out of a sewer or a seedy bar like you look like you did.”

“Maybe I'm just nostalgic, this card reminds me of when I escaped from hell… I attack with the Dragon Revolver!” In the bandit's field, a machine appeared that seemed to be made almost entirely of guns, but the large revolvers that replaced his arms and head stood out. It was 7 stars and had 2600 attack and 2200 defense. “It's time for a game, my dragon has a 50% chance of attacking with each of his three superior weapons per turn…”

“Interesting move…”

"You will see! “Russian roulette!” The gun drums began to spin when they finally stopped, two releasing their bullets. “It's time for beef chops!” When the ammunition hit the first Tauros it formed a smoke screen, when it cleared Keith expected to see his opponent's empty field, but when he could see he only found... a fat thing lying on the field. “What that shit?!”

“I activate my spell card: Switch!, it allows me to return a Pokemon from my field to my hand and summon another from my hand, I chose Snorlax” It was a 6-star monster with 2100 attack and 2100 defense; The spell card had an image of a person pointing a sphere, which shot a red beam, towards a creature.

“But that obese piece of shit has less defense than my Dragon Revolver!”

“Its effect is that it cannot be destroyed by attacks or monster effects, too bad” Weevil was happy to use this spell card, Yugi and Panik had destroyed it the last few times.

“Slippery trash!” He had no choice but to finish his turn

"You can guess what's next, someone wants revenge for what you did to his partner." Weevil summoned Tauros again and thanks to its effect he had two again. "Turn that weapon into scrap metal!" Tauros charged and with his 3000 attack points raised his hooves to crush the machine, leaving the bandit with 350 life points. “My turn is over!”

“You won't get rid of my Revolver Dragon so easily! I activate my Trap: Time Machine! This card allows me to return my monster to the field!” The monster made of weapons emerged from a strange machine on the field “Also, I activate the spell card: Stop defense” All of Weevil's monsters had to go on the attack, even Snolax who seemed upset to get up “Let's continue the fun! Russian Roulette!” He seemed to be in luck because all three cannons fired, destroying the bulls and leaving the bug boy with 300 life points.

(I never want to be near a gun in my life) He couldn't believe his bad luck.

“Your cows are gone and your fat man can't defend himself! Next turn you are dead!”

“Maybe I would…if there was a next turn” He had stolen Pot of Greed, but he didn't even need to use it “Behold the face of your doom.” Weevil summoned a… unintimidating-looking green spider, although it was true, it had a kind of face on its abdomen, it was a 1-star monster with 500 attack points and 400 defense points.

"Haw Haw! What is that trash going to do?!” It seemed like the bandit was going to fall off his chair from laughing.

No one in the audience was laughing, they knew very well not to underestimate Weevil's bugs.

“It can wipe out your life points, once per turn Spinarak can cause 500 points of damage to my opponent's life points, hunting net!” The spider shot a thread from his body, with great skill he controlled it to avoid the Dragon Revolver, reaching Keith.

"What?!" The bandit could only watch as the spider moved along the thread to reach him and bite his neck, leaving him with 0 life points. “Aarg!” He screamed as if the sting was real. (It can't be! I, the champion of the United States... I lost) He felt especially defeated because in front of him there was no formidable enemy, just a stupid spider and a fat man who seemed to be sleepy. "I do not accept it!"

“Have some dignity, Keith.” Weevil shook his head.

“A lot of nerve for someone who wasn't even invited.” As the organizer of this tournament, Pegasus obviously knew that he never sent an invitation to the bandit, he just let him continue for the fun of it. “Expel him from my kingdom.”

Two guards went to Keith's side to forcibly take him away.

“Pegasus! “You will not escape my revenge!” The bandit hit the guards until they were on the ground and, using the gaming table as support, jumped up to the creator's box.

“You're very persistent.” Pegasus didn't even flinch when Keith stood next to him and pointed a gun at him.

“Give me the prize money and maybe I'll just maul you a little!”

“You have lost a lot since your defeat” The creator only felt contempt towards him

“Stop fucking with me!”

“Get out of my sight” The creator pressed a switch on the floor that caused the floor to open around him, the bandit did not wait for that move and ended up falling into the void. “We can continue now”

(…At this point it doesn't surprise me) Weevil just got up from the table to go set up his deck for his meeting with Mai.

“Next match Joey Wheeler against Yugi Muto!” Despite the announcer's words, none of those mentioned moved.

“What's going on? It's his turn.” The insect boy, who kept changing cards, urged them to move forward.

"We discussed this last night, there is no point in showing Pegasus more of our cards and strategies than necessary." Yugi took a few steps towards the table and showed his card, implying that Joey was giving up.

(I guess in a way, it's good that Wheeler recognizes his limits.)

“We will have to pass the last semi-final” Pegasus had nothing to object, his goal was to beat Yugi, after all.

“By surrender, Yugi Muto advances to the final, the next will be Mai Valentine against Weevil Underwood”

3