Interlude 1
81 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Welcome to the land of the woken!” Zelretch spoke jovially when Fou had awoken from his nap, a cup of coffee in his hand, *Sluurrrp*. “Ah! Hawaiian Kona, Rich flavour-”

“Bright acidity and a complex aroma.” Fou interrupted Zelretch as he stretched, he yawned before continuing the conversation. “I really needed that, thank you.” He bowed his head in thanks, the golden apple hanging from the lone feather on the hood of his new cloak.

“Good, you know coffee trivia, Makes me feel better about leaving this place in your care.” Zelretch spoke over the rim of his cup, his eyes roaming the Magician’s Box with care and nostalgia.

“Wait… WHAT!?” Fou practically screamed, getting a chuckle out of the old Dead Apostle Ancestor. “Please, depending on the timeline, you’d be ranked first, while I’d be ranked 4th.” Zelretch said with a toothy grin, as if he read Fou’s thoughts on his ranking. “I’m well aware about me being entirely fiction to some, and the 2021 remake where you aren’t ranked at all!” Zelretch put his cup down, his face held in a stern scowl.

“I’m also aware you haven’t been learning any other magecraft at all.” A pressure started to build in the room, yet Fou was unaffected by it. “I left a couple simple spells in the first book, yet it seems you skimmed through it just to summon a couple servants.” A vein throbbed on his head, a myriad of colours started to coalesce around them as Fou prepared for another fight, outlines of swords appearing around him as he smiled, the pressure continuing to build as Zelretch stood up.

“But that matters nought, for I have more books for you to learn from!” His face instantly turned to a grandfatherly smile, 10s of books dropping on the tables and floor around them from the wave of colours. Fou looked across his new coffee shop with a slight scowl, the surrounding books that he would have to read through.

Fou tentatively picked up the closest book, his swords winking out of existence, and read its title, ‘Magecraft And You, the Mechanisms behind it all, VOL. 1’ He gave a deadpan look to Zelretch, who just chuckled and handed him another.

“This is great and all, but why can you understand me?” Fou popped the burning question on his mind, putting the book back down. Zelretch looked at him in feigned confusion, but seeing as Fou completely saw through it, he just pouted, which looked weird, after all he was watching what appeared to be a 50-year-old man with fangs pout. “Please, don’t pout again.” Fou asked as he rubbed his forehead with a sigh.

“Now, will you answer my question?” Fou’s impatience was showing on his face as he continued to sort through the different books, quickly throwing the one about sex magic into the nearby fireplace.

“Hah!-” He laughed out loud and leaned forward, putting himself directly in front of Fou’s face- “No!” Zelretch promptly sat down with a huff. “You’ll learn on your own, maybe even trail blaze a new spell for it!” He laughed again as he raised his cup to his lips, letting Fou catch a glance of the red liquid in it.

“Ahhh, anyway-” Zelretch quickly rummaged through his coat to pull out a letter, addressed to one ‘Sir Integral Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing’ -“Oops wrong letter!” he quickly threw it behind him and continued to rummage for another second before handing Fou a pristine beige envelope.

“And this is?” Fou raised a brow as he gingerly accepted the envelope. “Just open it” Zelretch waved him off with a cheeky grin. Opening the letter, Fou was treated to the sight of a highly detailed hand flipping him off, with words under it. ‘OBJECTIVE: MEME’

“What does it mean, Objective me-” Fou started to ask only to get quickly picked up and thrown into a portal, a new menu screen quickly popping up as the kaleidoscopic colours blew past him

--------------------------------------------------------------
'OBJECTIVE: MEME'
Hello Baby boy, IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL!

Objective:
Establish a fair contract

Bonus Objectives:
'MEME'
TIME TO BUST A MOVE!

RESTRICTIONS:
No Cloak
No Mother's Rosario
No Kaleidoscope

Rewards:
?????????

Bonus Rewards:
?????????
--------------------------------------------------------------

Fou quickly read over the quest, a smile appearing on his face, ready to take on the challenge and style on some idiots. Looking up to the end of the tunnel, he steeled himself, he wondered what fun he would have.

A bright white light greeted Fou’s arrival, he felt his feet hit the ground and prepared himself. He looked up and saw a Black and Pink haired lady, their eyes met, and he felt a connection, one formed through memes, sing with glee.

“Are you one of my people…?”

The what looked to be Neopolitan smiled calmly as she picked up Fou and held him like a long cat

“We are gonna do great things together, my friend…” she said with a grin that clearly unsettled the local black haired cat girl.

“Who… is that?” She said, poking her head between them and breaking the ice-cream lady out of her thoughts, her ears drawn back.

“Fou!” he said with a faux salute to the cat lady.

“Scrungo, the Magnificent!” Neapolitan held him out to Blake with a massive grin.

3