Tables; The prequel
58 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Neo shook her head of all lingering thoughts as she walked into the nightclub, getting a nod from Fou she confidently strolled inside. The blaring music combined with the strobe lights from the club, leading to a rather headache inducing experience for newcomers. Regulars were spread through the club, crowding the dance floor and tables off to the side by the giant glass pillars around the room.

Neo stopped for barely just a second, she spared a glance to the upper floor VIP section with a barely concealed smile, her feet moving with grace and familiarity as she wandered over to the bar. Both her and Blake ignored the stare they were getting from those around them, though a good many of the girls around squealed when they saw Fou who was now perched atop her head with a smug look.

They were quickly deterred with a ‘Smile’ from Neo, totally nonthreatening in any, way, shape, or form. Not at all…

“Heyo!” Fou called out as they got close to the bar, the person manning the bar wore a black vest over a white dress shirt, a red tie, black gloves and black dress pants. He seemed to be exceptionally tall, around a full foot or so taller than neo herself.

His face held a small look of confusion hearing Fou speak, seeing as all he heard was ‘Fou!’, he was further concerned with Neo picking the animal from her head and setting him on the counter.

“Are you gonna get Plastered?” He asked, only to get a wry smile and a shaken head from Neo. “No, Scrungo… We’re not getting plastered right now. Maybe a bit later.” Her face gained a small moment of contemplation before her eyes locked onto Junior with a hunters' efficiency.

“Junior.” Neo took a seat at the bar, crossing one leg over the other. She leaned forward, putting her assets on display as she propped her head on her arm. “You a fan of Neo or something? You look uncannily like her. Kinda freaky.” Junior commented, his body tensing up and readying for a fight.

“Now, that’s a weird thing to say, isn’t it? The fact that you didn't immediately think I was her. Was it because I’m talking or… is she and Torchwick here?” Neo’s back straightened up as she folded her hands and watched his brow crease.

Junior started to back up slowly, but he was too slow, an umbrella appeared in Neo’s hand. Its handle hooked around his neck, she used it expertly to pull him face down into the bar. Grunting, he tried to stand up but found he couldn’t struggle against her strength. His eye widened when Fou placed a paw on his head and looked at him, a sense of foreboding and absolute doom overcame him as he shivered for a reason he couldn’t understand.

It was as if the creature only needed to apply a single bit of pressure to end his life.

“Wh… Why do you wanna know? For God’s sake, please don’t ruin my club, I just had it repaired.” He practically pleaded, his eyes doing everything to look away from the white creature standing over his head like the blade of a guillotine or the sword of Damocles.

“No promises. VIP floor?” Neo looked up to the second floor as she spoke, her question holding all Junior need to know. He signed in resignation.

“Yeah… Just try not to fight?” He asked, he was released from both Neo’s hold and Fou’s overbearing pressure. He gave his neck a rub to alleviate the residual feeling of her Hush’s tender embrace.

Fou jumped onto Neo’s shoulder and laid across her width, she held out a waiting hand and an expectant look to Junior who reached under his counter pulled out a pass and threw it towards her as the three started making their way to the elevator.

She paused for a moment and turned back,  “Oh, if you try to warn them, I’m breaking everything here for shits and giggles.” She gave him a warning before waving and leaving, she stepped into the elevator with glee.

“So… This may turn into a fight. Will he be okay? What was his name again?” Blake asked Neo with the annoying Calm elevator music in the background, her head did a little flick towards the white creature lazing on her shoulders.

“Will he be okay…? Hehe… Yeah, he’ll be just fine. My guy is supposed to be a walking apocalypse. And I told you his name. It’s Scrun-” Blake placed a single dainty finger on Neo’s mouth to stop her.

“No… No, it is not.” Blake started, “His real name!” Blake fought back a laugh as she watched Neo practically deflate from her rejection as the disappointment welled in her eyes.

“Well…” Neo scratched at the back of her head and scuffed her shoe on the ground, “if you wanna be boring… I guess you can call him Fou, Cath Palug, or Primate Murder.” Nero’s answer was delivered rather unenthusiastically as Fou gave a proud nod.

“Fou it is, I refuse to call him Scrungo the Magnificent.” Blake laughed this time as Neo shook her head in disappointment, though Fou gave her a grateful Nod. As much as he loved and lived for the bit, it was nice to be called his name.

-VIP Room-

Torchwick sighed, having just gotten off his scroll when he received another call, he didn’t even bother to look at the Caller ID.

“Oh for the love of- What is it now!? Can’t anyone wipe their own ass without me helping them!?” Roman yelled in annoyance, amusing the smaller girl next to him that looked just like Neo, but dressed in a very elegant and fitting combat dress. “What!?” He shouted into his scroll as the tired voice of Junior Hei Xiong answered him.

“Hey, Roman, we have a situatio-” Roman smacked his scroll into the table, enabling speaker mode. “Motherfucker, I am a FLOOR above you! I’m not dealing with a rowdy huntress in training.” He practically seethed at the man, “I’m not hearing gunfire, and you know the shit I’ve been dealing with. Stop being a fucking idiot and talk to me yourself.” Roman said through gritted teeth as he rubbed his templates to soothe the growing migraine, with Neo giggling next to him.

“I know, but this is different. There’s this-” Roman hadn’t heard the next few words to come out junior’s mouth due to the loud ‘Ding’ that came from the elevator stopping at their private VIP floor. The muffled music doing nothing to help.

Both Torchwick and Neo stood up, their weapons raised and ready for a fight, only to see a unique cat faunus standing there with a twitching smile she was trying to hold back. To their left was what gave them a moment of pause, a boombox on the ground behind them starting to play a deep violin.

The first thing he latched onto was the girl who looked like a longer haired Neopolitan and a… Cat? Dog? A fucking Squirrel? What ever it was, it was on her shoulder. Both of them had their backs turned to them, with part of their faces obscured by conveniently placed shadows, showing nothing but their mouths.

Their poses looked like they were some kind of ‘menacing’ pose meant to intimidate them, which just further stumped them, their weapons slightly lowering. “What the fuck…?” Roman whispered, but it was very audible to the rest of the room.

“I see Junior was dumb enough to call you. Oh, well… This is on you. I’m here to beat ass and break tables…” Before He knew it, he saw the girl who looked like his partner in front of him, grasping his shoulder in an iron clad hold.

“And I just found a fuckload of tables.” She hissed out, it was all he heard before he was flipped and sent through his own table, sending his scroll flying and hitting the glass that separated this floor from the one below.

2