Vol. 1 Ch. 6 – The promise of the past and the reason for the changed…
969 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - The promise of the past and the reason for the changed...

 

Part#1

 

It has been a month and a half since Kyoushiro was brought to the wastelands with Arianne, the last descendant of the former Kingdom of gold. The times when that happen wasn't know to the others, nor the time when Kyoushiro arrived in the wastelands. Neither the time when he was imprisoned then freed after several days, wasn't known to the heroes.

 

By the time they knew that Kyoushiro was gone was when Lucinda announced Kyoushiro's departure towards the wastelands. No one reacted at that time. In fact, they didn't bother to worriedly think about Kyoushiro's condition. They only cared about the strength they were gaining as the first month after they was summoned ended.

 

However, there was only two person that thought something of it. It was the best friends, Minami Todoroki and Mikoto Aizawa.

 

The only people that was worried about Kyoushiro's condition besides their teacher, Shizuka Inomiri.

 

The two of them were among the people that travels with and fights with Taiga Kurosawa's group. As Minami was a healer, she was the person that always being relied on by her team mates. Of course she too was proud of her strength but, it was also tiresome. Taiga always charge head-on, followed by her other classmates, they all ends up being injured in every battle.

 

Whenever they fight it was always like that. There were times when even Minami has to fight, and with that, fighting along with healing her team mates makes it twice harder to concentrate. But that is where Mikoto comes through. Together with her tamed beasts, she fights together with Minami, both defending and fighting for her teammates.. Since not only, she can boost the power of her tamed beasts, she can also influence the people who fights along with her tamed beast.

 

That is because of her special skill [All boost berserk].

 

A skill which increases the stats of those her familiars are fighting with. With such power, she supports the rear with Minami. Her eye sight was trained to judge those things properly even if by a far distance. It was because if training and being the captain of the archery club back in their world. Because she hold such inborn talent, she is able to command her tamed beasts properly.

 

However, such sight wasn't born true talent alone. It was for watching Kyoushiro from afar. The truth was that they had their fated encounter when they were just kids; before Kyoushiro's parents was alive. Unknown to Kyoushiro, they met once before he experience the death of his parents. It was an encounter when Mikoto got lost in the nearby park next to her school. It was then when Kyoushiro arrived and played with her till she felt safe and waited for her parents to come and find her. Eventually, her parents came and after that, Mikoto made a promise with Kyoushiro that once they met again, they'll be together side by side from now on. However, Kyoushiro thought nothing of it and just willfully agreed to it. With the innocent girl frivolous from the truth, her desire to meet prince again gave her the talent to see things clearly from afar, like an eagle stalking it's prey.

 

However, times passed and things have changed, by the time the two met again, Kyoushiro greatly changed. The cheerful child back them became dark and unsociable, his smiles all turn to from and the most painful of all was that he does not remember the promised back then.

 

"You've changed....."

 

Mikoto always mutter such words every time she passes by Kyoushiro. Of course, the lad was too broken to here such thing, Though the girl herself does not know such fact.

But, all changed when she was saved by her prince once again. Trapped inside a room where monster siege comes every six hours, enduring each lost of a comrade, Mikoto was in the verge of losing hope. But that was when her valiant prince saved the day.

 

Clad in bluish white light, wielding two swords in each hand that was different in size and appearance, the same person that saved her back then. The hero whose hair and eyes were dark as night, Kyoushiro Kagami.

 

That was why, she couldn't help but pounce on him and happily embrace him but......after those happy times, her beloved prince was falsely accused by some crime he obviously didn't do. At that time, she couldn't believe what she was hearing and became unable to act quickly.....and an instant, her prince disappeared just like that. Only to hear that she was deported to a far off place where the most dangerous beings lay, the wastelands......

 

"Like I've been telling you, it wasn't your fault"

"But.....but...."

"Look here, I know how deep your feelings for him but, don't you think killing yourself would solve the problem?"

"But.....If only I acted faster that day, he'd.....Kyoushiro-kun....would have...would have...."

 

Right now, Mikoto and Minami was back in the castle in Travestin. After hearing Lucinda's announcement about Kyoushiro, she ran back to her room, crying and attempting suicide. Who would have thought that a person so well behave like that. Only towards a person that doesn't even remember her. Her best friend Minami was kind of jealous towards such person. Still, right now, Minami was calming down the girl who was about to jump out the window in a height of ten story.

 

"Come on Miko-chan, Kagami-kun's disappearance those past few days was a shock for me too. Who would have thought he'd do something like killing us?"

"He wouldn't do such thing!!!"

