Vol. 1 Ch. 5 – Flocks of flying lizards…..
1k 6 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Flocks of flying lizards.....

Part #1

 

The flight towards the wastelands was a five day trip to the western lands within the dark continent's frontier. It's was a barren land with almost no safety whatsoever. Demonic beasts roams the barren land, preying on the weak beasts that lives within the dried up soil of the earthen waste.

 

This place was also the very first land that the war first broke out when the demon lord, Dark lord Trause, first laid siege to the kingdom of gold, Aurolius.

 

Aurolius was the only country that has the only knowledge about the seal that controls the Demon lords. It was an old ancient seal that prevents them from acting up against the other races weaker than the demon lords. Mainly because, the hero of the past was the one that made such seal.

 

With power greater than those demon lords, the hero of the past over threw the first 8 demon lords and sealed their powers inside a towering obelisk that was inscribed with incantations, making use of the power of the demon lords to generate a barrier around Aurolius.

 

However, one of the newly seated demon lords, Dark lord Trause, killed the hero and destroyed the obelisk generating the barrier along with Aurolius. Demonic beasts stormed in and devour the inhabitants that lived within the kingdom of gold.

 

Many years later, the kingdom was deserted. Only the cast away that lived here. The ruins left by the destroyed kingdom had turned into refugee houses by the black haired people.

 

Still, it was still in a very far place. Right now, i'm inside my cabin where I was talking with Lucinda through the transmission rings and reception earrings. Due to my Mp being low, the quality of her voice was scratchy. I was coping up with such situation since I know all too well the amount of Mp I hold.

 

I have also asked about the place where I was going to, to Lucinda through our telepathic calls. Who knew that it hold such story huh? For such country where the previous hero protected met it's demise, how cruel can fate be?

 

Either way, it really isn't my problem. I'll be going there since i'm  a threat to Travestin and other countries after all. They might be thinking that I could just die along with the people there if ever an attack from a demon lord would occur. I won't let them do as they please, so to get more information, I was consulting Lucinda. I don't know where Lina is right now so I hope that she is still safe. Knowing those heroes, there is not a good thing that could happen if she ends up meeting them.

 

"Thanks for the information, i'll be cutting the line now so don't let anyone caught you contacting me"

[Understood!! uh....I...hyaa....Aah...Kyoushiro-sama!!Hyaaa~]

 

Uh.... I don't know what she's doing but i'm  here sounds of water running so I think she's taking a bath but.... let's just forget about it....

 

I cut the magic power connection and drank a pre-made Mp potion I stashed when I went to the shed this morning. Good thing that there was ingredients left to make a 5 Hp potion(Small) and 10 Mp potion(Small). The shed was in ruins when I went there but it seems that before Lina was fired, she stored away some few ingredients along with some magic stones and special ores for me.

 

I really am grateful to that girl. Lina is the only person that helped me through my troubles when I was first got here in this world. Come to think of it, i'm already here for a month now huh? We were supposed to be divided in the third month so, i'm the the one being deported first; though the only difference is my destination.

 

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Strength Ring

Increases the wearer's strength two fold.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

 

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Light weight ring

Decreases the weight of the wearer.

Increases speed two fold.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

 

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Necklace of wisdom

Increases the intelligence of the wearer.

Special effect: Parallel thinking, Magic resistance boost up.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

 

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Synergist Gloves

Increases the accuracy of [Transmutation] skill.

Special effect:Magic up.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

 

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Cursed arm of Hastur

Disable's the person's potential growth.

Effects: Power down, Magic down, Fighting skill acquisition prevention, Mind devour, Magic resist down.

-Cannot be purified by any holy means-

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

 

I then used [Appraisal] skill on the items I have and my right arm as well. Although I have enchanted items that boosts some of my stats, my curse arm still repels it. Even I do try and and keep boosting my stats through increasing the items I have, it'll still be too limited. The swords I made at that time increased my power many fold. Even if my equipment at that time surpassed what this world could make, all it could do is increase my stats in a certain fixed amount.

 

"Haah....This arm is so disgusting, I hope I won't have this when I return back to my world..."

