chapter 8
57 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Drake mentioned a part of his past, Mikael sighed and thought: "What an irresponsible mother, but at least that was something useful at this point.

So Mikael asked Drake to stay with him in the makeshift hideout and he accepted. Arriving at the hideout, Drake asked:

"But Mikael, when I first met you, you were walking in the sun and as far as I know, vampires can't walk in the sun normally without getting weak."

Laughing at his curiosity Michael explained:

"I didn't say I'm a regular vampire, nor any Drake vampire, I'm a progenitor vampire, so I have solar immunity.

Hearing the explanation, Drake asked what a progenitor vampire is, causing Michael to frown because he didn't know this information was confidential to the public, so he explained:

"A progenitor vampire is the father and leader of the race, the highest rank, who has absolute control over thousands of vampires."

Learning new knowledge, Drake looked at Mikael in awe after all, he didn't expect the first vampire he met would be so powerful and important! Leaving that aside, they arrived at the hideout.

When they entered, Drake saw only one bed and didn't understand where Mikael would sleep.

He found out later, that he would stay on watch after all, a vampire doesn't need to sleep, that was a habit in his previous life.

Drake then went to sleep. At dawn, they got ready and headed to the market mentioned by Drake.

After walking through several streets, they came to a dark and narrow alley, so Drake entered through a door and Mikael followed;

that's when they came across several stalls selling exotic plants, drugs, poisons, animals and in some, slaves of various species, adults and children.

Drake seemed familiar with the scenes but seeing children in cages irritated Mikael and he couldn't do anything about it, even if he bought those children, others would show up and the situation would not change.

Unfortunately, he couldn't worry about anyone's life at that moment.

After following Drake for quite some time, they arrived at a store away from the illegal trade; entered and noticed that it was full of books and knick-knacks.

They went to the counter, where an old leprechaun was. Noticing their presence, the goblin smiled with his sharp yellow teeth and said, "Welcome, dear guests, how can I help you?"

Drake immediately said a strange phrase that left Mikael confused, however, upon hearing the phrase, the goblin's smile widened and he guided them to the back of the store and down the stairs that led to the basement.

Opening a large wooden door, a huge pearl was seen inside, as black as a moonless night, which gave an air of mystery and horror to the place.

Then the goblin asked for the 20 copper coins, which happened to be the amount left in the coin bag Mikael gave Drake.

After receiving them, the goblin, satisfied, handed them two contracts with the rules Drake had mentioned, to belong to the underworld and which also contained the information about the oath.

Then they signed the contract and the goblin ordered them to place their hand on the black pearl and chanted a spell and said:

"By this oath, you are prohibited from informing the meeting place and the underworld to anyone with ill intentions. The penalty for violating the oath will be paid by death."

Then Mikael felt something wrap around his heart, as if it were a chain, however, he didn't understand why it had this effect only on his heart after all, a vampire needs to have his heart and head destroyed at the same time to die and , Michael and Drake didn't know that it was ineffective for vampires to participate in this spell however, as Michael was normal in the presence of the sun, the goblin didn't suspect anything and didn't make any race test, with that, the oath was carried out and the consequences would come later...

1