"I-I know!!! I-It's just that we never interacted with him before so we're not sure whether his crimes were true or not"

"No, I believed that Kyoushiro-kun was framed!! We only have been here for a week after we first came here, so him making such elaborate plan is just ridiculous!!"

 

True, at was such thing that was easy to tell. Kyoushiro can't do such well- thought out plan a day after we were just summoned the first day. Even predicting the path they'll take in the labyrinth then coming back just to rescue them. It was a very unbelievable plan that only brainless people would believe.

 

Furthermore......

 

"For him to be tortured just by framing......"

 

It was then, that Lucinda personally spoke to Minami about it. The day Kyoushiro was first imprisoned, he was tortured everyday for a week. Minami can't even imagine how Kyoushiro was able to endure that..... Even for a human from earth, being tortured would surely break a man easily.

 

"I want to see Kyoushiro....."

"Unfortunately, Kagami-sama is in a far place. A place where his life depends on how strong his power is. It is such place all the demon-spawn were cast away, the wastelands"

"Luce-chan...."

"Lucinda-san...."

 

The person which currently occupies the seat of the queen, wearing a white dress perfect a queen, Lucinda intruded the open room of Minami and Mikoto.

 

"That place, please take me there!!!"

"Sadly, I can not. Even if I want to, it is impossible to go there immediately"

 

With eyes filled with regret and powerlessness, Lucinda replied to Mikoto's plea with a very hopeless fact. However, Mikoto didn't back down.

 

"Even so!! If it's a million miles, i'll walk through there just to see him!!"

"Miko-chan....."

"Mikoto-sama....."

 

The two were speechless from the girl's determination. Who knew that a person in love could go through such thing. But unfortunately for Mikoto, Lucinda has a way to contact him. That is why, Lucinda invoke a field which disables any means of eavesdropping. Mikoto and Minami could not understand why she did so, but they waited for to finish as they thought that it may be an important thing to do.

 

"There, no one is gonna hear anything in this room outside. Kyoushiro-sama would be mad if this things get out to the other heroes"

 

What?-- Both of Minami and Mikoto was painted with such expression. But, as Lucinda continued, Mikoto was the one was very shock in the end.

 

"Aah....for Kyoushiro-sama gave me such ring, i'm very delighted. At that time in his chambers as well. The he caress me as he lay on top of me.......Uuuu~ How I miss him so~"

"Wha?!"

". . . . ."

 

As Lucinda was taking of her earrings and ring that was made by Kyoushiro for communication purposes. She spouted vulgar things a princess nor a queen normally wouldn't say...

 

"Here, this ring and earrings were made by Kyoushiro-sama himself. It let's you communicate with only him, but the quality of his voice will depend on how much your magic power is"

"Eh? He made such thing?"

"Yes, he made this 'Lovers ring' as well. It so that I stay connected to him no matter how far the distance is"

 

Like a lover dazed in her delusions, Lucinda continued to speak dreamily as she was giving Mikoto the ring and earrings. Minami's thoughts were 'Uwaa!! I shouldn't have asked about it' when she looked at Mikoto's expression. It was like a Hanya that us about to take it's prey's life.

 

"Lucinda-san, when did he gave this things to you?"

"The morning after we made love under the bright shine of the moonlight"

"Hoh~ is that so?"

"Yes!!! It was after I confessed my love to him!! He pulled in with his arms"

*Pachi*

"Kissed me passionately with his lips"

*Pachi Pachi*

"And after that, we both.....Kyaaa~!!! I can't tell you anymore~ All I can say is that.....he was so amazing~!!"

*Guchi*

 

As the last vein from her forehead broke, Mikoto quickly wore the earring and ring then poured her magic power in it intensely. Then, as the line got through, Mikoto heared Kyoushiro's voice in the other side....

 

[Huh? Lucinda? why'd you c--]

"PERVERT!! HEARTBREAKER!!RAPIST!!!"

 

Mikoto poured all her might insulting Kyoushiro. The man on the other side was taken aback from such intense call, even his head was aching after hearing such ear shatter sound...

 

[Kuh.....Damn...my head hurts....Wait, who is this?]

"It's Mikoto Aizawa you damn pervert!! How can you do such thing to a girl?!!"

[What?!! Tsk, did Lucinda just nonchalantly told you such story?]

"Why? is because you don't want to take responsibility?"

[Wha?! Oi!! I intend to do such thing!! I'll take he with me after I found a way back home!! So don't just spouting nonsense just like that!!]