 

Puff-- I let my body fell on the soft bed provided by the elves. I was surprised by the hospitality they gave when I boarded the ship. They even gave me this spacious room for me to sleep in. But, I can't just trust them just because they gave me such things.

 

-It's better to trust the enemy than to trust those who gave you gifts. Since a mask can be worn and taken off when the need arise--

 

Such proverb. I've read and lived through it. My trust has been thrown away after what happened to my parents. At that time, I could only watch as the ceiling fell down and crushed their bodies...

 

"Kh....Better not think of it anymore"

 

After all, my right arm throbs whenever my anger gets out of control. Like at that time, my arm throbbed and felt like it was being burnt.

 

--Don't you wish to destroy all these people around you?----

 

A voice? who....who are you?

 

--Let your anger rage wildly against those who oppose you---

 

No!! Like i'm turning to something they think of me!!

 

--I'm your power!! Let me devour your enemies!!!!---

 

Those were the things I heard that time. After that was when I blacked out and was thrown to the underground prison then after that is..... my time with Lucinda and here I am.

 

Haah.....A month huh.... A month full of events that has been ruining my life one after the other but....

 

Lucinda's face flashed within my eyes as she was happily accepting me.... Lina came to mind as well.. Her timid and caring side makes me feel comfortable whenever i'm with her.

 

Although my time with them were short, I can say that I at least had some people that believes in me. But still.....can I trust this world? I have been through hell back on earth and I had the worse experience here in this world.

 

Hah No use in thinking of it, i'll just have to do my best until I can return back to my world.

 

 

 

Part #2

 

The next day, I woke up normally and went to the bow of the ship. It had a glass ceiling that lets you view the sky above. From the right end to the left, was a spacious 10 meters. There were some elf guards patrolling around while people with short size and bearded face works here to there with some guys and girls with animal-like features like cat and dog ears and faces.

 

It really feels weird whenever I see something new in this world. After all, I grew up in a normal world where this creatures doesn't exist. Well, those bearded child-size look similar to humans but, they might still be different.

 

"Black Hero, it seems that you have awaken"

"Ou.... I just felt like walking around so...."

"Don't be so vigilant around us, Black hero-sama. We're on a ship in the air so no one is stupid enough to let a hero rampage"

 

The person that was talking to me was a elf guard. Like the one that I met before I rode this ship, this guy has blonde hair and blue eyes. Though that one had his hair long enough to reached his lower back, this one had a hair style like a child. Also, his height is half of mine.....Is this kid really a guard?

 

"Uhh....."

"Just call me 'Luver' Black hero-sama!!"

 

With a salute and a child expression like he was exited for some reason, the child elf happily called me 'Black hero'.

 

Honestly, I don't want to be called like that but I guess this world has customs like that. When in Rome, do what the Romans do huh.......? It feels wrong just by thinking that.....

 

"T-Then....Luver what is a child like you doing here?"

"Eh? Child? Me?"

"Your the only person I could see that is younger than the people here...."

"Eh? Does Black hero-sama not know?"

"Know what?"

"Uun....I'll tell you about what kind of race the Elves are then!!"

 

Seriously, this guy is really a kid huh? Throwing his arms like that, he really is childish....I wonder if I got a little brother, do I want someone like Luver? wait...that way of thinking is wrong in all the wrong places

 

"Listen up, we elves are long lived race that are regarded as divine beings in some countries. Be that so, our age doesn't match appearance since we don't grow old, we stay young even if we reach the age of 2000 years. So calling me a child is completely wrong Black hero-sama, please keep that in mind"

 

Huh? Eh? Wait..... 2000 years? Doesn't grow old? Stay young? What is this kid saying?!!! Like hell some race could destroy the laws of Nature!!! Something like a race doesn't reach such age in normal cases!!! What's up with that scary race living like vampires staying in this world?!

 

"You look surprise Black hero-sama"

"Like I can keep a poker face after hearing such story!! Something like a long live race doesn't exist!!"

"Hahaha, unlike the other heroes. You seem to have more normal reaction than them"

"Don't just laugh it off!!"

