Chapter 7
77 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Mikael]

Coming out of my hiding place silently, I stared at the men, grinning sinisterly at them, anger burning in me that they would dare touch and harm those I deem. Seeing them sweat cold with fear, my smile widened even more, I ran after one of them and my claws extended and I decapitated him.

Noticing the bright red blood in my claws and smelling it, my honey-colored eyes turned blood red and my pupils turned vertical, my canines grew an inch.

Normally before, I wouldn't have thought or noticed the blood, which now looked extremely attractive and aroused my hunger, but my human side was disgusted at the thought of drinking human blood.

As my vampire instinct fought with my human feelings, I was conflicted and ended up licking my claws but, knowing who that blood was and tasting it, I ended up spitting it out;

it was disgusting and disgusting! I tried to calm my mind and with that my hunger calmed; I knew I would soon have to sate myself but... this was not the right time yet.

Looking at the mate of the man I killed I ended up laughing, after all, this scum abandoned his own mate and hurt my precious Drake and wanted to escape my clutches at night?! The day is my street and the night is my park.

I ran after him and decapitated him too, that's when I realized Drake was still there. Looking at him out of the corner of my eyes, I sighed in relief as he seemed to be distracted thinking about something, but then he looked at me and seeing my eyes claws and fangs he seemed to be scared, in the next instant, he seemed relaxed.

Confused I stared into Drake's eyes and asked sadly if he was scared of me but to my surprise he said he wasn't and it warmed my heart however I had to know what he was thinking of doing, and asked:

"What are you going to do now, Drake? I am a vampire, a creature that feeds on human blood, a being that you humans consider the incarnation of evil..."

Sighing, Drake said something that shocked me:

"I won't do anything, you didn't hurt me, HELP me and defend me..."

In shock for a few minutes I composed myself and said:

"But now that you know, I can't leave you here, it's not a matter of mistrust but of danger"

I was wondering how to solve this problem I didn't want to force him to become a vampire or kill him or anything bad but... to my surprise, Drake again made an unbelievable proposal:

"Take me with you, I don't care if I stop being human because my own species abandoned me and unlike humans, a being they consider bloodthirsty and evil saved me..."

I thought about what kind of life he had lived so far to say this and seeing the determination burning in his eyes I let out a giggle however I had to warn him but I couldn't say I was human in my past life and neither report that I didn't kill him because of it nor explain the attitudes of a normal vampire, so I said:

"I may be a vampire, but I'm different from everyone else in my opinion so don't believe that every vampire you meet will be just like me. Of course, there are always exceptions."

Drake remained with the same resolve and determination making me sigh, but inside I was celebrating for two reasons:

the demon eye race is almost extinct and from what i've analyzed Drake is a mixed race, with little demonic bloodline, and because he lives in the slums, those belonging to the church, they must not have noticed the presence of this threat after all, they have the power of the infernal flames, which even if they change species still remains, imagine a vampire with control of the infernal flames! It made me excited! and the other was, that I like this messy guy and I didn't want to part with him.

[Drake]

When the idiots who extorted me found me I couldn't run away so I screamed hoping that Michael would hear me and I was hoping that he would save me but... no one showed up and they found the bag of coins he gave me and made fun of me .

An unprecedented fury filled me and I felt my eyes heat up for a few seconds but I think it was just my impression then, a few minutes later, Mikael appeared calming me down and giving a sinister and distorted smile to the men, which made me even feel goosebumps. to look at that smile and angry eyes.

That's when he went for one of the men, but when he was about to make the fatal move, I went into a trance and started to remember my life up to that moment. When I came to, I saw a creature, whose common knowledge was to be bloodthirsty and the incarnation of evil: a vampire.

What scared me even more was that, this creature was Mikael, the only person who was good to me! Seeing his blood red eyes, I was scared but, remembering everything he did for me, I was calmer and then he asked me:

Seeing his sad yet authoritative tone, a small smile escaped my lips and I said I wasn't afraid. He looked surprised so he got serious and asked a second question:

"What are you going to do now, Drake? I am a vampire, a creature that feeds on human blood, a being that you humans consider the incarn

1