 

Mikoto's face cramped after hearing Kyoushiro say he'd take responsibility and what's more he was thinking of taking Lucinda with him back to earth. Her heart was aching. But, now was the time she'll give up. After all, this was the first time that they had a decent talk besides the one that happened in the labyrinth.

 

"Is that true?"

[Yes, i'm not some guys out there that'll leave things undone. I'll properly take responsibility and after this world had either been destroyed or saved, i'll take her with me]

"Then....does that mean...you love her..?"

[. . . . .]

"Why can't you answer?"

[Because for some reason or another, if I did you'd cry.....]

 

Kh...Mikoto clicked her tongue. For him to say that, even if he doesn't remember... Mikoto was happy. Her tears were falling already, Lucinda and Minami couldn't understand what they were talking about to make Mikoto cry like that.... But, one thing is for certain, Minami was sure it was about Lucinda's relation with Kyoushiro.

 

Minami thought of Kyoushirobas trash for hurting her best friend but, after seeing Mikoto was brightly smiling right now, she can't help but watch as Mikoto was solving her own love problem. She thinks of Kyoushiro as garbage though....

 

"Really....that trait of yours didn't changed after all these years"

[Huh? what do you mean by that?]

"You might not remember but, we've met back in the past. We were both kids back then, we even promised to be together when we grow up again didn't we? Oh, I guess you really don't remember huh?"

[. . . . . .]

"Kyoushiro-kun?"

[How can I forget.....]

"Eh?"

[That was the day when my parents died......so how can I forget]

 

After that encounter, an earthquake shook the country and the parking lot of the mall they wen't to collapse. Kyoushiro's parent's died after that. Since then, Kyoushiro couldn't forget that day.

Mikoto couldn't believe what she was hearing. The death of her prince's parents....was something unknown her, obviously it was like that...

 

[I lost everything that day so I can never forget.... The day when my relatives all stole my parent's money.....the day when they secretly tried to murder me..... I can never forget about it...No, I won't. That is why, when I return, i'll take them all back]

"Kyoushiro-kun.....then that means that you...."

[Whether I remember such trivial thing is up to me. I didn't even think that that cry baby was you]

"Wha?! I wasn't a cry baby!!"

[You were crying just a minute ago]

"I wasn't!!!"

 

What the hell is happening right now?----Minami was shock to see her best friend flirting after she was yelling earlier. The man known as Kyoushiro Kagami has talents in all the worst kinds if places... Who would have thought that he'd make a great giggolo despite his scary and nasty appearance....

 

"So, the promised we made.....do you remember it?"

 

With a red face, Mikoto was fidgeting as she was trying to confirm if Kyoushiro really remember the promise from 14 years ago....

 

[Like I said, it is up to me whether I remember such trivial thing right?]

"No, I want your answer now. Do you remember it or not? Depending on your answer, I might return this lovely earrings and ring you gave to Lucinda-san"

"Wha?! No!! I won't let you do that!!"

[. . . . . .]

 

Although the call was purely thought transmitted, why can I hear Lucinda's voice clearly from the other side? Kyoushiro was having bad premonitions as he was talking to Mikoto.

 

On the other hand, Lucinda and Mikoto were arguing about the owner of the accessories made by Kyoushiro.

 

"So? do you remember or not?"

"Kyoushiro-sama please say yes!! I need to get back those gifts from Mikoto-sama!!'

"Uh....isn't the call supposed to be thought transmitted?"

[. . . . . .]

 

No one bothered answering Minami's remark. On the other side was Kyoushiro with his face buried on his desk, thinking whether to answer or not.

 

[F-Fine!!! I remember that promise clearly. It was a promise will be together when we meet again right? So? give those earrings and Ring already. It'd be bad if something bad happen to Lucinda. She's informing about you guy's movements so I can't have her unable to communicate with me]

"Umu, that's fine with me. Then, when you return, i'll have you fulfill that promise alright?"

[What?!]

"We'll get married here or in the other. As long as you keep your promise, i'll give this back!!"

 

Uwah...... Since when Mikoto so daring? For her to lay such conditions like that, how much bravery does she have?

Lucinda was..... isn't not happy to hear that. She was beaming full of smiles after all. Minami has a bad feeling for this....

 

[W-Why do I......Tsk!! Fine, you win!! I'll do whatever you say just give it back.....I don't have time now i'm busy. That woman won't let me sleep if my work isn't finish]

 

After that, the line was cut. Mikoto returned the accessories to Lucinda while thanking her but.... Mikoto's expression was scary. It was like a yandere caught her husband cheating and was thinking whether to cut off either his balls or his thing.