 

What is this kid saying?!! Like something like that exist. If there is such a race then, wouldn't they fit as a record guarding race? With lives like that, recording the events in this world would definitely fit them. Why are these elves living like soldiers?!

 

"By the way, i'm already 350 yrs old so i'm not a child anymore"

 

There is a freaking age gap for some damn reason!! Don't go breaking common sense like it's a glass of mirrors!!

 

"Ugh....I feel like I shouldn't have called you a child earlier. Sorry about that"

"No, it's fine. You and the other heroes came from a world where our race is considered as an imaginary creatures right?"

"Yep.....wait, where did you here this? Have the heroes been at your country?"

 

It's only a month and they've been exploring already... While I was left there being tortured, they spent merry making here and there....what a bunch of worthless trash!!

 

But when Luver was about explain, his expression darkened as if something bad happened.

 

"That is....."

"Don't worry, if it's those heroes, I know very well what their capable of you don't have to hide their crimes"

 

They left me for dead after all... Knowing their crimes and using them against them would be productive. Even if i'm in a far away place, I can still move some things if ever time lets it.

 

Luver told me the story like this:

 

Several days after I was sentenced to temporary imprisonment, the other heroes took a request in an adventurer guild and went to the elven land to conquer a labyrinth. After that was....

 

"Are you really sure that a dragon sleeps in here?"

"Yep, according to that Elf girl, there is one. It was reported in the adventurer guild as well so it's probably true"

"If that's the case then say that sooner Kouga!!"

"Hah? I already told you Yuuya, why are you even blaming me?"

 

It was the group of Kouga Misumi and Yuuya Mizushima. Their both from the same father father but different mothers. But, even though they have different mothers, they inherit their father's hair color of light brown. Their eyes is what makes them different. One had black and the other amber colored.

 

Anyways, as to why they were in the elven land was because they got interested in the area an planned to make it their base.

 

I guess that they were brought by the elves because of the appearance an elf us. Especially an elven woman. Their figures and beauty are godlike that almost enamored various races. Because of that, many half elves were born due to cross-breeding of race.

 

Although it does mean like that, calling it cross-breeding is a bit..... Anyways, Kouga and Yuuya both decided to be the first ones to stay in the elven country.

 

"Oh!! Look Yuuya, that elf chick is so hot ain't she?!"

"Uh....yeah but, let's not talk to them. They seems to be scared of us"

"Nonsense!! we're heroes of this world so they being scared is nothing but a lie!! Let's just go!!"

". . . . ."

 

After Kouga talked to the elf girl, Yuuya was made to wait due to Kouga's flirting. It was a couple of minuted that the conversation end with Kouga unable to get the girl's number.

 

Well it's normal since you can't just trust a person saying good things. Kouga must have at least knew that right?.

 

"You alright?"

"Uugh....I just scared her off"

"Why don't we just.....continue our job and go back to the inn. We can't let Yukari and the others wait you know"

"Yeah..sure...sniff...uuu..."

"Don't cry, there must be girl out there for you eventually"

 

Saying that, Kouga and Yuuya went ahead towards the labyrinth's entrance. After they paid the entrance fee, they went to challenge the labyrinth and easily conquered the upper levels but, as they continued till the 50th floor, they've encounter a problem.

 

"I-It really is here....."

"A dragon......"

 

Well not actually, dragons stand on all fours and has larger physique than wyverns. In short this four meter dragon is not a dragon but a flame wing wyvern.

 

However, that wasn't the problem. But...

 

"H-Hey, Yuuya, aren't they t-too many?"

"I-I think s-so too, K-Kouga...."

 

When the was about to leave, Kouga accidentally stepped on a bone, which woke up the uncountable numbers of flame winged Wyverns.

 

*GUURRRUUUAAAAA!!!!!*

 

The wyvern chief roared and started spewing flames from it's mouth. Kouga and Yuuya has high levels but was weak to panic attacks. They just ran from the wyverns and left it like that. After that, the town was attacked by wyverns and because of that many of the elves living in that place died. The wyverns flew off to somewhere and the Heroes were gone before the other elven villagers could even ask for their help.

