Chapter 4
88 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mikael was lying down relaxing, when he noticed that it was already night, but he could hear swords and battles going on and there was confirmation:

a body fell right on the door of his room, causing it to crack. Given that, he decided it was the perfect opportunity to make his escape.

Activating his vampiric transformation and breaking down the door causing a massive explosion, he camouflaged his exit.

That's when, already in freedom, he came across on the way with humanoid animals or as they call them: "Orcs".

The knights and soldiers of the kingdom were fighting the orcs that were scattered all around the prison.

Everything seemed very exciting to Michael, but he couldn't participate because, if his escape was to be 100% successful, he needed to go unnoticed...

Passing silently and trying to camouflage himself, Mikael managed to get out of the prison, but luckily for him or his luck, the chaos outside was worse:

civilians screaming, houses on fire, bodies strewn across the floor, etc.

Seeing all that bloody scene, he didn't bother, as if it was something quite normal, on the contrary, he found it convenient looking at the floor bathed in blood and something, deep inside him, yearned for it.

Mikael found that with the memories of the previous owner and his memories coming together, they changed his mindset a little bit.

Not knowing how to feel about this, Michael resolved to put it in the back of his mind and focused on his escape.

He passed through several streets and alleys until he reached the kingdom wall and escaped, but next to it, he noticed that there were thousands of orcs and soldiers and he didn't want to be discovered so soon.

Thoughtful for a moment and deciding to wait for an opportunity, Mikael heads towards the slums. When he arrived, he noticed that he was only wearing an old rag on his body and embarrassed, he decided to get some clothes.

Entering a clothing store silently, Mikael put on a white blouse with black pants and a coat, looking in the mirror and smiling with satisfaction he left and went looking for a place to hide.

Arriving at an old abandoned wattle and daub house, he entered and found an old and small bed and under it, a small bag of coins. Laying down on her and relaxing again, he waited for daylight to continue his escape plan.

As dawn broke, the kingdom's capital became a little more stable, however, many orcs were hiding in the shadows, eagerly waiting to be able to attack at night again. Waking up and stretching, Mikael decided to take a walk to get to know better the place where he decided to hide.

In the streets of the slums there were many homeless, pickpockets lurking and sick, seeing this and sighing he muttered:

"Even in this world humanity remains the same when it comes to slums."

[Mikael]

— arriving in a somewhat busy street, a boy dressed in rags, with dark red hair, brown eyes and somewhat malnourished, approached me silently;

realizing this, my smile widened, he came up behind me and put his hand in my pocket; Seeing the confused boy looking for money in my pocket, I grabbed him by the arm and looked him in the face.

Frightened, he tried to run away but, to no avail, after all, what could a child do against the immense strength of a vampire? Realizing that he wouldn't be able to get rid of me, the boy looked at me scared, expecting to be attacked.

Seeing his gaze, I was surprised after all, it was a look of determination, fear and anger. I gave a little smile that confused the boy and said:

"Did you know that trying to steal from someone who can see you even before you approach is dangerous?"

Hearing this the boy was shocked and his shocked face was hilarious. I watched the boy's amused expressions and he opened his mouth wanting to say something but...

he gave up. I took the coins I had found in that house and gave them to him; he was suspicious at first, but then I could see a hint of gratitude and happiness in the boy's eyes, and I released him and he ran away.

3