 

Minami was having such scary imaginations but Mikoto's face was obviously thinking those things.

 

"So? What did he say?"

"It looks like he remembered our meeting.... But, it was also that day when Kyoushiro-kun lost his parents..."

"Wow....that's heavy....."

 

Minami couldn't imagine how fate can greatly change a person. Mikoto also told Minami about what happened afterwards that day and was really shock to know such past her classmate was hiding. Who knew that the reason Kyoushiro change was because of his relatives. There were so many mysteries in Kyoushiro's life. Who would've thought such past was included as well.

 

"For him to experience such thing....."

"Un, no wonder he never remembered me when we met again in our first year"

"Then, about what you made him promise?"

"He said he'd do it but I get the feeling the there too many rivals"

"I doubt that ahahah...."

"Really?"

"Uh....no, not really"

 

Minami could only avert her eyes from truth that Kyoushiro was already being surrounded by women by the day. Lucinda was obviously one of them and there was no saying that there was no one beside him right now. However, Minami couldn't say it in front of her best friend. It wasn't because Mikoto wouldnt be able to take the truth, it was because she was worried about Kyoushiro's life when they see him again. Minami could only imagine Mikoto stabbing Kyoushiro with a knife saying 'I'll kill you then myself'. It was such a horrible thought that Minami couldn't take it but just shoved it deep within her mind.

 

"So.....Lucinda-san is already.....with Kyoushiro-kun?"

 

Unexpectedly, Mikoto asked something outrageous to Lucinda herself. Minami was already screaming on her mind 'Why are you putting salt on your own wound for?!!!'. Obviously, Mikoto was doing such thing. Wouldn't it do any better in knowing something like that?

 

"Yes~!! I'm already bound to Kyoushiro-sama, heart and soul!!"

 

On the other hand, the overly honest Lucinda was twisting her body, truthfully telling Mikoto her truest feelings.

 

"Is that so....."

"Un!! That is why, since Mikoto-sama also loves Kyoushiro-sama, we both can be with him together, right?"

"So it comes to that?!!!"

 

What did that guy do to such lovely and proper lady like Lucinda, for her to easily accept it like that? Moreover, the way she was seeing him with affection filled with too much passion was really questionable. When Minami first met Lucinda, she didn't show any indecent behavior. She was the perfect queen that exudes an extreme aura of royalty. However, now that she confessed her feelings to Kyoushiro and even more so, slept with him, Lucinda drasticaly changes for the worst. It was like she was expecting Kyoushiro to just come back and slept with her.

 

For such simple reason called 'Love' to change a person, Minami ponders whether she should experience it or not....

 

"Lucinda-san doesn't mind that?"

"Of course!! I already received too much of Kyoushiro-sama's affection after all"

"Then, y-you wouldn't mind t-that I s-sleep with him?"

"Why not? Men like Kyoushiro-sama always have many wives right? I was even troubled when I heard Kyoushiro-sama was unpopular in your world"

"W-Well......Polygamy isn't practiced in our so...."

"Mu? Isn't that a horrible system that makes people like Kyoushiro-sama live alone? If I were to live there, i'll make sure he'd received lots of love"

"That's in poor taste and I doubt Kagami-san would like that"

 

Lucinda was planning such thing? Minami couldn't bare such thing. Why? The only reason was that the scene of Kyoushiro being surrounded by women as he was being attended by them. Unfortunately, that kind of thing, Kyoushiro would seriously ran away from that situation. After all, he isn't that type of guy.

 

"U-Umu.....I-I'll stay with Kyoushiro-kun as well...."

"That's great!! Let's do our best to service Kyoushiro-sama, Mikoto-sama!!"

"U-Un!! Let's do our best!!"

 

Watching her best friend degrade just by loving a single guy, Minami was having trouble processing the fact that Mikoto was slowly changing.....

 

Kyoushiro Kagami..... A frightening young man who was unaware of the women behind him, plotting things he wouldn't imagine in his shadows. Obviously, the young man himself wishes to avoid such thing..

 

(I need to be careful around that guy..... Even I.....back then...)

 

With her cheeks reddening slightly, Minami tries to forget about the past which her and her encounter with Kyoushiro changed her way of life.

 

As the sunset slowly sets in the horizon, Minami watched the two girls enjoying their conversation about Kyoushiro's traits that made them fall in love with him. There were times when they argue but in the end both agreed that it was a trait they love about him whether if it's the past of the present.

 

Minami gave up and slept earlier than them, since for a fact that her feelings too, was involve in it....

 

(Argh!!! Let me sleep already!!)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(EDITED) ?

12