 

Among those deaths were.......

 

"Rufa, my wife and my daughter, Rifa both died.....I was told that our house were the first one that....."

 

Luver was on.the verge of crying but, he held it in saying....

 

"I won't ever forgive them for what they did.... If only they stayed and protected the village, none of my family members should have died.... I....I will make sure to find them and make them end this war of the demon lords..."

 

That huh.... I can understand his pain. But, only making them fight is useless. If you go for revenge, then murder them but, I can't say that. For this' guy sake as well. He'll turn into something he don't want to become and i'm sure that he'll treasure the things that his family wants him to do.

 

"Luver, you don't have to suppress it. If it hurts like hell then let it all out. Even if others will see as someone weird, then don't mind them. It's your life. What you do is what you choose. Is not up to them whether how to live your life or not"

"Black hero-sama......"

"Don't call me that. I hate being called something i'm not. Call me 'Kyoushiro' or 'Kagami', it'll be easy that way"

"Yes! Understood, Kagami-sama!!"

 

Kuh!! Why do people always add '-sama' to my surname. It sounds wrong. Well, i'll leave it be. I don't want to cause any ruckus in this place. After my meeting with Luver, he left after he was called by his fellow guards. Also, because of the false crime I had on my name, the other races besides Luver was wary of me.

 

I sighed as I walked to the hull of the ship but.....

 

*GURRRUUUUUAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!*

 

A loud roars shook the ship.

 

"Wyvern's are atttacking!!!!!"

 

It was a flock of flying lizards it seems......

 

 

Part #3

After the whole ship was turn astir, the bridge was caught on fire. It seems after that roar, a fire breath was fired and broke the ceiling. Strong winds was entering that breach and because of that, we have to lower the altitude of the ship.

 

However, we were then been attacked by the wyverns with magma like appearance. When I tried and used [Appraisal] skill, I learned that they were the same wyverns that attacked Luver's village.

 

Luver was the first one that charged ahead saying he'll avenge his family but other elven knights stopped him. The other workers were putting out the fire with water magic but due to the winds blowing in, the flames were only growing stronger.

 

But......I really want to punch those when I met them. If only they did their job, I wouldn't be having this whole wyvern problem.

 

"Kagami-dono!! Please stay under the ship!!! It is dangerous out here in the bridge!!"

 

I was being told by a small size man. Appraisal said he's a dwarf. I really don't get why their different from humans since there is an illness called 'Dwarfism'. It causes the growth of a human to be delayed in their height growth. Well anyways, this world has their own biology so who am I to judge?

 

Well, for now i'll start helping clear out the wyverns. I had my STR and AGI stats raised with my rings along with the necklace that raise my Int stats. I'll boost myself with [Magic Infusion] skill and raise my stats. I have a skill called [Magic Manipulation] but I don't know how it works so i'll have to research about it.

 

Anyway, I don't have a sword so i'll just use whatever I can see....

 

"Ah! There's a sword there"

 

I saw a Bastard sword with a size of a great sword across where I was standing. It had a red gem at the hilt and on the base with three different colors. Using [Appraisal] skill, it seems that its a sword called [Blade of Arts] It says that it can control three elements; darkness, fire and Light. Which is why there was three gems on the base of the sword. But what's with the gem on the hilt? There was no information on it even in [Appraisal].

 

Well, no matter. I'll pour in Mp using [Magic Infusion] skill anyway so it'll be of use even if I don't use it's special effects.

 

*Guruuuu......*

 

Oh, it seems that a wyvern noticed me. I better end this quickly or this ship will sink.....crash....or whatever...

 

"Then, let's start!!"

 

I further infused my Mp on the sword and on myself. Boosting my stats even further. With a kick on the floor, I charged head on to the Flame wing wyvern. The sword was easily bisected it's neck when I went under it and pushed the edge of the sword upward cutting off it's hands along with it's neck. Since the sword had a very sharp edge and slim end, it easily went through the wyvern's scaly neck.

 

Blood flows out and the wyvern's body fell down with a thud. The other wyvern's took noticed and began to focus their attention towards me. I took out an Mp potion(small) from.my pocket and drank it. I infused Mp again to myself and sword then attacked using my revised skills.

 

"[Tornado Assault-Revised]!!"

 

A whirlwind of sharp blades began dismembering the Wyvern's body, turning the whirlwind in to a blood colored storm. Blood scatters on the floor. I had myself covered in blood as well since I was in the center of it. Because of my actions, the other wyvern's became vigilant.

 

Tsk..... My Mp went down too much. I took another Mp potion and drank it. Again, I infused Mp to myself and on the sword. Using the 200 Agi stats I have, I dodged each and every fire breaths that was fired towards me. I intercept those that seems that were directed at dangerous spots and deflected them back to the wyverns.

 

That was then, black flames began to envelop the sword...

 

"Huh? What's with this sword?"

 

Mix in red and black flames, the white colored sword turned reddish black, giving off an ominous color. It began raising my stats five times my enchanted equipment could to 500. I smiled satisfied with the power the sword was giving me. Because if the sudden boost, I was able to clear out the wyverns that entered.

 

"I have to fix this as well huh?"

 

The altitude was already dropping but, wind magic users were preventing the ship from falling by surrounding the underside of the ship with a foothold of thick wind barrier.

 

I took another Mp potion(small) and drank it. I used [Transmutation] skill to repair the broken parts of the ship. Mainly the glass ceiling, the floor boards and the walls of the ship.

 

Placing my hand on the floor, I began to transmute the whole ship. Bright red light began to shine as I was using [Transmutation] skill and each broken parts of the ship was slowly being repaired.

 

Hm? This is..... the core of the ship? And it seems that it was too weak to fully control the functions of the ship. There was a barrier function, Auto-fix and camouflage system but the core's internal magic circuitry can't cope up with the functions altogether and seems to be focusing on a single system and it was the flight function of the ship.

 

Let's modify it....

 

I took two more Mp potions(small) and drank it. I felt my Mp coming back. I pour more magic power and began my modification. I tried to manipulate the flow and changed the route of the magic power to a different line, then I began to reorganized the circuitry.

 

After a few minutes, the red lights subsided. I found the ship steadily raising back up again.

 

"Phew..... It took a while to add that last function"

 

Because of me reorganizing the ship's magical circuit, I was able to make space enough for one more function for the ship. I added a circulation of magic power within the circuitry and with that installed, the magic power circulation around the ship became sufficient and efficient. It also absorbs the surrounding's magical power so that it can stay afloat for a few more hours. Now that has been done, the Auto-fix function began doing it's job and repaired the broken parts of the ship.

 

"Haah.....I feel tired....I ended up using the emergency rations huh?"

 

My Mp potions dropped to four viles left. I'd have to make more before anything happens but for now, i'll make do with sleeping.

 

"Hero-dono!!"

"Hero-sama!!"

"Black hero-sama!!"

"Cursed Hero!!"

 

Aah?!! Who said that last one?!! I admit that i'm  cursed but don't mix it with the title 'Hero'!!! It feels disgusting just by hearing that!!

 

"Hero-sama, you saved us!!'

"Hero-dono, Thank you for repelling the wyverns!!"

"Black hero-sama!! I thank you for helping my daughter!!"

"Cursed hero-sama!! Thank you for sav---auuh!!!"

"STOP CALLING ME 'HERO'!!!!!"

 

I hand chopped the last person that called me 'Cursed hero'. The others began laughing after that.

 

"W-W-What did you do that for!!!?"

 

With her hands on her hand fuming mad with red cheeks, the girl, whose hair was violet and was tied in a twin-tails style, with eyes as yellow as gold, angrily replied to my chop.

 

Huh? Who's this girl?

 

"Ah? Who are you?"

"Don't pretend like you didn't hit me!!"

 

No, i'm not pretending so.... sit down and don't lower your upper body like that.....She was wearing some kind of Goth-Lolita outfit even though her perfect figure doesn't allow it to. Her breast was spilling out of her tight clothes already so I was pulling away from my position.

 

Huh? Why is the 'Lovers ring' feels hot?

 

"At least say sorry!!"

"Fine!! Fine!! I'm sorry just don't come near me!!"

"Wha?! Aren't you rude!!!??"

"That's not it just move away quickly!!!!"

 

Our exchange was making the whole ship lively for some reason. The girl gave me a slap to the cheek after she noticed what I was talking about and called a 'pervert' of all names.

 

Damn it.....!! I'll really gave those two a beating when I see them!!!!

 

 

 

Part #4

The third day came and various things happened after that.

 

"Mou!! Don't you dare ignore me!!"

 

It was because the girl from before kept bugging me for some reason. After the incident with the wyverns, I was barraged with questions and gratitude by those who were boarding the ship. It wasn't a passenger ship but how come there were many people on board?

 

The elves questioned me about the ship's repairs so I told them about my skill. I also added the things I modified when I was transmuting the ship which was the worst thing I did. Because of my modifications. The captain of the ship and the ship's architect, made free time and invited me to a dinner last night. I was forced to answer their questions about the modifications but due to the meal given to me, I was unable to refuse them.

 

It was delicious so I can't help it....

 

Next, morning came and when I came to breakfast, the girl that I hand chopped to the head, came running and interrupt me in my breakfast. So, I quickly finished my meal and left the dining hall.

 

However, she came after me when I left. I tried to ignore her but....

 

"Hey!!!! I said don't ignore me!!!!"

 

She was being too loud....!!!!

 

"Shut up!! Don't you think that you're being too noisy?! There are other people here!!"

"E-Err....well, you were ignoring me so...."

"Isn't it obvious why i'm ignoring you?"

"Because.......you were trying to pretend you don't see me after seeing my breast?"

 

What kind of brain does this woman have?!!! I'm not such of a low of a person to lust at someone like that. I ain't a freaking dog in heat!!

 

"Did my chop rocked your brains out? Or do you want me to open that head of yours?"

"Eh?!! No!! I don't want to!!"

"Then be quite and ignore me like the day before yesterday"

 

Seriously, after Luver, now this woman. I'm really getting confuse about the racial differences of this world. Moreover, women are too vulgar in this world. I received a thought transmission last night from Lucinda. I thought it was an important call but, I kept hearing her ragged breathing with her voice seductively calling my name. Because of that, I wasn't able to get much sleep. I took off the ring and earring before I went to sleep. Due to that, i'm a bit cranky today.

 

Still, this woman is getting on my nerves. I don't want to be called a pervert on top of the crimes I didn't do. I this ship might not make it to it's destination.

 

"So? what do you want from me?"

"Uh....I just want to thank you properly that's all"

"Then you've done what you came for. Leave already"

"Aren't you being mean?!"

 

When I was about to leave, the girl jumped on my back, preventing me from leaving the halls.

 

I felt the soft mounds pressing against my back. And each time she tightens her grip, those soft cushions were pressing hard against me.

 

"Get off!!!"

"No!!"

"Why?!!!"

"You'll run away from me!!"

 

Damn, she saw through me.

 

"F-Fine!! Just get off!!"

"Really? you won't run?"

"Yes, yes!! Just hurry and get off!!"

"Hnn~ good!! ah, what is this hard thing?"

"DON'T TOUCH THAT!!!"

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

After our comical exchange was over, we both moved to the bow of the ship. Currently, we are above the plains of Feron Mercenary State. Because of the modifications I made, there was no need to change the magic power trans-juicer for the ship. The ship's blueprints were interesting but what makes it float is so superfluous. I checked out the thing needed to change due to the captain's request and because I was paid after, I somehow felt that I wouldn't mind some more modifications.

 

Anyways, me and the violet haired woman both stood in front of each other, away from onlookers. I tried to make sure there was distance so I am currently 2 meters away from her.

 

"So? Now that we're alone, talk"

"Haaah.....Understood..."

"What are you dissatisfied about?"

"Nothing!!"

 

What is wrong with this woman?

 

"Anyway, i'm  Kyouhiro Kagami. I don't want to be called 'Hero-sama' or anything that comes from the word 'Hero'"

"Eh? Why is that?"

"I don't want to answer. Tell me your name before I leave"

"Eeh??! Stingy...."

"Shut it"

 

With things finally calmed down, the woman finally named herself.

 

"I'm an imperial court magician that is meant to escort you to the wasteland's former country of Aurolius, Arianne Ruva Aurolius"

 

Huh?

 

"You...."

"Yes, i'm what's left of the former prosperous kingdom of gold"

"So your a surviving royalty? Are you going back to reclaim it?"

"That's......"

"Don't answer if you don't want to"

"No, it's fine..... The reason i'll be coming back is to reclaim the land and make it prosper again. The one governs it is currently a different noble from a different country. I hid my Identity just to reclaim it one day. But....."

"But?"

"The threat of a demon lord marching there became high so the current lord of that land ran away to some country. So right now, no one is seated as the ruler"

 

So they really did plan on having me killed by a demon lord... Those freaks, i'll definitely make them pay for this...

 

"So you're planning to rule that land filled with rejects of the world?"

"T-That's...."

 

Arianne lowered her head, hiding away the pained expression she had on her face. I sighed as I was watching her like that. Waiting for her to continue.....

 

"T-That's right.... A kingdom cannot be a kingdom if there is no people to live in it. Same goes to the ruler without his subjects cannot be a king"

"Hoh~ you're think far more better ruler than the one I know"

 

That one is trash. After leaving me to be tortured, he never helped me even once. Even though he was the one who ordered me to save those bastards, he didn't even act as my witness. I'll make him pay along with those that tormented me back in that country.

 

"I thank you for that"

"It's not something to thank me for. I just what I thought"

"Still, i'm thank you for saying so"

"So noisy....."

 

I saw Arianne chuckled with a slight blush on her cheeks, but suddenly her expression turned serious. Then, as the howling winds loudly blowing against the walls of the bow, Arianne spoke as if I was in front if a true royalty.

 

"Hero-sama---No, Kyoushiro Kagami-sama, as the only direct descended of the once flourishing kingdom of Gold, I request you to please aid me in my struggles to reclaim the kingdom I've lost. For the sake of the people oppressed by the races due to their color of hair and eyes, I beg for your assistance oh dear hero brought to us by the goddess"

 

Arianne got to one knee and as she was saying those lines. She was revering me like a saint as she wholeheartedly asked for my assistance. But hearing her called a hero brought by that stinking goddess, makes my faced turn foul.

 

I hate being called a hero and that is because of the cruel thing that I experienced after acting like one. This world changed me greatly and because of that, i'm gonna let this world turned to ashes.

 

But.... Looking at this girl wholeheartedly trying to ask for my help, I can't help but think otherwise. Lucinda and Lina are the same. Their goodwill is what keeps me intact. If I were to lose them, i'd broke into million pieces. I keep those I held important close then ignore those who makes an enemy out of me.

 

That's why.....

 

"I'll accept"

"Eh?"

 

I'll need the assistance of a royalty to help me grow stronger. I can't fight without using all of my Mp at once. That is why, I need the money to buy the materials I need to get stronger. Even if people see that as leeching to people's money, I don't care. As long as I get stronger, I don't care what the people think of me. As long as I have those believe in me, i'll take what ever this world throws at me.

 

That is why, i'll help Arianne reclaim the land she owns. It is a kingdom that once prosper, the lands can be fix and caves can be mined. I'll do everything to get stronger and show this world that I can fight even with this curse burdening my body.

 

"So do you mean...."

"Aah, I'll do what you say. I'll help you take back what's yours. In return, help me take back what's mine"

"That's.....Kyoushiro-sama....I..."

"I as I've said, don't thank me since i'm only speaking what I think"

"Still.....I am...very thankful. I promise that I will never betray your trust, Kyoushiro-sama. To those that have made you into a criminal, I will help you with everything I can"

"Hmph, it's a deal then"

 

With the two of us backing each other, I will give her my strength, she'll give me the power I need. Hahaha.... This thing just got more interesting.....

 

 

 

 

 

(EDITED: sort of)

13